Author Topic: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!  (Read 2787681 times)

MarkL, Gary350z and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor

Offline Deathwish

• Supporter
Re: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!
« Reply #376 on: September 09, 2015, 12:28:33 pm »
Apparently I ordered a Massive 2' by 6" x 3" box with merely 10  4558P op amps in
Electrons are typically male, always looking for any hole to get into.
trying to strangle someone who talks out of their rectal cavity will fail, they can still breath.
God hates North Wales, he has put my home address on the blacklist of all couriers with instructions to divert all parcels.

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #377 on: September 09, 2015, 01:07:30 pm »
Apparently I ordered a Massive 2' by 6" x 3" box with merely 10  4558P op amps in

Yup; the shipping department dropped the ball on that one. :)
Sue AF6LJ

Offline Deathwish

• Supporter
« Reply #378 on: September 09, 2015, 01:12:38 pm »

Oh that was only 1 part of the single order, I also ordered 10 in soic and 5 741's that came in a padded envelope seperately.  :popcorn:
trying to strangle someone who talks out of their rectal cavity will fail, they can still breath.
God hates North Wales, he has put my home address on the blacklist of all couriers with instructions to divert all parcels.

Offline canibalimao

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #379 on: September 09, 2015, 01:14:09 pm »

Oh that was only 1 part of the single order, I also ordered 10 in soic and 5 741's that came in a padded envelope seperately.  :popcorn:

Someone is kinda unhappy with his/her boss on the shipping department...

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #380 on: September 09, 2015, 01:41:25 pm »

They were obviously allowing space for the amplification.

I (impulse) bought some random bits this week: A Mastech 8910 Tweezer-meter and a Hantek CC-65 Amp Clamp for my scope.

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Offline Deathwish

• Supporter
« Reply #381 on: September 09, 2015, 01:45:56 pm »
Postie has just delivered 2 cmos 4521 ic's from cpc in a small envelope. at least that is better packaging !.

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #382 on: September 09, 2015, 05:27:34 pm »

They were obviously allowing space for the amplification.

I (impulse) bought some random bits this week: A Mastech 8910 Tweezer-meter and a Hantek CC-65 Amp Clamp for my scope.

McBryce.
15 Points for a snappy reply. :D
Sue AF6LJ

Offline firehopper

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #383 on: September 09, 2015, 05:58:43 pm »
ordered a replacement sd card/sim card slot for a samsung galaxy s4 sgh-m919 (tmobile usa) and a usb port for same, along with a new amoled/digitizer/front glass for same, have everything but the amoled/glass/digitizer thing, then I will hopefully have a working s4 to replace my aging s3

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #384 on: September 09, 2015, 06:29:23 pm »
Rs obviously trying to do HP levels. Look on the register for HP packaging fails, including sending a pallet needing mechanical handling equipment to deliver a spare power lead.

Offline drws

• Supporter
« Reply #385 on: September 09, 2015, 07:25:07 pm »
Rs obviously trying to do HP levels. Look on the register for HP packaging fails, including sending a pallet needing mechanical handling equipment to deliver a spare power lead.
Oh yes, HP's wonderful boxes.
I once got a box big enough to for me to fit inside it, that had 48 smaller boxes in which each contained a piece of paper with a licence number on, that they had already pre-loaded on to the devices I'd ordered
They wanted to ensure I had hard copies just in case.

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
« Reply #386 on: September 09, 2015, 08:44:19 pm »
Neat little decade resistance box:

Not cheap, but a really handy size. Could do with rubber feet, I added my own stick on ones.

https://www.tindie.com/products/redrocketlabs/resistance-decade-box-resistor-substitution-box/

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #387 on: September 09, 2015, 09:34:31 pm »
I just got a new Metcal WS-1 stand for my MX-500P.  It was only a couple more dollars than the equivalent Thermaltronics.  It took a few days to get the money from my stash into the bank to buy it and the funny thing was there were like 5 people watching it the entire time.  I just can't understand that-why watch it if you're not going to buy it and if you're going to buy it, why watch it.  I have snapped up stuff like that in the past.  Their procrastination is my good fortune. :-+ :-+
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #388 on: September 09, 2015, 09:35:48 pm »
Not cheap, but a really handy size. Could do with rubber feet, I added my own stick on ones.

https://www.tindie.com/products/redrocketlabs/resistance-decade-box-resistor-substitution-box/
Not cheap!? Wow! I make that £100 + all the import tax £20 + £13.50 parcelfarce fee!

It's cute, but its just the same thing as we all make from the ebay 10 pack of cheap click switches. My own, I used 1/4W resistors on the ranges except for the 10 and 1 ohm ranges, 1/2W still fit those switches and mean you can still use them with a realistic low voltage. Making it myself I also have the ability to pick the best 1% resistors to be within tolerance by 0.1% or more.

One thing though - out of the 10 switches I think maybe 2 or 3 seperate switch banks of decades are better - like a 9.999k bank, a 99.9k and a 9.99M - because all the lower decades become meaningless despite how accurate they are when the higher ohm decades have to be 0.0001% accurate to follow suit.

Also, 3 resistor boxes are better than 1  :-+

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #389 on: September 09, 2015, 09:43:53 pm »
I just got a new Metcal WS-1 stand for my MX-500P.  It was only a couple more dollars than the equivalent Thermaltronics.  It took a few days to get the money from my stash into the bank to buy it and the funny thing was there were like 5 people watching it the entire time.  I just can't understand that-why watch it if you're not going to buy it and if you're going to buy it, why watch it.  I have snapped up stuff like that in the past.  Their procrastination is my good fortune. :-+ :-+
I'll watch items on E-bay to see what they are going for, that is a good guide for when I sell the same items later on.
Sue AF6LJ

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #390 on: September 09, 2015, 10:44:50 pm »
Regarding the people watching, perhaps:
Waiting on funds?
Undecided if they're going to buy at all?
Reminder of some sort (maybe in the form of an attached note)?
Waiting for more feedback for that particular seller?
:-//

Whatever the reason, placing it in their watched list makes it easier to find later.  :P

Speaking of procrastination, now you're out of excuses on making a full, detailed comparison between the MX-500P and FX-951.  :o  >:D  :-DD
Seriously though, enjoy.  :-+

Offline isaiahA

• Contributor
    • Isaiahs website
« Reply #391 on: September 10, 2015, 12:49:02 am »
a laptop battery for my lenovo R61i laptop! O0
isaiahA

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #392 on: September 10, 2015, 02:36:58 am »
"Speaking of procrastination, now you're out of excuses on making a full, detailed comparison between the MX-500P and FX-951.  :o  >:D  :-DD"

Figured you wouldn't let me forget!  It should be here on Monday.  I will do like I did with the Hakko FX=951, text with appropriate pics, no video.  Should be fun.  Measuring the heat up time on the Metcal will be tough with only having the FAKKO thermometer, but I will do the best I can.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline Deathwish

• Supporter
« Reply #393 on: September 10, 2015, 02:38:15 am »
Heat up time should be easy to measure, just use ya tongue like the battery test.

The following users thanked this post: cncjerry

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #394 on: September 10, 2015, 03:40:39 am »
Heat up time should be easy to measure, just use ya tongue like the battery test.

Back in the day,we used "Scope" brand "instant heat" irons.
They had a carbon element which contacted the tip when you pressed the control ring,so were normally cold.

To check if the iron was heating,it was common to hold it near your face so you could feel the heat.
On one occasion,I misjudged & touched the tip of my nose with the tip of the iron.

It really made my eyes water! ;D

Offline MarkF

• Super Contributor
« Reply #395 on: September 10, 2015, 04:04:57 am »
I have been looking for a small bench power supply and stumbled upon these on eBay. 
I remember using them when I was in school.  Ah, the memories.

Offline Vgkid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #396 on: September 10, 2015, 05:17:55 am »
We still use those... great for stacking. Unfortunately the plastic cover breaks and they get trashed.
If you own any North Hills Electronics gear, message me. L&N Fan

Offline codeboy2k

• Super Contributor
« Reply #397 on: September 10, 2015, 05:45:08 am »
Ah... the memories... I owned a few of those when I was a kid of 12 :) my Dad bought them for me back in the early 70's. 

Online HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #398 on: September 10, 2015, 07:03:13 am »
Neat little decade resistance box:

Thant is a nice little box.
I have never seen that one before.
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Offline kedr_vostok

• Contributor
« Reply #399 on: September 10, 2015, 08:07:08 am »
I've joined the Rigol club today.

There is an EL302RT aimTTi power supply in transit at the moment too.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf