Author Topic: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!  (Read 2781135 times)

Calambres and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline charlieb83

• Contributor
Re: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!
« Reply #1125 on: April 08, 2016, 02:18:38 am »
My new power supply.  :)

Offline Circuitous

• Supporter
    • Corgi-Tronics
« Reply #1126 on: April 08, 2016, 02:59:59 am »
I haven't seen that power supply before.  Will you be posting a review or teardown?

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1127 on: April 08, 2016, 08:45:20 pm »
Today, I mostly received some totally genuwine AliExpress Hakko bendy tips for my soldering iron.

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1128 on: April 09, 2016, 03:06:21 am »
3D Space Mouse for my Altium. Lovely finishing quality.

Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1129 on: April 09, 2016, 03:15:24 am »
@Bud - I can only imagine those things are like having the ultimate in non-sexual pleasure usage, especially coupled with multiple monitors. However, do they work with KiCAD properly?

Offline rrinker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1130 on: April 09, 2016, 03:56:45 am »
 A Canon MF624Cw color laser multifunction device. GF needs a printer and scanner for work, and I refuse to ever buy another inkjet device because I am tired of wasting money on print cartridges that cost more then the printer and dry out before you've used half of the ink. Huge sale, too. List for $350, Best Buy is selling them for $200. At the reduced price, replacement toners do cost more than the printer, but if you let it sit and not print anything for a few weeks it will still work fine. Also has a 1W sleep mode, which is pretty cool.
 Windows 10, love it or leave it, but by the time I was done connecting the printer to my wireless router, it was ALREADY installed and ready to go in Windows 10.  Had to use the supplied DVD for Windows 7, it did not automatically detect the printer like Win 10.
 Only negative, it's honkin' HUGE. Was fun getting it home - my car is rather small (BMW 135). Box wouldn't fit in the trunk. Or in the back seat. So GF climbed in the back (the back seats are there strictly for insurance purposes and VERY small children) and put the printer on the passenger seat.

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #1131 on: April 09, 2016, 04:27:27 am »
3D Space Mouse for my Altium. Lovely finishing quality.

Oh, you're gonna like that!   :-+  One of the best purchases I made for working with SolidWorks - it's sweet to be able to just twist and turn to move & zoom your model on the screen.  Very intuitive.  Though it was perplexing the fist time something (a cat in my case) rested on it and moved the model 50 miles off screen.  I returned from lunch to a blank screen, no model anywhere in sight.   :-//  I finally noticed that the little triad in the corner was in a bizarre orientation and hit the 'center the model' button and POOF it reappeared. Took a while to figure out what was going on until I eventually noticed a feline snoozing on the blasted thing and realized it was moving the model down, down, down...

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1132 on: April 09, 2016, 04:31:41 am »
However, do they work with KiCAD properly?

Sorry i do not know, no kiCad here...

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1133 on: April 09, 2016, 04:53:50 am »
A Canon MF624Cw color laser multifunction device. GF needs a printer and scanner for work, and I refuse to ever buy another inkjet device because I am tired of wasting money on print cartridges that cost more then the printer and dry out before you've used half of the ink. Huge sale, too. List for $350, Best Buy is selling them for $200.

NO DUPLEX!!

I'm with you on the ridiculous ink costs which is why I buy the stuff in bulk. I gave up on the Epson Stylus' and now my latest MFP device a HP 8610 I only paid £80 for with cashback is excellent. It will scan documents to a network share over WiFi. Duplex is brilliant. Especially with the booklet printing modes.

I am only annoyed about it spending so much of its time phoning home to report ink usage and send the salesmen on to me for their ink plans. Feck that - I will hack those carts just like I did with the Epson...  :-DD

I also have a cheap B&W laser which I know and love, my trusty Samsung ML-2010. I'm using cheap bulk toner refills on that, but I have to admit for nice high resolution PCB boards it may be worth investing in a proper cartridge (or better toner).

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #1134 on: April 09, 2016, 01:57:32 pm »
I bought one of these...

And one of these....
http://www.dxengineering.com/parts/dxe-rg-5000
Sue AF6LJ

Offline charlieb83

• Contributor
« Reply #1135 on: April 09, 2016, 02:01:49 pm »
I haven't seen that power supply before.  Will you be posting a review or teardown?

It's an Owon ODP3032. Haven't had a chance to give it much of a try yet.
At least, I do hope to do a teardown sometime in the future.

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1136 on: April 09, 2016, 02:37:03 pm »
A Canon MF624Cw color laser multifunction device. GF needs a printer and scanner for work, and I refuse to ever buy another inkjet device because I am tired of wasting money on print cartridges that cost more then the printer and dry out before you've used half of the ink. Huge sale, too. List for $350, Best Buy is selling them for $200.

NO DUPLEX!!

I'm with you on the ridiculous ink costs which is why I buy the stuff in bulk. I gave up on the Epson Stylus' and now my latest MFP device a HP 8610 I only paid £80 for with cashback is excellent. It will scan documents to a network share over WiFi. Duplex is brilliant. Especially with the booklet printing modes.

I am only annoyed about it spending so much of its time phoning home to report ink usage and send the salesmen on to me for their ink plans. Feck that - I will hack those carts just like I did with the Epson...  :-DD

I also have a cheap B&W laser which I know and love, my trusty Samsung ML-2010. I'm using cheap bulk toner refills on that, but I have to admit for nice high resolution PCB boards it may be worth investing in a proper cartridge (or better toner).

I have 2 working scanners ( plus another HP CX that needs a new lamp, and a SCSI card in whatever is going to drive it) which I got for free, as they were either "upgraded" or were too slow.

Offline Iwanushka

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1137 on: April 09, 2016, 04:09:31 pm »
How is that spacenavigator? Checked pricing and its only 100e, thinking to get one, using altium with touchpad is pain in the arse..
When all you've got is a hammer, everything starts looking like a nail.- Attrition.

Offline BFX

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1138 on: April 10, 2016, 07:23:29 pm »
Hameg kelvin test leads for my  Agilent 4263B new for about 50EUR.
I also looking for (not crappy chinese) bnc kelvin tweezers.

Offline rdl

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1139 on: April 10, 2016, 11:36:48 pm »
I bought a new desk chair. I got tired of the cheap ones that break every year. This time I splurged and spent $400 for a heavy duty 1000lb capacity chair and best of all... no damn gas lift!

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #1140 on: April 11, 2016, 02:47:45 am »
I bought a new desk chair. I got tired of the cheap ones that break every year. This time I splurged and spent $400 for a heavy duty 1000lb capacity chair and best of all... no damn gas lift!
:-+ :-+
Sue AF6LJ

Offline canibalimao

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1141 on: April 11, 2016, 07:51:13 am »

You would need to buy a separate industrial air compressor just to lift 1000lb  :scared:

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1142 on: April 11, 2016, 08:08:55 pm »
I bought mine from a restaurant that was remodelling, got 6 for $10 each. Simple chairs, but I like them, just had to use a pack of chair feet ( not couch feet, otherwise I would have had a lot from a certain Aussie bloke ;) on it's way to me) to replace the worn out ones. They work well.

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1143 on: April 11, 2016, 08:30:49 pm »
How is that spacenavigator? Checked pricing and its only 100e, thinking to get one, using altium with touchpad is pain in the arse..

Still learning so cant tell for sure yet, but certainly helps navigating schematic sheets, easy zoom/scroll. I have a feeling it may be of more value to CAD software rather than Altium, but as you said price is ok, so why not.

Offline richfiles

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1144 on: April 12, 2016, 08:20:56 am »
Menda 6oz ESD safe alcohol dispenser.  I use to use these in the military, you basically can just dip your acid brush in them and clean away at your PCB.  Isopropyl Alcohol is what I plan to put in mine.  A bit pricy but good quality:

Very nice container... Though the  12oz Aluminum container to the right has double the capacity, and is way cheaper! Just have to consume it's contents first!  :-DD

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
  • Why shouldn't we question everything?
    • It's not really a Blog
« Reply #1145 on: April 12, 2016, 11:06:20 am »
Frustratingly, I *didn't* buy this recently: http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-view-details.html?adId=1065132580
Computer Moniter 19 inch LG Flatron (L1953H)

It's identical to the monitor I currently use on my main PC. Old, nothing special, got it for free. 1280x1024, which suits most of my uses well. But most importantly, you can remove the stand and use it like a picture frame - bottom edge on the desk. I like that, and with most monitors you can't.

When using photoshop I'd like to have a second screen for the tools panels. So I searched hoping to find a 2nd one the same. Found that. But $40 is too much. People throw these old 19 inch screen out on the street. I offered $20, and the seller accepted. As soon as I asked for their address to go pick it up (Blacktown, a long drive), they retracted their agreement and wanted $40 again. Then when I refused, they tried to bargain up to $30.

Phooey. I've been waiting for another one to turn up, so far no luck. If I wanted to pay significant money I'd just buy a nice new big screen.

I recheck that listing now and then. I doubt it's ever going to sell for $40. I guess that person has never searched gumtree for 'computer monitor, show cheapest first'.
Collecting old scopes, logic analyzers, and unfinished projects. http://everist.org

Offline Sbampato12

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1146 on: April 12, 2016, 12:28:11 pm »
Sorry about low quality photo, but you can see a 34970A pretty face.

The following users thanked this post: Nermash

Offline Blaffetuur

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1147 on: April 12, 2016, 12:29:00 pm »
+1

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #1148 on: April 13, 2016, 01:28:45 am »
Hi, my name is Pat, and I have a terrible addiction to curvy glowing orange numerals...

This arrived today from our favorite auction site.  It's in very good physical condition (though a bit dusty inside), but has at least a few issues as it's flakey on some ranges.  The serial number says it's from late 1966, and it was made in Great Britain.

I have the manual on order from Artek and will dig into it once I get the link.

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

The following users thanked this post: xrunner

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #1149 on: April 13, 2016, 01:41:10 am »
Hi, my name is Pat, and I have a terrible addiction to curvy glowing orange numerals...

I LOVE it!  :clap:
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf