Author Topic: new killer scope in town - a true game changer from R&S - RTB2002 & RTB2004  (Read 819877 times)

Offline bitwelder

• Frequent Contributor
Which other scopes? Given the amount of RTB2000 videos already out there doing the other scopes may be more informative.

Keysight 1000X, Siglent 1000X-E, and I haven't done the Hameg or the GW Instek either. That four scopes that come before the R&S.
Where's the new Rigol?  ;D

Offline agdr

• Supporter
    • agdr Audio
Newark
« Reply #826 on: March 30, 2017, 05:10:32 pm »
Looks like the stock mix at Newark has changed a bit.  Lol, you have to love really large companies with multiple departments all responsible for little bits and pieces of things.  :)  (screen grab attached)

So it used to say something like 50 in stock available for shipment 3/30/17, which is today of course.  Now we have 19 available for immediate shipment, with 30 more able to ship 3/30/17 (today).  So 50 became 49 total?  Must be Corex' unit. :D  Going to be 48 in a minute, I'm going to buy yet another one of these things so I can actually get my hands on one, the others won't ship till May. 

And IF I can actually get my hands on one I'll do ci11's test.  Just bought a variable audio oscillator good for very low THD at 1Hz - 100KHz at 200uV.  I'm really really curious how this scope does with the low level audio signals.

I would 100% agree with a comment a few posts back, not nearly enough audio people involved in the design of scopes!  8)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 05:13:06 pm by agdr »

Offline ws2812b

• Regular Contributor
You made it: 18

Offline ci11

• Regular Contributor
Re: Newark
« Reply #828 on: March 30, 2017, 05:20:42 pm »

Just bought a variable audio oscillator good for very low THD at 1Hz - 100KHz at 200uV.

Wow - congratulations! Which audio oscillator did you get with them hubba hubba specs?

Offline Petter

• Contributor
What happens if you measure the resonant frequency/frequencies?

An electrical input problem is much more of a showstopper than the still annoying mechanical intolerance of the unit.

Offline corax

• Contributor
Re: The promo deal IS still on at Newark for USA buyers
« Reply #830 on: March 30, 2017, 06:25:36 pm »

Hi Corax,

Can you confirm that this is the RTB2K-COM4 promo package because the description on the Newark page does not include all the extra options?

Yes, it's the RTB2K-COM4 package.  Here's a screenshot of the confirmation email I got back.

The following users thanked this post: skench, Hydron

Online skench

• Contributor
Cheers Corax.

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
You saved $5840.00 - gotta love that!
If there are some units available I hope forums users in US/Canada jump on them quick.
VE7FM

Offline ElectronMan

• Regular Contributor
It turns out that this bundle is cheaper than paying for the embedded app bundle for my 3000T series. So get a nice scope + decode options I need, or spend more for just the decode options. What to do, what to do...

Offline kcbrown

• Frequent Contributor
As some might seem a little touchy about having some of their other problems pointed out I'll let you find them yourselves in the links provided.

"Go find the evidence supporting my claim yourself" isn't exactly the way to bolster your claims, even when you provide hints as to where the evidence can be found.   They're your claims, so it's on you to support them.  If there are messages which support your claim, you can provide links to them directly.
Editing out the part of his message which provided links is REALLY sleazy behaviour.

He provided a link to a thread, not links to individual messages.   A thread can contain all sorts of things (look at the one we're having this discussion in for one example).

I should have examined the thread before commenting.  It turns out to be a different one than the one I thought.  That's what I get for waking up too early in the morning.  :(

Sorry, Tautech.   My apologies.  Carry on! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline Myrv

• Contributor

It can be a problem if you look at a signal (zoom in, scroll, enable measurement) with the scope in run mode. You might create a trigger and erase the measurement you made. Basically the sensitivity to tapping forces you to use single trigger mode / switch between run & stop mode in cases where it shouldn't be really necessary.

Potentially this issue could be fixed in firmware (partially at least).  I can see two possibilities:

1) If the screen digitizer is sensitive enough (many are)  it could detect an imminent touch (before physical contact is made) and disable the trigger for the duration of the touch.

2) Alternatively they could implement a double buffer mode that stores the last triggered event momentarily and won't actually display it unless no touch is detected.  This would add some lag to the measurement but it would prevent accidental triggering when using the touch screen.

Either method would preferably be toggleable.  You would only need to enable it for high sensitivity measurements.  Now, whether R&S considers the problem big enough to implement such solutions is another question.

Offline BrianSchmalz

• Contributor
Just got FedEx shipping notice for my scope from Testequity. It's already been picked up from their site, and should arrive at my house by Wednesday 4/5. Seems like kinda a long time to get from Moorpark CA to Minneapolis MN, but it's probably just FedEx ground.

*Brian

Offline maginnovision

• Super Contributor
Just got FedEx shipping notice for my scope from Testequity. It's already been picked up from their site, and should arrive at my house by Wednesday 4/5. Seems like kinda a long time to get from Moorpark CA to Minneapolis MN, but it's probably just FedEx ground.

*Briani

Mind sharing your order date? I'm roughly 15 minute drive from them so likely take a couple days once they ship mine.  :-//

Offline BrianSchmalz

• Contributor

*Briani

Mind sharing your order date? I'm roughly 15 minute drive from them so likely take a couple days once they ship mine.  :-//

Sales order date is 3/16. However, I actually placed my order at about 10:30 PM on the 15th after seeing Mike's 7:42 PM tweet. Was able to do it entirely from bed on the smart phone by moving some money around to my PayPal accounts without the wife ever knowing . . .

Offline Octane

• Regular Contributor
Interesting, my order date is 03/15/2017 and I did not get a shipping notification yet.
But to be fair the expected shipping date is tomorrow (03/31/2017) so let's see if they keep their promise.
W4MFT

Offline maginnovision

• Super Contributor

*Briani

Sales order date is 3/16. However, I actually placed my order at about 10:30 PM on the 15th after seeing Mike's 7:42 PM tweet. Was able to do it entirely from bed on the smart phone by moving some money around to my PayPal accounts without the wife ever knowing . . .

Interesting, similar here. Ordered 15th around 5-6pm got a 16th order date. Maybe an hour or two earlier considering time zone differences. Knowing California I'll likely be a may/june ship date, haha.

Offline Skagit

I'm in a similar boat. Ordered around 1:30pm on 15th, ship date of the 31st and no notifications yet. Haven't been charged yet either.

Offline oh2hyt

• Contributor
  • I lurk mainly
As has been said, the EU deal for 5500e + tax is again on Farnell (was missing few days) and also on Elfa now.

Offline pascal_sweden

• Super Contributor
The EU deal doesn't seem to match the US deal at all.

How to get the US deal in Europe? :)

As has been said, the EU deal for 5500e + tax is again on Farnell (was missing few days) and also on Elfa now.

Can someone summarize the US deal, in terms of pricing and features? When does it end?

Fully loaded RTB2004 for $2080. Seems to be still available at Newark.

Online mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
The EU deal doesn't seem to match the US deal at all.
How to get the US deal in Europe? :)
You can't ( as far as anyone has ascertained to date).
Only way is to use a reshipper that a US dealer doesn't know is a reshipper, and not-obviously-overseas contact details.

Does anyone have anything to report yet on reshippers ? I know someone in the UK who has only had one of his two attempts at US orders refused so far, but not shipped yet.

Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline gslick

• Frequent Contributor
It turns out that this bundle is cheaper than paying for the embedded app bundle for my 3000T series. So get a nice scope + decode options I need, or spend more for just the decode options. What to do, what to do...

Or if you want a 100Mbit network interface for an InfiniiVision 2000 and 3000 X-Series, consider paying $400 for a DSOXLAN module, or for $1600 more get a whole loaded RTB2004 with built-in 1Gbit network interface...

Offline kkessler

• Regular Contributor
I'm in a similar boat. Ordered around 1:30pm on 15th, ship date of the 31st and no notifications yet. Haven't been charged yet either.

I have a 3/16 order date and a 4/28 ship date, so don't complain.  I thinking about canceling and ordering from Newark, if there would be some confirmation that it is the same deal.

Offline maginnovision

• Super Contributor
Just got shipping info from testequity. Shipped today and should be delivered tomorrow. Here's hoping.

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
Well, second attempt to bang the crap out of my DS4014... :)
https://youtu.be/HWTdQnVK8nY
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline Octane

• Regular Contributor
FYI: I also got the shipping notice. Ordered on 3/15/17, shipped 3/30/17 and should be delivered to Orlando, FL on 4/5/17.
W4MFT

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf