Author Topic: What's this please? (Component Advice)  (Read 1221045 times)

Offline Godzil

• Frequent Contributor
    • My own blog
Re: What's this please? (Component Advice)
« Reply #850 on: September 15, 2015, 04:49:58 pm »
ECG stand for Electrocardiogram to me, but I suspect I'm wrong in this case  :-DD
When you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective.
-- Yokoi Gunpei

Offline Quarlo Klobrigney

• Frequent Contributor
  • This Space For Rent
« Reply #851 on: September 15, 2015, 05:01:04 pm »
What we old timers used to use before NTE bought them up and used software. ECG was also in bed with Philips.
Sounds like we're agreed - 18V zener. What's an ECG book?
Voltage does not flow, nor does voltage go.

Offline Len

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #852 on: September 15, 2015, 07:40:32 pm »
I think you're missing the fact that the diode is dead. Big crack down the center. It measures open circuit both directions.

So the blown-glass diode has blown open and measures open-circuit.

Alles klar!  :)

DIY Eurorack Synth: https://lenp.net/synth/

Offline uoficowboy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #853 on: September 24, 2015, 02:19:06 am »
OK - one more question.

I have this TO-220 transistor, marked D635, pulled from an old (10 years?) piece of Japanese equipment. I believe it is either an NPN BJT or an NPN darlington. Any idea what it is, and what I can replace it with? It is completely dead (about an ohm between any two terminals).

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #854 on: September 24, 2015, 02:51:58 am »
OK - one more question.

I have this TO-220 transistor, marked D635, pulled from an old (10 years?) piece of Japanese equipment. I believe it is either an NPN BJT or an NPN darlington. Any idea what it is, and what I can replace it with? It is completely dead (about an ohm between any two terminals).
As with most Jap transistors add 2S and you get 2SD635

Google "2SD635 data pdf" and you'll have plenty of datsheets to choose from.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Mr.B

• Supporter
« Reply #855 on: September 24, 2015, 03:01:01 am »
Even if you Google D635 datasheet you get plenty of hits...
I approach the thinking of all of my posts using AI in the first instance. (Awkward Irregularity)

Offline uoficowboy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #856 on: September 24, 2015, 04:08:49 am »
OK - one more question.

So I had seen the 2SD635 - which is a darlington - but there is also a BD635, which is not a darlington. Is there any way to confirm which it is?

Also, do you recognize the logo on that transistor? It reminds me of the Fairchild logo - but it's not the same.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #857 on: September 24, 2015, 04:15:41 am »
OK - one more question.

So I had seen the 2SD635 - which is a darlington - but there is also a BD635, which is not a darlington. Is there any way to confirm which it is?

Also, do you recognize the logo on that transistor? It reminds me of the Fairchild logo - but it's not the same.
In my experience it is much more common that this would be a 2S device, a BD device would normally have the full device code, not shortened like is common with Asian devices.

A check of specs against the application normally proves which is which and restores sanity.  :phew:
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline uoficowboy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #858 on: September 24, 2015, 04:28:22 am »
Even if you Google D635 datasheet you get plenty of hits...
The problem is that Google turns up multiple similar parts that both have D635 in their part number and are in the same package.

Offline uoficowboy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #859 on: September 24, 2015, 04:48:21 am »
OK - one more question.

In my experience it is much more common that this would be a 2S device, a BD device would normally have the full device code, not shortened like is common with Asian devices.

A check of specs against the application normally proves which is which and restores sanity.  :phew:
I think you're right.

The D635 device is being used as a voltage regulator - there is a zener holding up its base voltage, and its collector is tied to an unregulated supply. The BD635 has pretty low gain so it'd require more current on the base it than the pullup on the zener/base could really handle (4.7K). 2SD635 it must be!

I just ordered some up. Hopefully that'll be the final strange part this device needs...

Offline helius

• Super Contributor
« Reply #860 on: September 24, 2015, 06:20:56 am »
Toshiba

Offline Alexei.Polkhanov

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #861 on: September 24, 2015, 08:11:19 pm »
I am guessing that this is an Operational Amplifier but I am unable to find any reference or datasheet for it. I think it is because it is from pre-internet era of 1984. I have tried to search it on one of big supplier's website - "RS", also no luck. If anyone recognizes it - thanks in advance!

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #862 on: September 24, 2015, 08:28:34 pm »
RS 307-468, which is a house coded part supplied by RS. Not available in the online catalogue, but probably is in the paper catalogue as a discontinued part number.  If a single opamp it will be a 741or a 308 most likely, or if a dual any one of many generic audio amplifier chips. Single you will have to see where the offset pins are connected to determine if 741, offset to -15V, or 308 offset to +15V.

Offline Deathwish

• Supporter
« Reply #863 on: September 24, 2015, 09:00:10 pm »
googling the rs part number gets you this

ZN459 data sheet : ETC1 - ULTRA LOW NOISE WIDEBAND PREAMPLIFIER
Electrons are typically male, always looking for any hole to get into.
trying to strangle someone who talks out of their rectal cavity will fail, they can still breath.
God hates North Wales, he has put my home address on the blacklist of all couriers with instructions to divert all parcels.

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #864 on: September 24, 2015, 09:06:38 pm »
Seems to agree, but no longer stocked by RS for some reason. Will be a little hard to get a drop in replacement if it is faulty, as it is a dual unit with controlled gain.

Offline Alexei.Polkhanov

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #865 on: September 25, 2015, 12:43:27 am »
Thank you very much! ZN459 makes perfect sense!

I did not realize that it is the second number that is RS part number - nice to know for future.
It looks obsolete but only thing I needed to know is bandwidth and noise. 800pV/Hz^0.5 - will be hard to match ... but it is still available from few places ~$20/piece.

Offline gildasd

• Frequent Contributor
  • Engineering watch officer - Apprentice Officer
    • Sci-fi Meanderings
« Reply #866 on: October 09, 2015, 07:28:21 am »
I cannot find any data sheet about this varistor (7N241K 39+) that I pulled out of a cordless phone (Samsung).
It ended up solving a problem I was having on a bredboard test circuit by mistake (I thought it was a ceramic capacitor).
A basic idea of what it is to be able to buy an equivalent would be lovely!
I'm electronically illiterate

Online PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #867 on: October 09, 2015, 08:03:15 am »
I cannot find any data sheet about this varistor (7N241K 39+)

Try to search for jvr7n241k
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Offline GNU_Ninja

• Regular Contributor
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #868 on: October 09, 2015, 09:47:26 am »
I cannot find any data sheet about this varistor (7N241K 39+) that I pulled out of a cordless phone (Samsung).
It ended up solving a problem I was having on a bredboard test circuit by mistake (I thought it was a ceramic capacitor).

Here: https://vikiwat.com/productfile/433/userfiles-productimages-17262-varistor-jvr7n241k-200-vdc-150-vac-0.pdf  :)

Offline gildasd

• Frequent Contributor
  • Engineering watch officer - Apprentice Officer
    • Sci-fi Meanderings
« Reply #869 on: October 09, 2015, 01:12:41 pm »
I cannot find any data sheet about this varistor (7N241K 39+)

Try to search for jvr7n241k

Here: https://vikiwat.com/productfile/433/userfiles-productimages-17262-varistor-jvr7n241k-200-vdc-150-vac-0.pdf  :)
Thanks, I was searching in the wrong range, I pulled this put of a 6V device, I was sure it was not 240V... Live and learn.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 01:18:37 pm by gildasd »
I'm electronically illiterate

Offline pmichel

• Contributor
« Reply #870 on: October 10, 2015, 03:08:18 am »
I'm looking for some information on 4 ICs. They all come from an automotive engine controller. I have found several sites where I can buy new ones, but that's not what I need. I would prefer to have the full datasheet, but the most helpful information for me would be the pinouts. Does anyone have any idea where I can find them?

First one looks like maybe a small microcontroller?
Made by ST.
1MU2114.
This is the only one for which I have found nothing at all.

Second one is a PMIC.
Made by Freescale.
SC900656VW
A2C020162
I have found at least 4 outputs from the IC - 3 at 5V and one at 2.6V.

Third one seems to be an injector driver based on the descriptions I've found online.
Made by ST.
ATIC39-B4
A2C08350

Fourth one I don't know the function.
Made by ST.
A2C31376-C3
ATIC35

Offline Richard Crowley

• Super Contributor
  • KJ7YLK
« Reply #871 on: October 10, 2015, 03:19:48 am »
If you can't find any documentation via Google, etc. then it seems extraordinarily likely that they are industry-specific or even full-custom chips made specifically for vehicular ECU products.  Good luck finding ANY documentation. There are many chips like this which are sold within a tight-knit community of vendor and a handful of customers. The documents are never published or released to anyone except their industrial OEM customers.

This  didn't come out of a Volkswagen Diesel, did it?   ???

Offline pmichel

• Contributor
« Reply #872 on: October 10, 2015, 04:25:05 am »
Navistar. They don't have the information on their electronics, someone else builds it for them.

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #873 on: October 10, 2015, 05:13:15 am »
Thanks, I was searching in the wrong range, I pulled this put of a 6V device, I was sure it was not 240V... Live and learn.

Used on the phone line side, to clamp impulse noise to something the line side can survive. Mostly used to provide protection to close lightning strikes, a direct one on the line just blows the whole phone apart.

Offline nicknails

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #874 on: November 14, 2015, 05:22:24 pm »
So this one isn't too complicated. Looks to me like a 1K metal film resistor. The trouble is that according to the service manual (it's from a Fluke 45), it's a 3.3K Wire wound. I just want to verify that it's a 1K and what type it is.

The outside has a blue and a brown line on it with a decent sized space in between. After breaking off the epoxy, it just looks like a metal tube. There are 2 slots cut in it. I broke it in half and it's all white inside. No idea the material, ceramic maybe.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf