Author Topic: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!  (Read 2777120 times)

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
Re: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!
« Reply #250 on: July 28, 2015, 12:33:19 am »
I got me a Husky 26" 9 drawer tool chest and drawer liners for my office.  I have a little dinky Harbor Freight wooden tool chest-I love wood tool chests but I outgrew mine and a proper sized box is insanely expensive.  Even a grade B box that is smaller was $50 more than what I bought.  Now my tools are organized in my quaint little OCD way  :-DD.  Now I have to add labels to the drawers so I know what is in each.  The best part is the lock-I can keep everyone out.  That was broken on my wooden one which will find usage in the garage.  Next step is to make a rolling platform to move it out of the way when not in use.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline calexanian

• Super Contributor
    • Alex-Tronix
« Reply #251 on: July 28, 2015, 05:09:38 am »
I got 2 datsun Roadsters for practically nothing. I am starting to think the other guy got the better deal!! Lots of night time wrenching in my future I see.
Charles Alexanian
Alex-Tronix Control Systems

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #252 on: July 28, 2015, 07:14:06 pm »
I got 2 datsun Roadsters for practically nothing. I am starting to think the other guy got the better deal!! Lots of night time wrenching in my future I see.

So it is raining Datsun Cogs by you then.........

Those were nice vehicles, and they are coming back into the Nissan naming system too. Finally Datcentre will be selling the vehicles that built it up again.

Offline Postal666

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #253 on: July 29, 2015, 01:07:12 am »
Me again, and again....not that exciting, but for $9.99 I couldn't pass it up. Power Designs 5005T

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #254 on: July 29, 2015, 01:25:18 am »
Me again, and again....not that exciting, but for $9.99 I couldn't pass it up. Power Designs 5005T

Damn ... I'm so jealous. Nice score.  :-+

Offline Postal666

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #255 on: July 29, 2015, 01:44:19 am »

Thanks BravoV! Seller hit me with $18 UPS shipping, but still a good deal imo. Was listed as parts unit, but it works perfect. I picked up a lot of three PD 4005 last year, this 5005T will look good on the shelf next to them.  :-+

Offline codeboy2k

• Super Contributor
« Reply #256 on: July 29, 2015, 07:59:48 am »

Thanks BravoV! Seller hit me with $18 UPS shipping, but still a good deal imo. Was listed as parts unit, but it works perfect. I picked up a lot of three PD 4005 last year, this 5005T will look good on the shelf next to them.  :-+

Awesome score !

I wish I was so lucky to have just $18 shipping on anything.  Absolutely everything shipped into Canada or across Canada costs about $45 - $50

Offline Deathwish

• Supporter
« Reply #257 on: July 29, 2015, 11:40:41 am »
A Fluke 25 from Kev with hard case, manual and leads, bargain at the price.
Electrons are typically male, always looking for any hole to get into.
trying to strangle someone who talks out of their rectal cavity will fail, they can still breath.
God hates North Wales, he has put my home address on the blacklist of all couriers with instructions to divert all parcels.

Offline Deathwish

• Supporter
« Reply #258 on: July 30, 2015, 01:38:05 pm »
The proud owner of 100 555 Ic's  :palm:. Don't ask me why I got them, I blame you lot, they were cheap on aliexpress and I figured they would always be handy to have.
trying to strangle someone who talks out of their rectal cavity will fail, they can still breath.
God hates North Wales, he has put my home address on the blacklist of all couriers with instructions to divert all parcels.

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #259 on: July 30, 2015, 02:05:55 pm »
Ordered a Peak DCA75Pro Component Tester last night (17:00) and it already arrived today (15:00)! :) After being very happy with their ESR meter and watching lots of review videos (Big thanks to SteveyG for a great video) I decided to get this. Tonight I'll be going through my random parts bin to see what I have and give the device a good testing.

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #260 on: July 30, 2015, 02:33:47 pm »

Nice score, those are good power supplies and with a little rehab can last you a lifetime.
Sue AF6LJ

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #261 on: July 30, 2015, 06:38:29 pm »

Wow! Sweet score!
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #262 on: July 30, 2015, 06:41:34 pm »
The proud owner of 100 555 Ic's  :palm:. Don't ask me why I got them, I blame you lot, they were cheap on aliexpress and I figured they would always be handy to have.

I know the feeling. Darn you inexpensive AliExpress bulk ordering! :)
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #263 on: July 30, 2015, 08:22:29 pm »
Don't blame us.  :o
You know you're running out of time and you just had to have them thinking they'll help.  :palm:

I'd advise you not to intend mixing them into any health-nut drinks, that might speed up the inevitable.  :-DD
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline eas

• Frequent Contributor
    • Tech Obsessed
« Reply #264 on: July 31, 2015, 12:56:12 am »
Well, I bought it last weekend, and it arrived yesterday.

That right there is more than 5 pounds of genuine new, used, shiny filthy knobs, folks!

After a bit of sorting, I had a sandwich bag of nasty cheap friction-fit knobs, a little pile of loose set screws and this expanse of vintage industrial design.

A number of them are pretty distinctive and I'm curious about their origin. I think I need to start a thread for help IDing them.

In the long run, I'll probably sell or give away most of them. I'd hoped there were a few silver anodized aluminum knobs in the lot that would be suitable replacements for some missing or sub-par knobs on my power designs PSUs, but no such luck.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 12:59:11 am by eas »

Offline Mr.B

• Supporter
« Reply #265 on: July 31, 2015, 01:01:50 am »
 8)

I approach the thinking of all of my posts using AI in the first instance. (Awkward Irregularity)

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Mr.B

• Supporter
« Reply #267 on: July 31, 2015, 01:11:26 am »
I approach the thinking of all of my posts using AI in the first instance. (Awkward Irregularity)

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
  • Why shouldn't we question everything?
    • It's not really a Blog
« Reply #268 on: July 31, 2015, 07:07:27 am »

Do I sense an impending prank on your landlord?
Collecting old scopes, logic analyzers, and unfinished projects. http://everist.org

Offline Deathwish

• Supporter
« Reply #269 on: July 31, 2015, 07:48:05 am »

Do I sense an impending prank on your landlord?

Not with these no. I do know that the guy next door has told him that he is going to invite the local traveller community round one day for coffee and to see his lovely car park.

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #270 on: July 31, 2015, 04:52:12 pm »
Well, I bought it last weekend, and it arrived yesterday.
That right there is more than 5 pounds of genuine new, used, shiny filthy knobs, folks!
After a bit of sorting, I had a sandwich bag of nasty cheap friction-fit knobs, a little pile of loose set screws and this expanse of vintage industrial design.

A number of them are pretty distinctive and I'm curious about their origin. I think I need to start a thread for help IDing them.

In the long run, I'll probably sell or give away most of them. I'd hoped there were a few silver anodized aluminum knobs in the lot that would be suitable replacements for some missing or sub-par knobs on my power designs PSUs, but no such luck.

Lot of vintage audio knobs there, I recognise a lot of Technics knobs in the pile.

Offline mojoe

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #271 on: July 31, 2015, 07:15:10 pm »
I am not crazy about those scope meters, but for $45 I don't think anyone could pass that up, rather nice!  I didn't even think you could get one of those for 10x that.

How about free? I got a Fluke 123 handed to me a few months ago. I paid $65 for a new keyboard flex and $12 to get the battery pack rebuilt. It works great.

Offline Skyfox

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #272 on: August 01, 2015, 06:17:15 am »
Just made a post about it!
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/not-a-bad-haul-for-$15-%28tayda-electronics%29/

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #273 on: August 03, 2015, 09:04:51 pm »
It's not a buy but a barter.  I was at the local surplus store and bartered a rather large amount of components and parts, including about a 1000 medium sized NOS rocker switches, that were given me into a Metcal MX500P-11, Talon tweezers and a stand for the tweezers.  Owner made it an even swap.  I am usually the one saying. "Why can't I ever get deals like that."  Now, I finally did.  Just tested it and it works fine business. :-+ :-+
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #274 on: August 03, 2015, 11:23:09 pm »
It's not a buy but a barter.  I was at the local surplus store and bartered a rather large amount of components and parts, including about a 1000 medium sized NOS rocker switches, that were given me into a Metcal MX500P-11, Talon tweezers and a stand for the tweezers.  Owner made it an even swap.  I am usually the one saying. "Why can't I ever get deals like that."  Now, I finally did.  Just tested it and it works fine business. :-+ :-+
Nice score!  :-+

Once you get a regular iron for it, you can do a comparison to your new FX-951.  :o  >:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf