Author Topic: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!  (Read 2789198 times)

Offline BobbyK

• Regular Contributor
    • GameDesignIdeas
Re: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!
« Reply #950 on: February 21, 2016, 06:20:52 pm »
Just scored a working HP 3478A is good condition for €100. In Europe that's a bargain :)

McBryce.

I've been lusting for one for a long time. The best I have seen so far on eBay was about 210Eur shipped (to Austria)! Does anyone know of a good (i.e. cheaper) place to buy used testing equipment in the German speaking world (other than eBay of course)?

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #951 on: February 21, 2016, 08:45:03 pm »
For quality tested equipment in Germany I'd recommend Helmut Singer. His prices aren't at the lower end of the scale, but you know what you are getting and he has a huge variety. If you happen to be in Aachen you can call by and check out the stock for yourself: http://www.helmut-singer.de/

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Offline BobbyK

• Regular Contributor
    • GameDesignIdeas
« Reply #952 on: February 22, 2016, 07:09:25 am »
Thanks for the Link McBryce. I wouldn't say their stuff is cheap though - more likely close to professional refurbishers on eBay. I'll see if I can find anything I like in their catalog.

Offline VK5RC

• Supporter
« Reply #953 on: February 22, 2016, 10:29:45 am »
For a restoration of a HP 5245L some Germanium transistors 2n383, those were the  days,  transistors came in their own box (like the thermionics did)
Whoah! Watch where that landed we might need it later.

Offline MarkDennehy

• Contributor
    • Stochastic Geometry
« Reply #954 on: February 22, 2016, 12:14:44 pm »
A tiny hand-held case and two switches from Maplin, along with a batch of LEDs off aliexpress that arrived on Friday morning.
Which means sod all from the EE point of view, but given enough bodging with coin cells and hot glue, we get "Buttons" the magical new toy for the three-year-old (seriously, he's falling asleep with this thing. Feck. Didn't think *that* through, now I have to buy some 74 series stuff to make the next one... :D ):

Offline SKPang

• Supporter
    • SK Pang Electronics Ltd
« Reply #955 on: February 22, 2016, 12:25:06 pm »
A nice DMM.
skpang.co.uk

Offline isaiahA

• Contributor
    • Isaiahs website
« Reply #956 on: February 22, 2016, 12:31:43 pm »
a couple days ago i bought more ram for my computer.
isaiahA

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #957 on: February 22, 2016, 12:40:05 pm »
A tiny hand-held case and two switches from Maplin, along with a batch of LEDs off aliexpress that arrived on Friday morning.
Which means sod all from the EE point of view, but given enough bodging with coin cells and hot glue, we get "Buttons" the magical new toy for the three-year-old (seriously, he's falling asleep with this thing. Feck. Didn't think *that* through, now I have to buy some 74 series stuff to make the next one... :D ):

I made a similar toy for my son when he was 2 (now almost 5). It has 3x 7-Seg displays and two buttons to go up or down a number on the display (simple PIC with a few passives), built into a clear plastic case that some Apple product came in. He still plays with it now, almost 3 years later and he even learnt to count from it.

McBryce.

Offline rrinker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #958 on: February 22, 2016, 01:33:18 pm »

I made a similar toy for my son when he was 2 (now almost 5). It has 3x 7-Seg displays and two buttons to go up or down a number on the display (simple PIC with a few passives), built into a clear plastic case that some Apple product came in. He still plays with it now, almost 3 years later and he even learnt to count from it.

McBryce.

Now change it over to count in hex and teach him that...

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #959 on: February 22, 2016, 01:44:28 pm »
I was tempted to do that one the first version, but I knew I'd get "that look" from swmbo if I did.

McBryce.

Offline MarkDennehy

• Contributor
    • Stochastic Geometry
« Reply #960 on: February 22, 2016, 01:51:28 pm »

McBryce.
That is precisely what I was about to rig up with some 190s and 47s (along with a light chaser because hey, kids). Great minds... :D

Offline MrSlack

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #961 on: February 22, 2016, 02:17:05 pm »
One large bag of 10 ohm 2W resistors.

These are handy slow-blow fuses, with short circuit current limiting capability, delayed illumination and latent olfactory indication in one handy two lead package!  >:D

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #962 on: February 22, 2016, 02:24:53 pm »
One large bag of 10 ohm 2W resistors.

These are handy slow-blow fuses, with short circuit current limiting capability, delayed illumination and latent olfactory indication in one handy two lead package!  >:D

You have a bright future in marketing ;)
Sue AF6LJ

Offline poorchava

• Super Contributor
  • Troll Cave Electronics!
« Reply #963 on: February 22, 2016, 05:02:23 pm »
Scored 2x Tek TPP0101 probes for a little less than 50Euro shipped on local Polish OLX. Supposed to be new, unused and in original packaging.

Waiting for the package to arrive...

They will be a nice replacement for utterly shitty probes that came with DS1054Z and are completly destroyed after 6 months of use.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk.

I love the smell of FR4 in the morning!

Offline Addicted2AnalogTek

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #964 on: February 23, 2016, 01:08:48 am »
Scored 2x Tek TPP0101 probes for a little less than 50Euro shipped on local Polish OLX. Supposed to be new, unused and in original packaging.

Waiting for the package to arrive...

They will be a nice replacement for utterly shitty probes that came with DS1054Z and are completly destroyed after 6 months of use.

Yes, general consensus seems to be that the RP2200 probes are crap for any decent HF work..  I'm not 100% on what probes I will use with mine yet, but several people have said that after the DS1054Z is "upgraded", it's usable bandwidth is over 100Mhz.   I intend to pick up some 200Mhz or higher rated probes - I'd like to try and get ones that are also going to be compatible with my 7854, though, so more like 500Mhz+.

Anyone have a graph showing newer Tek probes for comparison? 
I have the following for older probes:
http://www.barrytech.com/tektronix/probes/tekprobes.html
  ---  It hasn't been updated for quite a long time, though....  ---

Offline Addicted2AnalogTek

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #965 on: February 23, 2016, 01:11:17 am »
Oh, almost forgot:

My most recent purchase is an 067-0681-01 Tunnel diode pulser, a 0.1% precision thru termination (011-0129-00) , and another 011-0049-01.      I FINALLY found a good deal on a TD pulser!!!   ;D

Offline JuKu

• Frequent Contributor
    • LitePlacer - The Low Cost DIY Pick and Place Machine
« Reply #966 on: February 24, 2016, 02:24:58 pm »

JBC station plus three tips, 369€, free shipping. (I bought it for the company, no tax)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 02:27:12 pm by JuKu »
http://www.liteplacer.com - The Low Cost DIY Pick and Place Machine

Offline Messtechniker

• Frequent Contributor
  • Old analog audio hand - No voodoo.
« Reply #967 on: February 29, 2016, 11:31:03 am »
Removable, reusable adhesive putty tabs suited for kneading.
Stop light-weight equipment like modern scopes from
slipping backwards when pushing front panel buttons.
Am using it everywhere to stop items from slipping back when pushed.
Great aid. :-+ And cheap!

Yours - Messtechniker
Agilent 34465A, Siglent SDG 2042X, Hameg HMO1022, R&S HMC 8043, Peaktech 2025A, Voltcraft VC 940, M-Audio Audiophile 192, R&S Psophometer UPGR, 3 Transistor Testers, DL4JAL Transistor Curve Tracer, UT622E LCR meter

Offline rrinker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #968 on: February 29, 2016, 01:41:23 pm »
Removable, reusable adhesive putty tabs suited for kneading.
Stop light-weight equipment like modern scopes from
slipping backwards when pushing front panel buttons.
Am using it everywhere to stop items from slipping back when pushed.
Great aid. :-+ And cheap!

Yours - Messtechniker

:-+  Now THAT is a great idea. Which I will probably forget about by the time I get my bench put together and start getting annoyed when my scope slides backwards when I try to hit a button. ;D

Offline rrinker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #969 on: February 29, 2016, 03:58:40 pm »
 And I finally have the last missing piece to finish my equipment needs - just won an Agilent E3610A power supply. Was listed at $85 plus shipping, I offered $75 and they took it. Comes from a test and calibration supplier (though they aren't calibrating it at this price - they do offer to calibrate it but did not supply a price for the service), and is guaranteed to be tested and working. Also they mention their packing methods - so I don't think there is much risk in having damage from shipping. Another plus, it comes from NJ (and I am in the eastern half of PA). This unit will suffice for now for my generally low current low voltage projects, though I'm sure in the future I'll want something a bit more high power, and maybe programmable (just because).

Offline bills

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #970 on: February 29, 2016, 07:27:36 pm »
I just bought one of these for $70.00 shipped from amazon.
It is not some thing that I would use very often but looks like a handy tool to have on the bench.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #971 on: February 29, 2016, 07:34:51 pm »
And I finally have the last missing piece to finish my equipment needs - just won an Agilent E3610A power supply. Was listed at $85 plus shipping, I offered $75 and they took it. Comes from a test and calibration supplier (though they aren't calibrating it at this price - they do offer to calibrate it but did not supply a price for the service), and is guaranteed to be tested and working. Also they mention their packing methods - so I don't think there is much risk in having damage from shipping. Another plus, it comes from NJ (and I am in the eastern half of PA). This unit will suffice for now for my generally low current low voltage projects, though I'm sure in the future I'll want something a bit more high power, and maybe programmable (just because).

Great supply at a great price, you won't be sorry you bought it.
VE7FM

Offline canibalimao

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #972 on: February 29, 2016, 07:36:45 pm »
I just bought one of these for $70.00 shipped from amazon.
It is not some thing that I would use very often but looks like a handy tool to have on the bench.

Very nice kit. Just take note of how long does it take to be broken, because such a complete kit for that price shouldn't last long  :'(

Offline bills

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #973 on: February 29, 2016, 09:00:51 pm »
It should be ok for me as I will not be using it much.
I don't except a great unit for that price, Although the reviews were good.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AMC0L2M?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline canibalimao

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #974 on: February 29, 2016, 09:06:36 pm »
It seems an excellent unit. It must be perfect for someone like me who doesn't use the soldering iron a lot, but likes to make good soldering jobs. However you should always have a spare crappy one just in case that one fails right when you need it (damn Murphy!!!)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf