Author Topic: EEVblog #411 - MiniPro TL866 Universal Programmer Review  (Read 1441631 times)

Offline ubistvo

Re: EEVblog #411 - MiniPro TL866 Universal Programmer Review
« Reply #300 on: December 06, 2013, 01:16:43 pm »
I know that they have but I am from SERBIA and we can not buy still by ebay and from china they are close way
So i am stuck with this adapter and if someone have a time to trace me from original adapter i will be thanks for that
Thank you
I didn't know that Serbia couldn't use paypal, unlike most of the world.

I did a little research into your problem but couldn't find anything definite. From what little I could find out the major problem seems to be paypal not verifying accounts in your country but no reason was given.

You know, I just checked the Paypal main site, and it does list Serbia as a country they serve. So you might want to try and open a Paypal account again. If you have problems contact CS to get help opening your account. Once you have a paypal account you should have no problems on ebay with most international sellers like the ones in Hong Kong that sell the adapter you need.

If you still can't open a paypal account then you might want to contact the seller for alternate payment. Most likely if you can offer them some kind of reliable international way to pay them they will ship to you. Also, if you have any friends in nearby countries that don't have the payment problem you can always buy through them.

A third option is to check into an Asian brokering company. I've used a few for buying things on the Japanese auction sites like Yahoo and others. It cost me a little more, but I was able to buy items I could not otherwise purchase like rare CDs that are only available in Japan.

And, IIRC, someone was talking about how to use them in this thread or another here on EEVblog. So you might want to read this thread from the beginning or search for it here on the forums.

I hope this info helps you and others in your situation.

BobKat

OK
Thanks
I will try

Offline radioman

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #301 on: December 06, 2013, 05:30:23 pm »
Anybody could advice what to check if self check result is like attached picture ... so "Overcurrent protection action, Short circuit" on pin no 4 ?

I just received programmer and tried to id and read 29F800BB TSOP which I tested with GQ-4X just fine. TL866A can't identify the chip at all.

br

Seems like a VPP pin driver is burned or stuck; please check with an voltmeter between ground (the metallic shield of the USB connector) and the ZIF socket pin 4. If you have some voltage reading then the VPP pin 4 driver is bad.

Offline AlessandroAU

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #302 on: December 14, 2013, 05:36:54 pm »
Has anyone noticed this, not sure all the devices this applies to but on some PICS some fuse settings are inverted! Here for example on a 18F2550 for everything apart from CP, CPD, WRT and EBTR are inverted!, a checkbox = 0 and not 1. This left me scratching my head for abit more than I'd like to admit when my program wouldn't run  :-DD

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #303 on: December 14, 2013, 09:13:18 pm »
Has anyone noticed this, not sure all the devices this applies to but on some PICS some fuse settings are inverted!
Yes that is thanks to Microchip, see datasheet page 282, paragraph 25.1
The configuration bits can be programmed (read as ‘0’) or left unprogrammed (read as ‘1’) to select various
device configurations. These bits are mapped starting at program memory location 300000h.
So a '1' means that this feature is off. The values in the program look correct but they have choosen to implement the checkbox that if you check it that feature is on, so a '0'. They even say it in that picture (Note: checked is zero) , how much more clearer would you like it?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 09:15:39 pm by Kjelt »

Offline AlessandroAU

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #304 on: December 15, 2013, 02:13:42 am »
Hmm did I not realise!, PIC programming software I have used in the past has handled it oppositely. 

However the C\code projection related bits would still inverted then? I have programmed the above chip with code protection set to on (no checkmark) and I was definitely able to read back from the device.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 08:59:39 am by AlessandroAU »

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #305 on: December 15, 2013, 12:02:30 pm »
However the C\code projection related bits would still inverted then? I have programmed the above chip with code protection set to on (no checkmark) and I was definitely able to read back from the device.
Again, a checkmark means ON! (So the actual bit is set to zero). So no checkmark is OFF! (actual bit set to one), so it is correct.
If you want code protection set the checkmark.  ;)

Offline piolo

« Reply #306 on: December 16, 2013, 04:58:06 pm »
 :clap:tank you RADIOMAN for your greatest work, i had buy a willem tru usb on SIVAVA.com and i transform it in TL866A , i have a question: can i use it as the same at JTAG or BDM (with another software or modifing and reflashing pic18F87J50) if yes how i can do, and wich software use for this?
you are very best ! :-+

Offline chino705

« Reply #307 on: December 17, 2013, 06:05:54 am »
Really awesome your work Radioman. Deserves recognition and gratitude of all.
Hopefully you can do the same with the very expensive and almost useless EMP30, the elusive of Needhams
I do not really think it's worth,it´s cost $ 1000 and did not have the fourth part of the work that I have met with TL866CS
Thank you very much, greetings from the Caribbean

Offline chino705

« Reply #308 on: December 17, 2013, 06:50:44 am »
Recently my acer S231HL LED monitor, lost settings screen
I need flash chip ID display, is a ST404RP.is possible with the TL866CS?
If that is not possible, how I can do
can someone upload the datasheet of this IC ST404RP
thanks in advance, I really need help

Offline piolo

« Reply #309 on: December 17, 2013, 07:51:41 am »
 :-//you need to perform radioman tool(cs...to A) for use isp out .
After this are you sjure is correct St404? It is a jfet on alldatasheet.com, :scared: see here.

Offline radioman

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #310 on: December 17, 2013, 05:42:39 pm »
  i had buy a willem tru usb on SIVAVA.com and i transform it in TL866A , i have a question: can i use it as the same at JTAG or BDM (with another software or modifing and reflashing pic18F87J50) if yes how i can do, and wich software use for this?

I am very curious what is inside of this willem true usb programmer, if you can please post a picture with PCB. Regarding to JTAG and  BDM  i don't know, maybe is possible with a custom firmware but such custom firmware does not exist right now.

Offline chino705

« Reply #311 on: December 18, 2013, 04:04:47 am »
Piolo Thanks, yes that's right st404rp,is not a jfet, I attached picture to see,need help
I reiterate thank you in advance

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #312 on: December 18, 2013, 08:37:56 am »
Piolo Thanks, yes that's right st404rp,is not a jfet, I attached picture to see,need help
Ok if you look at your 2nd picture it says on the pcb EEP_WP this is probably the WriteProtect signal for an EEProm.
Furthermore you can see SDA and SCL so this would be an I2C eeprom.
Do some fingerprinting (which pin is Vdd which Vss which SDA which SCL and which is EEP-WP), then also connect for instance a buspirate and get the I2C address of this chip and you already are 80% there.

Offline radioman

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #313 on: December 18, 2013, 11:06:14 am »

This is an 24C04-R i2c eeprom from ST in TSSOP8 package (1.8-5.5V supply voltage) http://www.st.com/web/catalog/mmc/FM76/CL1276/SC112/PF63769

Also check this: http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/mmc/FM76/CL1276/SC112

And yes you can program this eeprom  with TL866.

Offline piolo

« Reply #314 on: December 18, 2013, 11:40:34 am »
HI,  RADIOMAN
Esecuse me for my bad English…
you can see your own post on page 19 on this thread:
Really?  Then check this: http://www.sivava.com/slt866_willem-usb.html or this: http://www.sivava.com/willem_programmer-svv.html
Rebranded version or copy/clone? Ah! and the name SLT866 is funny also.

The program is very interesting: http://www.darkwire.com.au/html/willem_usb_programmer.html 

sounds familiar?   
I had exactly this.
Reguard other use, This is an example of multi interface that use a pic
http://dangerousprototypes.com/docs/Bus_Pirate
This is an example of usb JTAG programmer
http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71204

Offline radioman

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #315 on: December 18, 2013, 11:55:33 am »
HI,  RADIOMAN
Esecuse me for my bad English…
No problem, i am not a native English speaker too  ;D

very interesting pictures! thanks! the run and power Leds wires are soldered by you? and what ICSP in is?

Offline piolo

« Reply #316 on: December 18, 2013, 05:07:18 pm »
led wire is original,
icsp in is for reflash pic 18F87J50, only your last tool permit to reflash with usb.....(CS to A version)

Offline radioman

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #317 on: December 18, 2013, 05:16:45 pm »
led wire is original,
icsp in is for reflash pic 18F87J50, only your last tool permit to reflash with usb.....(CS to A version)
Ah, yes i see now! The J1 connector right! I wonder why Sivava.com changed the case only?  :-//

Offline piolo

« Reply #318 on: December 18, 2013, 06:03:42 pm »
I don't now but it is a TL 866....

Offline casinada

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #319 on: December 21, 2013, 12:33:43 am »
Is there any trick to be able to write to a 25Q064A? I tried all possible options and no luck.
I also ordered SSTVF064C (Microchip bought SST sometime back) and same thing.
The exact chips are not listed, the closest ones are the Renesas R1EX25064A and the Xicor X25F064, both in SOIC8 package.
Any help would be appreciated. I tested the TL866  and worked fine programming Eproms  and Flash memories of the parallel type, nothing serial type.

Offline TheBay

• Supporter
« Reply #320 on: December 21, 2013, 11:37:43 pm »
Didn't realise these have been covered in here, what a great little programmer, I have the TL866A which actually cost me less than the CS version, got it next day delivered in the UK, the CS versions were a couple of quid more but came with 9 adapters, however I ordered the 9 adapters for my A from Hong Kong for very little money.

Mine also has the removable Black Aries ZIF socket, which I like, seems sturdy.

I don't use any other programmer now, this has replaced far more expensive stuff, what a great little tool and I urge anyone to consider this who needs a programmer.

Offline Bimmeristi

• Contributor
« Reply #321 on: December 31, 2013, 09:35:17 am »
Hi!

This my first post here. I send email to seller for adding support for TMS87PC110. He wrote "The manufacturer will publish the new designed version software early 2014. Then we can ask him if he can add TMS87PC110"

I don't have any experience this tool yet, i bought it for backup tool (car chips/flash)

Offline trisonic

• Contributor
« Reply #322 on: December 31, 2013, 11:03:23 am »
The manufacturer will publish the new designed version software early 2014.

radioman: stay tuned! ;)
Arduino, MODs e DIY: blackstufflabs.com

Offline radioman

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #323 on: December 31, 2013, 11:30:46 am »
"The manufacturer will publish the new designed version software early 2014."
Can't wait!
I'm very curious what kind of new design? Repainted interface? And just when I was about to release a new version of my tool!
radioman: stay tuned!
Always!
Anyway a happy new year to all!

Offline chino705

« Reply #324 on: January 06, 2014, 05:55:03 am »
  Greetings and congratulations to everyone in the new year.
  Radioman, I want to bring to the forum, the next question
  be possible in the near future, with the marvelous TL866CS program, the following:
   HYNIX: HY27U/HY29F......
   MICRON: MT29F......
   SAMSUNG: K9F/K9K/K9G......

On the other hand, what criteria you judge these two usb programmers :

TNM 2000+ USB MINI Universal Programmer
   TNM 5000+ USB MINI Universal Programmer

BEST regards

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf