Author Topic: EEVblog #411 - MiniPro TL866 Universal Programmer Review  (Read 1441895 times)

Offline eLAB

• Contributor
Re: EEVblog #411 - MiniPro TL866 Universal Programmer Review
« Reply #400 on: February 25, 2014, 09:10:07 pm »
I bought today TSOP48 adapter and works with version v6.00
The photo on the left is FAKE, and the right working

If someone has an idea how to fix broken this post.

Here's the photo, to make it more visible :)

Hi guys,

decided to buy TL866CS but now I have problem . Where to buy 100% genuine TSOP-48 adapter?

For guys which already bought genuine adapters, where did You bought it or can You recommend me ebay seller which have genuine TSOP-48 adapters?

There is two sellers with good offers , but not sure about them.
1. sailingobd
2. sunwenjun

Thanx in advance!

Offline radioman

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #401 on: February 25, 2014, 09:57:26 pm »
sunwenjun is an authorised autoelectric dealer, so this should be OK (I bought my TL866 from him), I don't believe that a guy like him with so great reputation on eBay will sell fake devices.

Offline eLAB

• Contributor
« Reply #402 on: February 25, 2014, 10:03:22 pm »
sunwenjun is an authorised autoelectric dealer, so this should be OK (I bought my TL866 from him), I don't believe that a guy like him with so great reputation on eBay will sell fake devices.

Thank You radioman!

O.K. this is second vote for him  ;) ....I sent to him question, does his TSOP-48 adapters works with newest 6.00 sw. Now wait for his answer....

Offline radioman

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #403 on: February 25, 2014, 10:19:00 pm »
O.K. this is second vote for him  ;) ....I sent to him question, does his TSOP-48 adapters works with newest 6.00 sw. Now wait for his answer....
Will work trust me!

Offline matekhr

« Reply #404 on: February 26, 2014, 08:33:42 am »
I bought my adapters here:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-100-Original-TSOP32-40-48-Adapters-MiniPro-TL866-Programmer-TSOP32-TSOP40-TSOP48-SOP44-SOP56/998303469.html

Well, maybe I was just lucky enough to got working adapters, or these guys are selling original adapters, too. :)

Offline eLAB

• Contributor
« Reply #405 on: February 26, 2014, 04:06:15 pm »
Well....even radioman`s advice was to buy from sunwenjun I order it from sailingobd (reason is bunch of adapters, and his TSOP-48 adapters looks exactly like on matekhr`s  photos). Here is link :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TL866CS-programmer-21-adapters-TL866-AVR-Bios-PLCC-MCU-Flash-EPROM-IC-Programmer-/191069191391?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c7c9c7cdf

I asked seller does his TSOP-48 adapter is genuine and work with newest software, he told me, all is genuine and in case that adapter not work with 6.00 or any newer version he will refund me.
Well, we will see....at least we will have info about one more ebay seller.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 04:08:35 pm by eLAB »

Offline eLAB

• Contributor
« Reply #406 on: February 26, 2014, 07:59:28 pm »
Until waiting for programmer to come.....this must be shared!

https://github.com/vdudouyt/minipro   - Linux version for TL866!!!  :clap:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 08:03:27 pm by eLAB »

Offline bingo600

• Super Contributor
« Reply #407 on: February 27, 2014, 06:03:49 am »

This is great news.
Saves me from having to dualboot , when using the programmer

/Bingo

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #408 on: February 27, 2014, 06:26:42 am »

Not a linux nor a programmer guy here, if its possible by design, does this mean I can request and hopefully you're wiling to implement a new type memory device that is not supported at the original TL866 windoze program ?  8)

Offline jinzo

• Contributor
« Reply #409 on: February 27, 2014, 07:20:00 pm »

Not a linux nor a programmer guy here, if its possible by design, does this mean I can request and hopefully you're wiling to implement a new type memory device that is not supported at the original TL866 windoze program ?  8)

I didn't have time to look at it in detail (and my minipro knowledge isn't that good) but unfortunately no. At least not at the moment, but looks like a good start to something. Now only if radioman ports his utility to linux - we would have a good starting toolbox on linux. Preatty please (I can help, depending on the language/framework/libraries used)?

Offline eLAB

• Contributor
« Reply #410 on: February 27, 2014, 07:21:52 pm »
It`s not my work so I can not say more. You will must to ask author, but if You see more contributors at github...You can expect a lot.
I just spread a word...the bigger team, better result.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 07:27:02 pm by eLAB »

Offline jinzo

• Contributor
« Reply #411 on: February 27, 2014, 07:25:10 pm »
I was so excited before that I forgot to thanks eLAB for the link and the author for his work.

eLAB: If you're in contact with him, could you ask him to register here? Or maybe he hangs out in any english forums? If not - would he be interested in a mailinglist or some other sort of mass communication?

Offline eLAB

• Contributor
« Reply #412 on: February 27, 2014, 07:39:10 pm »
I was so excited before that I forgot to thanks eLAB for the link and the author for his work.

eLAB: If you're in contact with him, could you ask him to register here? Or maybe he hangs out in any english forums? If not - would he be interested in a mailinglist or some other sort of mass communication?

Please, try to register at github and contact him, I`m not in contact with author.

Offline jinzo

• Contributor
« Reply #413 on: February 27, 2014, 10:48:45 pm »

Please, try to register at github and contact him, I`m not in contact with author.

Oh sorry then I misunderstood you. I'm already a member of github and I'll contact him.
Thanks again for the link!

Offline linux-works

• Super Contributor
    • netstuff
« Reply #414 on: March 01, 2014, 04:01:29 pm »
I bought the bigger pkg that sunwenjun has (went for the A model and it seems there is a 'black zif socket' version, now).  has anyone seen the new magical black socket?  are we trading one color of fake for another or is this really a better made socket?

for a few extra dollars, I will give it a try.  this is the one I bought:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TL866A-USB-Universal-Programmer-Black-Socket-EEPROM-SPI-FLASH-GAL-AVR-MCU-PIC-/321085130796

I added an extra $15 for 'faster shipping' and we'll see how long it takes.  I'm in somewhat of a hurry, as my tek scope is now disassembled on the bench waiting for this thing to come so I can copy the dallas chip and 'save my settings' ;)

I doubt I'll need any of those extra adapters but better to be safe and get them now than sorry and wish I had gotton them.

will report back when it arrives.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #415 on: March 02, 2014, 08:30:00 am »
Hey linux-works,

Assuming you're a linux programmer, aren't you ? Please, if you had a chance, take a peek at above linux based programmer, whether its possible to make it to support the Cypress Semi FM1608 "F-RAM" chip ? Datasheet -> Here

Why ? Simple, since you have the Tek 2465B, and the main reason you bought this is you're going to backup & refresh the Dallas DS1225Y chip, right ?  >:D I'm trying to find a better alternative to this pesky battery based SRAM chip with above F-RAM based chip. ::)

The only differences from Dallas is only this ->

"DS1225 needs the Chip Enable (CE) pin to be enabled "once" for multiple read/write operations, while the FM1608 needs the CE pin to be "toggled or switched to low state" at every read/write operation, the memory address changed and latched on CE 's edge, not the state/condition of the CE pin, whiled everything else are identical."

I have these below sitting gathering dust since I bought them on impulse without checking the details and I was "assuming" its compatible with the DS1225.  |O

« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 08:51:51 am by BravoV »

Offline linux-works

• Super Contributor
    • netstuff
« Reply #416 on: March 02, 2014, 08:41:32 am »
I already downloaded the github kit, created a debian pkg and installed it.  so at least I know it builds.  I have not looked at it yet but I plan to, and try it along with the windows standard version.

yes, initially will use it to copy the old dallas battery ram chip to a new one.  will be glad to have a chip burner on hand even though it won't get used every day.

I can look into that chip of yours.  can't promise anything but I'll give it a look.  haven't even checked what the linux version of the software is written in, but I do C for a living so if its something close to C I might be able to hack it.

the programmer should be here in about 2 weeks.  it does not look like 'fast shipping' is going to be all that fast and my scope refurb task is going to be somewhat blocked by this.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #417 on: March 02, 2014, 08:58:26 am »
... I do C for a living so if its something close to C I might be able to hack it.

That sounds more than enough to me, thank you !  :-+

Offline eLAB

• Contributor
« Reply #418 on: March 02, 2014, 10:56:43 pm »
I bought the bigger pkg that sunwenjun has (went for the A model and it seems there is a 'black zif socket' version, now).  has anyone seen the new magical black socket?  are we trading one color of fake for another or is this really a better made socket?

Well from my experience from much better and very expensive programmer (VP-990), black ARIES socket was complete..crap.
After two year,  frequently I saw warnings about bad contacts at pins. At the end, socket was removed and I could see...all pins was bad inside socket (oxidation). Bought green socket, 3M (gold plated or looks like  :)), now works perfect.

haven't even checked what the linux version of the software is written in, but I do C for a living so if its something close to C I might be able to hack it.

Just to answer :

-   C     = 96.6%   
-   C++ = 3.4%

« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 10:58:36 pm by eLAB »

Offline linux-works

• Super Contributor
    • netstuff
« Reply #419 on: March 03, 2014, 12:09:53 am »
then again, who knows: is the green one real or fake?  black one real or fake?  given that they are all probably fakes, which is the one that sucks less? ;)

worst case, I can replace with a real genuine one.  I see some real old surplus ones locally, although it looks like they might be dirty and cleaning them might be more trouble than its worth.

as soon as my programmer gets here, I'll be motivated to look at the C code. I'd love to have linux support and not have to boot windows or VM's or any of that nonsense.  too bad the vendors still mostly ignore linux even though its EASIER (and cheaper) to develop for/on linux than any other platform.  sigh...

Offline fluxcapacitor

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #420 on: March 03, 2014, 05:20:44 pm »
theres a russian language version of the tl-866 ,rebranded as wizardprog 87 with the 3M socket ,and wizardprog 77 with the aries socket

http://www.wizardprog.com/

http://www.willem-ua.com/forum/25-243-1

Offline olsenn

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #421 on: March 03, 2014, 05:27:37 pm »
Does anyone know any way of copy-pasting ASCII text into a memory chip using the TL866? I am finding that I can manually type each character in, but although a "paste" option appears apon right-clicking the feild, it doesn't do anything.

Offline fluxcapacitor

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #422 on: March 03, 2014, 05:34:59 pm »
try pressing ctrl-V on the keyboard,it might work.

Offline Florin9doi

« Reply #423 on: March 03, 2014, 05:36:32 pm »
Is there anyone who have this adapter:
? I'd like to know what is U2.

Does anyone know any way of copy-pasting ASCII text into a memory chip using the TL866? I am finding that I can manually type each character in, but although a "paste" option appears apon right-clicking the feild, it doesn't do anything.
Save it with Ctrl+S and use a external hex-editor to edit it then open it with Ctrl+O and flash it

Offline olsenn

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #424 on: March 03, 2014, 05:56:07 pm »
Save it with Ctrl+S and use a external hex-editor to edit it then open it with Ctrl+O and flash it

Nice!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf