Author Topic: Sequential tail lights  (Read 21570 times)

Offline robjodicarterTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Sequential tail lights
« Reply #125 on: November 01, 2018, 07:47:19 pm »
Please help, I received this error?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #126 on: November 02, 2018, 09:53:20 am »
Have you selected the right port?  Here's the easiest way to find it:

With the Arduino board not connected, go to Tools > Ports and see what ports are listed.  Then plug the Arduino in and repeat the exercise.  The port which now appears that wasn't there before is the one you should select.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 10:11:30 am by Brumby »

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2018, 11:29:03 am »
One other point...

If the list of ports before you plug in the Arduino is the same as the list after you plug it in, then the Arduino isn't being recognised and you may have a driver problem.

If there is a chip labelled CH340 on the board, then this is a distinct possibility and you will probably have to find a driver.  If so, I would try here: http://www.wch.cn/download/CH341SER_EXE.html 
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 11:30:48 am by Brumby »

Offline robjodicarterTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2018, 12:05:07 pm »
Got it, just wrong port sorry for the late response. Been super busy with work. Just been trying little things like blink a light and I want to try and learn how to use the matrix but looks like I need another connection. I only have one board.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #129 on: November 07, 2018, 03:08:02 am »
No worries.  I was hoping it was just the port.   :)

Using the LED matrix is a bit of a jump in complexity - for both the wiring and the programming.  Whether this will be a bit much for you at this point in your learning is something I cannot judge.  You may struggle with it a bit or you may take to it like a duck to water.  This is just a heads up.  Either way, I am confident you will "get it".

I found this tutorial which seems to cover the basics pretty well - and asks the same question as you have found:

This is the second video which goes through a couple of ways you could drive the LED matrix - and then focuses on the one that makes the most sense.  Note that the preferred solution will require the use of the 74HC595 ICs, the breadboard, some resistors and the hook up wires that came with your kit.

Edit:  All this is probably covered in your tutorial material, but I thought I'd offer some alternative material in case that might be useful in your understanding.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 03:12:46 am by Brumby »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf