Author Topic: EEVBlog #930 - Mailbag  (Read 15232 times)

Offline MobileWill

• Regular Contributor
    • Mobilewill Blog
Re: EEVBlog #930 - Mailbag
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2016, 07:55:23 pm »
The CNC controller IC reminds me of the STM32F429 in probably the 208 package, but not sure about the corner markings. I will have to check if STM32 uses those.

Offline lemming

• Contributor
  • A Lemming is as Lemming Does
    • HSBNE
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2016, 05:53:56 am »
The CNC controller IC reminds me of the STM32F429 in probably the 208 package, but not sure about the corner markings. I will have to check if STM32 uses those.

Having had a look at the datasheet the location of the two crystals matches up nicely with the OSC_IN and RTC_REF pins on the IC.
The better it felt when you said it, the more likely it is to get you in trouble.

IRC is just multi-player Notepad.

Offline MobileWill

• Regular Contributor
    • Mobilewill Blog
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2016, 05:59:40 am »

Having had a look at the datasheet the location of the two crystals matches up nicely with the OSC_IN and RTC_REF pins on the IC.

I just checked and my stm32f429 only has two dimples. But it is only 144pin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Offline strangersound

• Regular Contributor
  • Resistance Is Not Futile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2016, 09:04:01 pm »
The Russian multimeter is a beauty. I was not expecting some quality point to point wiring when he opened it. The Sinclair, not so much. ;)

Dave did make me feel better about my antiquated multimeter since he was raving about his first being an RS and gave him years of service. Mine is a Radio Shack (Micronta) 22-211A. I'm guessing I've had it since around '94/95, so it's served me well since I've never had an issue with it. It's always been for low V/A use, so I' guessing that's probably helped. It was a one of the nicer meters RS had back in the day.

"I learned a long time ago that reality was much weirder than anyone's imagination." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline kj5cn

• Contributor
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2016, 01:55:52 am »
That Russian Multimeter is C-20 - very popular and ubiquitous model in the USSR in the 60's-70's. I got one as a teenager and had it for something like 20-years - never failed me even with all the abuse that a stupid kid could impart on it.
Too bad Dave failed to open the battery compartment - the battery is a unique 4.5V dry cell with flat leads, which were very conveniently located for one's tongue to fit in for voltage measurement  ;D

Peter.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 01:57:48 am by kj5cn »

Offline NottheDan

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2016, 08:02:38 pm »
Too bad Dave failed to open the battery compartment - the battery is a unique 4.5V dry cell with flat leads, which were very conveniently located for one's tongue to fit in for voltage measurement  ;D
Unique? Well, they aren't all that common anymore but when I was a kid they were ubiquitous.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf