Author Topic: Thank you, Dave!  (Read 2707 times)

Offline nixxonTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Thank you, Dave!
« on: December 28, 2015, 10:24:48 pm »
Dave!

In Your video regarding #833 - Mailbag you link to a video including Sam Harris.

I am very grateful for your paying attention to  Sam Harris. I had never heard of him before. But - after watching some interviews on YouTube - he just makes sense.

Please watch this AAR (After Action Review) interview first:

In the interview linked above, Mr Harris actually does not make a single statement that I disagre with. And that has never happened to me before. Ever! I wish the majority of the public opinion were close to half as sound and reasonable as he is...

I hope Mr. Harris' thoughts will contribute to the repair of our world, as it is represented to us by the media today!

Again, Thank You very much, Dave.  :-+

This video is pretty decent as well. 10 yrs old though.:
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:02:43 am by nixxon »

steverino

Re: Thank you, Dave!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 02:56:10 am »
I too only recently became aware of Sam Harris.  A very good discussion about "Man Made?" religions, with Sam Harris and the late Christopher Hitchens, can be found at youtube (the video quality isn't the best): .   

I was very impressed with Mr. Harris' arguments in the linked video (and for me, always impressed with Hithchens' arguments).   I don't want this post to be about the topic of religion, but to show a very entertaining, thoughtful discussion including Sam Harris.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf