Author Topic: SANWA Japan fall victum of forgery products ... No shit !!  (Read 10090 times)

Offline Kiriakos-GRTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
SANWA Japan fall victum of forgery products ... No shit !!
« on: October 27, 2011, 04:06:24 am »
China and India knifed at the back the Japanese SANWA.  ;D

Read the full story here.. 

Imitation Warning
http://overseas.sanwa-meter.co.jp/index.php?imitation

Offline amspire

• Super Contributor
Re: SANWA Japan fall victum of forgery products ... No shit !!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 04:53:22 am »
Are you trying to tell me that the $8 Sunma YX-360TRN multimeter I just bought to build my ESR meter in is not a genuine Japanese Sanwa multimeter?

I just don't believe it!

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 05:07:22 am »
There is an scientifically verified test about finding out the truth by your self.

Before you go to sleep in the next night, just put a fresh banana next to the multimeter and move away,
if the banana is not there at the next morning, this item is definitely a monkey product !!   

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 05:54:52 am »
Nothing new, these fake product have been known at the market circulation for maybe > 10 years, wonder where you've been all this time ?

Offline amspire

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 06:47:54 am »
I sort of think of my Sunma meter as the Rolls Royce of meters. The old Rolls Royce salesmen used to refuse to give any performance figures for Rolls Royce cars. 

My meter is exactly the same - no performance figures.

It really is pretty bad inside. The AC blocking capacitor for the 100VAC is a miniscule ceramic cap that possible might be able to take 50VDC. Maybe.

The first divider resistor for the 100VDC, 1000V AC (1400V peak DC) is in a 1206 size surface mount package.  Now companies like Vishay do make 1500V resistors in a 1206 case, but I have my doubts with this meter. The gap between tracks near that resistor is 1.2mm. It is scary to think someone might actually use it with high voltages.

The 50 uA meter movement is reasonable. The meter movement and the case was all I was really buying.

Richard.

Offline Achilles

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 07:27:22 am »
Yeah, it is quite a copy....lucky for those who haven been to school and can read and write.
Well, 1:1 copies/clones from China aren't knew. Just think about the 80USD Iphone and so one...... and well, even china needs to save money somewhere to build cheap stuff.
If they force that much energy in cloning the look I wouldn't doubt that the PCB looks like a bowl of cornflakes.....

If you just need a DMM for some basic stuff on low Voltage it may work. Measuring some batteries or resistor would be fine and you could tell everyone it's a Genuine Chinese Sunwa ;)

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 11:54:58 am »
Nothing new, these fake product have been known at the market circulation for maybe > 10 years, wonder where you've been all this time ?

Well I am not a huge fun of Sanwa, mostly because their products was always at a higher value than others.
But I got there to examine their digital DMM model of 50,000 / 500,000 counts,
and found also their: Customers beware warning.

The point is that I do understand their pain ,  yes it is called as pain to watch cheap copies of your products to sell worldwide,
and to strangle your own market share, especially those days that things does not go that good for any one.   

Offline McMonster

• Frequent Contributor
    • McMonster's blog
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 12:23:10 pm »
There are many products copied in Asia, so that's not suprising some Chinese got his hand on SANWA'a meter and copied it. I've recently ordered a set of Rigol DS1052E and SANWA PC5000a, it arrived yesterday at my parent's home (no point of shipping it directly since I'm never at home), but from a very reliable source so I don't expect seeing SUNWA on the box on today's evening.

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 12:41:45 pm »
I've recently ordered a set of Rigol DS1052E and SANWA PC5000a, it arrived yesterday at my parent's home

The  PC5000a is a great product, identical specs with the Brymen latest 50,000 / 500,000 counts model,
but the Brymen uses the what ever IC found on the Sanwa plus one generation ahead at list.
Dual display / VFD support / 100 KHz bandwidth , are the main differences.

Tell us the price son ?  :D

Offline McMonster

• Frequent Contributor
    • McMonster's blog
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 01:23:23 pm »
The whole set was $560 including shipping, quite a bargain because usually the Rigol alone costs this much at local supplieres and the meter is available for almost $200. That makes Rigol cheaper than a free shipping direct order from China and I would have to pax tax when ordering there. Normally it would cost like $870 if I were buying those two devices separately.

If your in Poland (I don't think they'll ship internationally) and looking for oscilloscope and a good meter then I recommend you grab this set, it's still available on Polish auction portal. One more catch is this portal is all in Polish.

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 01:34:06 pm »
Well If I speculate 40$ as shipping minus 200 for the Rigol the DMM came at about 300$ .

Offline McMonster

• Frequent Contributor
    • McMonster's blog
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 02:56:18 pm »
I think I mixed something up. The whole set was $560 including like $6 (supplier is from Poland). The same supplier also sells them separately for about $560 for Rigol (normal price of this scope in Poland) and $200 for SANWA meter. I must have looked up the wrong set (with DS1102E, not DS1052E) on supplier's website. Still, I got a good quality meter basically for free. I must keep an eye on this supplier for more sales like this.

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 03:06:40 pm »
Ok thanks for clearing up those details.

Even so I need a favor , a picture of the back of your instrument, like the one below.

PS:
Sanwa mistakenly wrote 200kA Fuse, there is not such fuses in this planet at list.  :)

Offline david77

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 03:14:21 pm »
HRC fuses can well have 200kA breaking capacity. Your standard MCB only has something like 6/10/15kA.

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2011, 03:18:15 pm »
standard MCB

Translation please ?  :)
PCB ?

Offline McMonster

• Frequent Contributor
    • McMonster's blog
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 03:21:04 pm »
standard MCB

Translation please ?  :)
PCB ?

Miniature Circuit Breaker I think.

Offline slateraptor

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 09:16:18 pm »
There is an scientifically verified test about finding out the truth by your self.

Before you go to sleep in the next night, just put a fresh banana next to the multimeter and move away,
if the banana is not there at the next morning, this item is definitely a monkey product !!   

LMFAO!

The false outcomes of this experiment can often be attributed to the late-night monkey engineer who decided to borrow the multimeter under test without permission, then subsequently helped himself to the banana sitting right next to it.

Replace banana with bag of Doritos and you've got yourself a true story.

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 11:42:54 pm »
I am glad that you liked my joke, I started to have the feeling that my humor lost it touch ..  :)

Offline McMonster

• Frequent Contributor
    • McMonster's blog
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2011, 11:38:12 am »
I got the meter and the scope, both look perfectly genuine. I'll take some photos today and maybe do a small review of the meter in a few days. I'm visiting my parents and I have no equipment or devices here I could disassemble (without protests from my parents) to test the gear.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf