Author Topic: What's this please? (Component Advice)  (Read 1220178 times)

Offline requim

• Regular Contributor
Re: What's this please? (Component Advice)
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2011, 10:06:59 pm »
I think if i attempt this I'll try doing the laser printer transfer method to create the circuit board.  If nothing else it will be a nice experiment.  Still debating whether the $$ in parts is worth it.  Unlike many people on these forums I don't have a spare part bin to pull from so things like the transformer, banana jacks, connector board, circuit board, and female power jack are all things I'll have to purchase, in addition to the proper caps and resistors. And I'll have to find some steel to mount it onto so I can attach it to the oscillator.

Really I have to ask myself whether I want to spend the money as a learning experience or am I spending it purely to test the oscillators.  Because if it's the former, then it may be worth it, but if it's the latter, then I should just buy the connector, figure out the wiring and hook it up to my dc power source and be done with it.

Offline amspire

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2011, 03:07:37 am »
Would this transformer work for the sine oscillator?  The manual states it uses 400mA so this seems like it would work just fine.

http://search.digikey.com/us/en/products/ST-4-16/595-1166-ND/953036

I'm still unclear on the whole voltage thing though.  I thought I had to match voltages so why can I do a 16V transformer when I need 13V?

There is nothing wrong with the HP design, but the regulator IC's work better, they are just an easier solution. They are fully current and temperature protected whereas the HP design had no current protection at all. The HP design probably needs specific parts that can be expensive. Since the oscillator uses so little power, a power supply is the kind of thing you can make from scrap parts. Do you have any scrap electronics with an old mains transformer in it? If it is a lower voltage, there are ways to make it work. The Digikey one is fine, but it means spending $10 + postage.

Transformers used to be everywhere until the switching AC/DC converters took over in all the power adapters. If someone has an old printer from the 90's or an old dial-up modem, it probably came with a transformer based power adapter and there is probably a way to use it.  Sometimes the adapters outputted AC, and if so, you could just leave the adapter as is.

As far as voltage is concerned, you have to rectify the AC to DC, and then the regulators need at least a 2V drop (unless you get low dropout regulators).

So 16V RMS rectified produces about +/- 19V rectified (allowing for diode drops, capacitor ripple, etc). At low load, it will be more like 24V but that is fine.  The good thing about having more volts then you need is that it will work over a wide range of mains voltages.

Richard.

Offline requim

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2011, 08:00:18 am »
@amspire - I think I'll go down to the local thrift store and see if I can find an old power adapter to pull a transformer out of.  Should only cost me a buck or two assuming I can find the right part.  I'lll still need to purchase the rest of it. 

Another question I had -- though maybe I should create a new thread on this - is what do I do about the other pins on the connector?  Some are used to supply inputs on the back, which i can safely ignore if I'm not interested, others are Bias Test and AGC Test, which I have no idea what to do with.  And then another is listed as Power Supply R4 which I have no idea about what to do with that as well.

I think what I'll do in the meantime is hookup the oscillator directly to my power supply.  The clips/wires just arrived today so I should be able to hookup +/- 13 volts w/o any problem. Though now that I think about it I'll need a third wire to connect ground to the power supply. Drats.. I'll have to order another cable.

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2011, 10:27:20 am »
Thanks m8!

Alexander.

AMETEK AF3020 AM FM Dual Band Radio Receiver Module

http://www.ienk.com/am-fm-dual-band-radio-receiver-module-p-331.html

Not much info on the net for it.
Become a realist, stay a dreamer.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2011, 12:29:36 pm »
What are the power rating for these old classic 10 turns pots ?

The resistance values from the top one are 20 ohm, 250 ohm and 1.15 ohm. Included at the right the cheap common pot as size comparison.

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2011, 08:30:51 pm »
i'm searching datasheet for this 2.4GHz RF Transceiver. no luck, please help search for me. you maybe have another better link. i tried datasheet datasheet thread no luck, found nRF2402, pin not compatible. sigh.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Online vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2011, 12:40:07 am »
What are the power rating for these old classic 10 turns pots ?

The resistance values from the top one are 20 ohm, 250 ohm and 1.15 ohm. Included at the right the cheap common pot as size comparison.

At a very rough guess,I'd say 1-2 watts.

VK6ZGO

Offline amspire

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2011, 01:14:21 am »
i'm searching datasheet for this 2.4GHz RF Transceiver. no luck, please help search for me. you maybe have another better link. i tried datasheet datasheet thread no luck, found nRF2402, pin not compatible. sigh.
P2402 is probably not the part number - it may be an option on the end of a part number as 2.402GHz is the first frequency in the 2.4GHz band.

The other two lines I am not sure if I can read accurately. The second line looks like "1112G" but the first two "1"'s look a bit curved, and the "G" could be a "C" or a "6" I guess.

The in the bottom line, it is hard to read the two characters after the "A". They could be combinations of "M", "N", "W" and "H".

Richard

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2011, 03:45:55 am »
At a very rough guess,I'd say 1-2 watts.

VK6ZGO
Thanks, found it by browsing those old tech surplus store, apparently they're rated at 5 W.

Offline requim

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2011, 02:16:31 am »
Any chance you can post a better picture or if not a better picture then an accurate reading of the characters on the chip?

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2011, 01:21:54 pm »
its very hard to see even with my best available (cheapo) loupe. this is my best shoot.

P2402
1112RG RK
AMN42095

the M could W or H. but i searched 42095 and 2402, something else came out. the product is China made RF Flash Remote Trigger. so i think the chip source maybe will come from China.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline requim

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2011, 02:28:53 pm »
Did you see this datasheet?

http://mdfly.com/newmdfly/products/RF2.4G/nRF24L01/nRF24L01.pdf

The chip appears to be related to the 2402 chip.  The package is the same, though you'd have to verify the pin compatibility. Not sure whether the specs are close enough for your purposes but worth a shot if you haven't already seen it.

Offline ThePranksta

• Contributor
    • Lattech Systems
« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2011, 06:11:57 am »
I will also throw my money in that it is a Nordic RF chip; maybe an obsolete component.

They make a whole range of flavors of these chips; what is the application of the board? Audio, toy, remote ... ?

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2011, 06:35:38 am »
no its not nRF24L01 compatible. nRF24L01 is compatible with nRF2402. (nRF24L01 arduino kit is on the way). most datasheet i got have the clock on the right side of antenna, where this chip's clock in on the left. its a rf remote control thing.

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2011, 12:01:06 pm »
What is that device? For teletext or something?

Alexander.

Offline GrumpyDave

• Contributor
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2011, 02:05:04 pm »
What is that device? For teletext or something?

Alexander.

Its for data over the TV transmission for a PC.

http://www.wirelesscommunication.nl/reference/chaptr01/brdcsyst/datacast.htm

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2011, 04:02:19 pm »
Thanks you.

Alexander.

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2011, 04:31:51 pm »
Any info on the following (Matsushita?) (humidity?) sensor?

Alexander.

Offline steff

• Contributor
« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2011, 06:34:08 pm »
A web search gives http://detail.china.alibaba.com/buyer/offerdetail/440409632.html as a result, which lists "?????  KPC-K-4894V-0". The Google translation for that line if you do the whole page is "Computer pressure plate", so I guess some sort of (barometric?) pressure sensor.

Sticking the Chinese phrase into Google Translate on its own gives "High-voltage board computer" though, so my confidence in the machine translation is lower even than usual. That said, it does look as if it could plausibly be a pressure sensor - it'd explain the holes in the case at least.

Offline Dad

Re: What's this please? (Component Advice) - from color scanner
« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2012, 07:28:42 pm »
Hi,
    Took apart a couple of old SCSI color scanners and found these interesting components at the business end of the scanner after all the mirrors.  Lot of pins along each side. I'm wondering if we could use these somehow for a robotics project or some such?  Problem is, I don't even know their name so can't google around looking for specs or what not.

Thanks in advance,

-Dad

Offline Rufus

• Super Contributor
Re: What's this please? (Component Advice) - from color scanner
« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2012, 07:46:50 pm »
Problem is, I don't even know their name so can't google around looking for specs or what not.

This http://www.toshiba.com/taec/Catalog/Line.do?lineid=900041&familyid=900039 or something similar.

Offline siliconmix

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2012, 08:57:52 pm »
it's   256 bit  incryption  over infra red transmission decoder  :D

Offline G7PSK

• Super Contributor
  • It is hot until proved not.
« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2012, 04:37:28 pm »
This is not so much as what is it, more does any one have some data on it. It is marked as an Oxygen probe the BNC has the legend probe master on it. I have contacted probe master but all they can tell me is that it was made for another company some years ago and they no longer have any data on it. It would appear to be a 10X probe with a gold plated banana plug on the end which has a spring loaded retracting sheath. I purchased it on ebay for a small price with the idea that it might be useful as the basis for a high voltage probe or such like at some point. 

Offline requim

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2012, 06:55:16 am »
I'm sure this will be dead easy for virtually everyone on here.  Is this a diode? fuse?  I've tested it for both resistance and in diode mode and all I get is 0L so I assume it's blown.  Is that correct? If so, is there some way I can identify the specs on it so I can replace it?

Online Psi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2012, 06:59:25 am »
Glass signal diode

Does it have a line printed on it anywhere?
Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf