Author Topic: Why the earth inside is so hot?  (Read 8761 times)

Offline LawsenTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Why the earth inside is so hot?
« on: March 14, 2011, 05:56:06 am »
Byron:
I have been pondering your question about the source of deep earth heat like the geothermal hot springs at Alum Rock Park, San Jose, California with Penatencia Creek water shed.  There are numerous causes for heat deep in the earth.  I can share many examples with you.  Many people that I came across in my daily life never given it quite some thought.  I doubt the gated public schools near by with their 20 feet high, 6.1 m fence given much thought.  They are too busy taking tests.  Those remedial neighborhood outback schools have the highest fence, 20 feet high, 6.1 meter high.  I am not sure it is meant to keep me out or in?  I always wondered about school that way.  That is not the topic here.  

The heat from the geothermal is from seismic faults opening up heat and allowing aquifers to infiltrate water to the heat along with the sulfur minerals.  The topic here becomes geothermal gradient or the gradual increase of heat as the depth becomes deeper and deeper into the crust, Moho, asthenosphere, upper mantle, lower mantle, and nickel iron core.  The nickel iron core is why we have compasses, magnetism, and paramagnetic - which will stick to magnets, diamagnetic - which will not likely stick to magnets like Au, aurum, or gold, and ferromagnetic - the magnet itself.  Here is the lists of the reasons why the inside of the earth gets hotter, no it is not Pluto, the God of the under world or Hades, and burn in hell with the devil and Satan.    Here are the causes of the hot earth, lava.

The earth was formed around 4.5 billions years ago by the sun's gravitational field attracting matter and spinning and orbiting around the sun.  This is residual heat left over 4.5 billion years ago in the lower mantle.  

There is uranium decay as it formed 4.5 billion years ago along with all the other elements attracting each other by gravity and the pressure from the weight into an equal geometry, thus the earth is very sphere like.  That is why my mother's house cannot see your house in San Jose, because the earth is curved.  The radioactive isotopes decay inside the earth's upper and lower mantle with lava are:
potassium 40
uranium 238
uranium 235
thorium 232

These allow rocks like Sierrian granitoid rocks to be dated.  The earlier earth has more isotopes decaying away into more stable and thus safer elements have increased temperature in the lower mantle and causing convection currents like a hot pie filling in the over causing the crust to break up into plates and have geomorphological features like volcanoes, rift zones and valley, trenches, and seismic activity like earthquakes.  The weight of the rocks and molten rocks cause the enormous pressure and friction, heat.  There were natural nuclear fission reactions boiling underground aquifer water like geothermal in Gabon, West Africa, Oklo Fossil Reactor, where the uranium 235 fission away to uranium238 around 2 billion years ago.  The uranium mine is Oklo, Gabon, West Africa fission away to less uranium 235 and more uranium 238, neodymium 142 and Ru 99, ruthenium, and molybdenum.  Molybdenum is useful for lubrication greases.  Random chance there was a natural source of 3% to 4% uranium 235 present at Oklo, West Africa, Gabon.  That amount uranium 235 along with natural well water to act as a neutron moderator have fission about 2 billion years ago.  The water would get hot.  The early humanoids  have not been present to used that heat to cook with as a natural hot spring water 2 billion years ago.  Reactors and geothermal have been with us before language have been invented.  Oklo Fossil boiling water fission reactor was discovered recently in our time in the present Holocene Cenozoic by Francis Perrin, France.  

Meteorite and comet impacts have heated the earth up into lava.  

Conclusion:
The heat in the earth is a geothermal gradient:
early formation of the earth by gravity
impact from early meteorites and comets
isotope element decay of the early earth
gravity, mass, and pressure
magnetism of the nickel iron core

Earthquakes are caused by the strain on the rocks at plate boundaries by underneath convection mantle currents and heat.  

The rock from the early super hot earth is the Komatiites from deep into the mantle with high melting points and consists of low concentration aluminum, silicon, and potassium and really high magnesium and gold, copper, and nickel are mixed into the Komatiites.  

Komatiites are found in:
Kamabalda, Western Australia
Barberton Belt, South Africa
Karelian greenstone belt in Northwest, Russia
greenstone belts in Canada

Komatiites depict the intense heat of the early earth and thin crust in the Achaean, 2.5 billion years ago.

The earth's water, the oceans and the seas came from a comet that smashed into the earth giving water to us.  

I learned all of this and I do not intend to be placed behind a 20 feet high fence class room.  I studied hard to be free.  I built recumbent bicycles to be freed from dependency of oil and gasoline and no need for war machines.  Japan has less war machines because they rely upon 55 boiling water reactors (11 have been shut down and 1 lost) along with liquefied petroleum gas, methane from diagenesis from kerogens, organic chemical compounds in sediments.  Japan invaded China for oil, coal, and gas in the 1930s.  Where else could Japan get their energy, even Fukushima One failed?  Hong Kong city is nuclear power, too.  I get along with my mother and brother, because I use recumbent bicycle and not use their car much or asked money for gasoline.  If I was more careful with consumer spending, then I would have been totally free and independent.  The goal is to be free, not dependent upon someone or thing, peace comes from that.

Lawsen
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 07:50:05 am by Lawsen »

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
Re: Why the earth inside is so hot?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 06:45:31 am »
national geographic version of eevblog.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline Time

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 05:01:01 pm »
Japan has less war machines because demilitarization was forced on them after WWII.  They were forced into being peaceful.  Their 55 boiling reactors are just an artifact of that.
-Time

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 06:54:24 pm »
well I've not read the whole post but in answer to the basic question: the earth was once a molten ball of lava, the outside (crust) cooled and hardened but the inside still sowly cools insulated by the crust we live on

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 07:53:27 pm »
well my theory is that earth has to give energy to all living things, and energy lies in the heat, so God created earth with very high temperature melting everything including rocks, that creates nuclear power. and space is badly freezing, without heat from earth, human will die. so on the crust, the heat already stabilized/balanced by the freezing space, creating harmonic environment with living things. where the earth lost its energy to the space, it gets it back from speeding meteors and sun radiation and gravity pull. energy is maintained, entropy is increased, though back in U i never got into deep with what entropy really is. so my theory cannot be finished. but now human tried to help increase the energy of the earth by trying to block the heat from being released to the space by producing greenhouse gases and punching a hole in ozone layer so sun radiation will penetrate uncontrollably, hence... global warming.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline Time

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 08:05:04 pm »
without heat from earth, human will die.

All of life's existance on earth has nothing do with the fact that the earth is warm and everything to do with the fact that the sun is warm.  It is the very source of all energy and warmth for life on this planet with the exception of a few forms of exotic bacteria that live on the openings of deep sea thermal vents.  If the sun was gone the surface of the earth would be a frozen barren wasteland.
-Time

Offline Sionyn

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 08:19:10 pm »
@time that's very interesting i was wondering about why they were using outdated reactors 
eecs guy

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 10:28:10 pm »
If the sun was gone the surface of the earth would be a frozen barren wasteland.
sun is gone during the night ??? its true the sun is the main source, but the habitate need to have a storage energy (think capacitance), otherwise the living will dead if the sun dissapears in a fraction of a tiny amount of time.

Offline glossywhite

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 10:35:40 pm »
If the sun was gone the surface of the earth would be a frozen barren wasteland.
sun is gone during the night ??? its true the sun is the main source, but the habitate need to have a storage energy (think capacitance), otherwise the living will dead if the sun dissapears in a fraction of a tiny amount of time.

You're just stupid. You proved it again.

Alex

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 10:44:19 pm »
Glossy thats really not nice.

Mechatrommer, it is mainly the CO2 in the troposphere that reflects a portion of the IR radiation back to the warm surface of the Earth (from the day) thus keeping it warm until the next day.

If the sun goes we wont last long. The sun is the primary energy source for this planet through photosynthesis in plants. No wonder why the sun was/is worshiped as a deity.

Offline Time

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 11:00:06 pm »
the sun isnt gone.  Its just illuminating the other side of the earth.  The surface of the earth is warm because of the sun not because of geothermal heating, that was my point.  The source of energy for life is based around a photonic process (photosynthesis) and not a thermal one.  
-Time

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 11:00:50 pm »
The earth's surface and ocean also store a lot of heat which is why islands have milder winters than places in the middle of large land masses.

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 11:02:48 pm »
i think Simon is sleeping right now, in the cold of the night ;D where is tumut? the sun should be 45 degree his head right now.

Offline Sionyn

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2011, 11:07:20 pm »
were basically work because of heat exchange or temperature difference
were information processing machines and for that to work it requires
temperature difference  (thermal dynamics).

i don't believe in afterlife as it goes against the laws of thermal dynamics and if i were true id have to admit that i don't understand how  fridge worked
eecs guy

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2011, 11:16:26 pm »
scientists are still struggling for "theory of everything" ???

Offline GeoffS

• Supporter
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2011, 11:22:43 pm »
i think Simon is sleeping right now, in the cold of the night ;D where is tumut? the sun should be 45 degree his head right now.

Simon is in the UK.
I think the Tumut reference is for me  :) It's daytime but no sun, looks like rain.
[Tumut is s small town in NSW, Australia.]

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2011, 01:28:13 am »
yes its you, so only for oldtimers it will make sense ;)
ps: that bug really caught my eye again! :P i give it 3 A's for the illusionist.

Offline the_raptor

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2011, 04:13:24 am »
The source of energy for life is based around a photonic process (photosynthesis) and not a thermal one.  

Life as we know it.

Plenty of weird life in sunless parts of the planet. And if there is life in other parts of the solar system it is likely using geothermal heat sources and not solar.

One day we may find out that we are the weird exception to the general rule.

Offline Time

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2011, 03:48:51 pm »
The source of energy for life is based around a photonic process (photosynthesis) and not a thermal one. 

Life as we know it.

Plenty of weird life in sunless parts of the planet. And if there is life in other parts of the solar system it is likely using geothermal heat sources and not solar.

One day we may find out that we are the weird exception to the general rule.

Sure, life on this planet which is what we are talking about.  This planet.
-Time

Offline Sionyn

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2011, 05:29:24 pm »
i wasn't talking about energy source we are heat exchange machines
eecs guy

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2011, 05:57:35 pm »
i wasn't talking about energy source we are heat exchange machines
and where is the human intelligence located?

Offline Sionyn

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2011, 06:06:58 pm »
thats the thing ok

maybe infomation prosessing heat machines

you need a temperature difference for our cells to do work
eecs guy

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2011, 06:29:31 pm »
afaik food heat the machine in order information processes and other function functional.

Offline Time

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2011, 08:50:59 pm »
ok you lost me at food heat the machine.
-Time

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2011, 07:26:40 am »
simple... food+acid=heat, thats chemicosyntesis, we dont eat we die. i'm not expert chemist myself, just theorizing/postulating. this is ee forum, not geophysics. Cheers ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf