Author Topic: Wave 2018 (formerly Scope Month)  (Read 50768 times)

Offline Robaroni

• Frequent Contributor
  • Retired EE
    • Design Specialties
Re: Wave 2018 (formerly Scope Month)
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2018, 03:40:46 pm »
Scopilation! I'm in.

Offline Jono427

• Contributor
« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2018, 03:53:09 pm »
I will add the my first entry in February I did get a confirmation email.  Yesterday's I did not get one.  Today when I went back it remembered me and I did not have to re-enter my information, just click a button and I did get a confirmation today.

The following users thanked this post: imidis

Offline Keysight DanielBogdanoffTopic starter

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
    • Keysight Scopes YouTube channel
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2018, 04:57:33 pm »

I'm not a lawyer, but I cannot grant/"assign" you all Intellectual Property rights including copyrights in an unconditional manner to my address or phone number - that's not something that I own or that is in my sole posession.

So, the IP/patent/copyright phrase essentially keeps people from putting info they own into the submission field and then suing us for having that in our database. Apparently that's a thing people do... I know it's a scary phrase, but I talked to the lawyers about this and it's only about the submission stuff and not an overarching statement/contract.

Offline vgamesx2

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2018, 05:00:57 pm »
I already said it on youtube but I figure why not say here too, as awesome as that bundle is, I'd actually much rather get fewer things because I'd prefer to see more winners, I mean why not give away three times as many things and simply let a winner choose any two items on that list instead of just having a scope/RF bundle?

Certainly isn't a big deal or anything but I think I liked scope month better or at least it gave the impression that you actually had a chance to win since there were so many of them being given away.

Offline imidis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2018, 05:03:42 pm »
I will add the my first entry in February I did get a confirmation email.  Yesterday's I did not get one.  Today when I went back it remembered me and I did not have to re-enter my information, just click a button and I did get a confirmation today.
I didn't get a confirmation yesterday either, glad it wasn't just me!  :)
Gone for good

The following users thanked this post: TheDane

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2018, 05:04:43 pm »
I already said it on youtube but I figure why not say here too, as awesome as that bundle is, I'd actually much rather get fewer things because I'd prefer to see more winners, I mean why not give away three times as many things and simply let a winner choose any two items on that list instead of just having a scope/RF bundle?

Certainly isn't a big deal or anything but I think I liked scope month better or at least it gave the impression that you actually had a chance to win since there were so many of them being given away.
I tend to not agree. If I win, I want to win. Cutting up the cake in so many pieces that they become mundane isn't making something like this better, and the chances to win are minimal either way.

Offline TheDane

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2018, 05:06:44 pm »
Everyone got one entry opportunity prior to commencement of Wave. That entry is valid for the duration of the event.

Each day during Wave, everyone gets one entry opportunity by filling in and submitting the form. You do that once a day. All of these entries are in the pot for all subsequent random draws during the event. Thus, you don't lose out if you don't enter every day, however your odds decrease relative to those who do enter everyday.

You got your daily entry!
- gotten by pressing the button on https://www.wavekeysight.com/landing/

Then there's the 'Enter Keysight's Test to Impress Video Contest!' on https://www.wavekeysight.com/test-to-impress/
I applied there again today. I added links&info yesterday. I hope this won't be an issue, or ??? - technically I am entering twice   ???
(I might not be able to come up with new ideas to add to the project - however a great idea popped into my head, possibly making it capable of testing/determining Vlosses on bad defective high voltage capacitors, so it's kind of an update)

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2018, 05:12:51 pm »
@TheDane, a 2x entry into the Test to Impress is no problem.

Regarding the prizes, we'll probably keep mixing it up :). We get a lot of feedback both ways (value/volume)

Offline FrankE

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2018, 05:17:47 pm »
The daily extra bonus entry is a button, not filling in the form again. I hope I haven't invalidated my entry.

Mick or Nick has some snazzy shirts.

Offline Ranayna

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2018, 05:19:39 pm »
Is answering the question a separate entry? Yesterday i answered the question, but missed the button in the right column completly :(
Today i did both, answered the question, and then i saw the button, clicked it, and immediatly got a email confirmation for my entry.

Offline vgamesx2

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2018, 05:26:12 pm »

I tend to not agree. If I win, I want to win. Cutting up the cake in so many pieces that they become mundane isn't making something like this better, and the chances to win are minimal either way.
I don't see it as "Well, there was basically zero chance of winning anyway so it doesn't matter unless I get everything" I see it as, you have one chance to win a car vs 30 chances to get free insurance for a year, now yes the chances are still low and the other sounds way better to get, but you still have 30 one in a million chances compared to just one chance and that's it, which is still much better odds of actually getting something out of it and getting anything is better than nothing right..? Well, that plus the scope is the main thing I care about anyway so...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 05:30:56 pm by vgamesx2 »

Offline TheDane

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2018, 05:28:49 pm »

Regarding the prizes, we'll probably keep mixing it up :). We get a lot of feedback both ways (value/volume)

Thanks - so just to be 100% clear, one entry on the Test to Impress should be enough during the contest from now on, and I do not need to enter 'there' anymore.
- answering the landing question, and doing the daily button is  :-+

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2018, 05:43:28 pm »
I didn't get a confirmation yesterday either, glad it wasn't just me!  :)

I did not get a confirmation neither yesterday nor today. Not sure what is going on.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2018, 06:36:59 pm »

Thanks - so just to be 100% clear, one entry on the Test to Impress should be enough during the contest from now on, and I do not need to enter 'there' anymore.
- answering the landing question, and doing the daily button is  :-+

Yes, for Test to Impress a single entry is sufficient. For the sweepstakes, you can one per day using the button.

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2018, 06:38:55 pm »
You got your daily entry!
- gotten by pressing the button on https://www.wavekeysight.com/landing/

Depends if you're entering on the same device and you still have the cookie. If not, then you're presented with the entry form again.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

The following users thanked this post: TheDane, CNe7532294

Offline Chipguy

• Supporter
« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2018, 06:42:39 pm »
Well, count me in. Gonna try my luck!
Where is that smoke coming from?

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2018, 06:46:11 pm »
You have to sign up at wave.keysight.com. Posting in this thread won't win you anything.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

The following users thanked this post: Keysight DanielBogdanoff

Offline Kassirigor@gmail.com

« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2018, 08:04:50 pm »
Hello guys. Should I make any another things to get a chance to win anything?

Offline CNe7532294

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #93 on: March 02, 2018, 09:18:32 pm »
This was already answered during the live event (live text box chat) but I might as well post here too. I believe I saw the FMV (Fair Market Value) total ~30,000 USD for each bundle. Correct? This info is important for calculations in regards to your local tax laws.  :blah:  Everyone can still enter and work around this, just don't want anyone to get upset with a surprise audit or whatever.  :-BROKE Also if you are under 18 please don't use your parents information without their permission. I doubt they'll be happy with a surprise audit as well.

On another note, can confirm that as long as you don't wipe out your cookies and check confirmation email box, you will be entered using the information you first provided. Source: my inbox and current browser use.

Best of luck  ;)

The following users thanked this post: Keysight DanielBogdanoff

Offline MarvinTheMartian

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2018, 03:17:29 am »
Hi Daniel!

Thanks for the latest ScopeMonth comp, sorry Wave 2018. :palm:

Can I ask why you don't use UT/GMT times for your competitions, etc (sorry to burst your bubble but the US is NOT the whole world :scared:) as it would be simpler for non-US participants to know what time it is in their part of the world instead of trying to work out where your 'Mountain Standard' time zone is in relation to their own?

Cheers.

EDIT:
I Just viewed your live stream for Mon 5th and I note that you are now also giving UTC times as well - much appreciated.  :)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 09:50:33 pm by MarvinTheMartian »
Reviving my old hobby after retiring! Know so little...only one thing to do...watch Dave's videos and keep reading the forum! ;-)

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2018, 03:55:31 am »
I don't have any trouble working it out.  It's when other time zones are referenced that it becomes a little more of a concern.

For example, the quiz contest which caters for Australia (and others) gives "Australia, Sydney 14:00 pm".  We are on Daylight Savings time - so is that also Daylight Savings time?  It makes no reference to that.

From the time given for Singapore, it would seem so - but an explicit answer is better.

If so, if you could please annotate the time with, say, "AEDST"  for Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time.

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2018, 04:31:29 am »
Thanks for this.  Its awesome!!!  That RF bundle would be just insanely good, but the bench kit woudl be wonderful as well.    I've just started working with RF projects doing Internet of thigns and cellular stuff.
On a quest to find increasingly complicated ways to blink things

Offline Fludo

• Regular Contributor
  • EE
« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2018, 12:06:37 pm »
Did the question of the day repeat from yesterday?

Offline Orpheus

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2018, 12:41:54 pm »
Can I ask why you don't use UT/GMT times for your competitions, etc (sorry to burst your bubble but the US is NOT the whole world :scared:) as it would be simpler for non-US participants to know what time it is in their part of the world instead of trying to work out where your 'Mountain Standard' time zone is in relation to their own?

I don't have any trouble working it out.  It's when other time zones are referenced that it becomes a little more of a concern.

For example, the quiz contest which caters for Australia (and others) gives "Australia, Sydney 14:00 pm".  We are on Daylight Savings time - so is that also Daylight Savings time?  It makes no reference to that.

From the time given for Singapore, it would seem so - but an explicit answer is better.

If so, if you could please annotate the time with, say, "AEDST"  for Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time.

This is all the more puzzling because the US contest pages specify the times in UTC.

The time zone issue doesn't seem to be an issue of corporate  insensitivity but rather some local employee.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 12:44:02 pm by Orpheus »

Offline TheDane

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2018, 12:46:15 pm »
Did the question of the day repeat from yesterday?

I noticed too, reloaded, then remembered it is saturday.
Weekends must be their time off, but I too wonder how they get the time to make all the nice stuff  :-+

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf