Author Topic: CHARMHIGH Budget Pick and Place machines with real feeders. Any expierence?  (Read 2431 times)

Offline iampoorTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
http://www.charmhigh-tech.com/sale-9404977-4-heads-chmt560p4-60pcs-yamaha-pneumatic-feeders-charmhigh-desktop-pick-and-place-machine.html

Came across these while browsing RobotDigg. Seems to be the cheapest machine avaliable that uses Yamaha CL feeders.

Anyone try these yet? Or have any good insights? I wonder if the software is crap...  8)

Still waiting on a good Pick and Place at or under 10K USD. Hopefully the day is coming soon.  :)

Offline Smallsmt

• Frequent Contributor
Still waiting on a good Pick and Place at or under 10K USD. Hopefully the day is coming soon.

We have but it depends on your requirements.  :)

Offline JPlocher

• Contributor
There is a long thread elsewhere on this forum on the CHMT stuff - they use an embedded Linux system instead of a crappy windows mashup, but the SW is still "usable, but quirky".  A full system prices out to nearly $ 8,500 with a good selection of feeders...

My short list was the Neoden, this CHMT560-p4 and the QiHe TVM920, with the Qihe edging it out because it supports more feeders.  I've stepped back from a purchase decision for a bit because of the recent hiccups at/with QiHe...

-John

Offline iampoorTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Still waiting on a good Pick and Place at or under 10K USD. Hopefully the day is coming soon.

We have but it depends on your requirements.  :)

I do nothing smaller then 0603 (mostly 0805 passives). I would like upwards of 40 8mm feeders, and maybe 4 12mm feeders, plus 4 16mm feeders. Of course, this is all subject to change, just my initial ballpark estimate to keep standardized parts on the machine. Also looking to be able to place TQFP (up to 100 pins) and some QFP packages. Nothing too demanding, I just need something reliable, with good feeders. I dont want to have to baby the machine, if that makes sense. I am located in Central California, it would be nice if there was a local machine I could see at some point...

There is a long thread elsewhere on this forum on the CHMT stuff - they use an embedded Linux system instead of a crappy windows mashup, but the SW is still "usable, but quirky".  A full system prices out to nearly $ 8,500 with a good selection of feeders...

My short list was the Neoden, this CHMT560-p4 and the QiHe TVM920, with the Qihe edging it out because it supports more feeders.  I've stepped back from a purchase decision for a bit because of the recent hiccups at/with QiHe...

-John

Hi John

I appear to have missed that thread, will look again.

The QiHe looks amazing, was that price you quoted with feeders? What issues are the qiHe machines facing? If these are all in threads I have missed I do apologize....try to keep up to date on this subforum., but always seem to miss something.  >:D
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 04:31:22 am by iampoor »

Offline JPlocher

• Contributor
Here's my list:

QiHe TVM920 - $6500 (max 56 Yamaha feeders)
CHMT 530P4  - $4998 (max 30 Yamaha feeders), does not need external PC
Qihe 802BX  - $4600 (uses drag feeders - seems unreliable, others report needing constant manual adjustment during runs)

Feeders:
ADD: Vibration Feeder                                         120/ea = 120
ADD: 1x 24mm  Yamaha Compatible feeder                        240/ea = 240
ADD: 4x 16mm  Yamaha Compatible feeder                         70/ea = 280
ADD: 4x 12mm  Yamaha Compatible feeder                         70/ea = 280
ADD: 16x 8mm*4  Yamaha Compatible feeder                       55/ea = 880
ADD: 2x 8mm (2mm pitch)  Yamaha Compatible feeder              60/ea = 120
                                                                     ========
                                                                     $1,920

ADD $1,000 for shipping
ADD: QH3040 Printer $400 (NEODEN…)
ADD: Reflow oven Puhui T962C   $430