Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Test Equipment / Re: Choosing between entry-level 12-bit DSOs
« Last post by Fungus on Today at 02:32:59 pm »
On the DHO800/900, with only 312 MSa/s per channel, you will be out of luck.

Yes, we know sampling theory, thanks...

when triying to use the mask feature on the zoom window, i then was not able to get the zoom window back to the state where it was before setting up the mask (see picture).

Edit: Did you attach the wrong picture maybe?

Yes it was indeed the wrong picture. Since i had the same issues again with a strong indication, that this is not just an issue, i moved over to the bug topic.

Yes, i have to take a step back and analyse more and not ton confuse others. But at the same time i would like to encourage others to be a bit more playful in trying things out that i wrote. Because some might find what i missed. As 2N3055 might have found nothing wrong, he could have tried other things too, like creating a mask by hand, which is probably the difference with this issue. (This sentence has truely only an objective meaning)
Beginners / Re: Convert US standard 115V to International 230V
« Last post by IanB on Today at 02:32:13 pm »
According to the OP, the two power supplies are the only mains loads. The reason for the 20 A requirement was unclear, due to an earlier designer who has now left the project. It may simply have been a very conservative design.

These PSU can be used directly. But this is just 750W power consumption.

It is 750 W output power. Allowing for power supply efficiency the input power is closer to 900 W. But once again, this was covered earlier in the thread.
« Last post by Fungus on Today at 02:31:01 pm »
If you are always working on 4ch and 200 Mhz you need better scope than Rigol that undersamples.

Oh, FFS... I knew this was coming, again...

How many people meet that criteria of looking at exactly 200MHz on 4 channels, AND who wouldn't be far better served with (eg.) a 350MHz 'scope?

That's such a narrow user profile that it seems silly to me to even argue about it.
Beginners / Schumacher 5212 A battery charger
« Last post by cmvalerius on Today at 02:26:44 pm »
Both battery clamps fell off and I’m not sure which is positive and which is negative
One goes to circuit board, one goes to small white plug in? Can anyone help?
« Last post by KungFuJosh on Today at 02:26:36 pm »
If you do the equivalent of using a hammer to insert screws, is it surprising that the results are sub-optimal?

OTOH "Hammer Drive Screws" do exist. 😉
General Technical Chat / Re: Is LinkedIn worth keeping?
« Last post by tom66 on Today at 02:22:48 pm »
I maintain a LinkedIn account but rarely contribute.

I have gotten all of my previous jobs through the platform, besides the very first one, so I regard it as being useful from that end, but it is mostly recruiter spam these days.
Test Equipment / Re: UNI-T UDB3000S Series: UDP3305S / UDP3305S-E
« Last post by pope on Today at 02:22:13 pm »
Looks like the increased the prices. I was about to pull the trigger but now I'm gonna have to look for a different brand. Oh well...
« Last post by ebastler on Today at 02:21:06 pm »
I don't see that as much of a problem in practice, especially if you're aware of it. Four simultaneous 200MHz signals aren't easy for hobbyists to find. It's really easy to drop down to two channels if you're in doubt. You'll probably see a difference on the Siglent, too, if it's anything more than a simple sine wave.

If you're always working at 200MHz on four channels then you need a better 'scope than either of these. Probably active probes, too (if you're using probes).

It's enough to have one 200 MHz signal, which you need to observe in context with two other (potentially lower-bandwidth) signals. Not that exotic a requirement for those who decided to get a 200 MHz, 4-channel scope. On the DHO800/900, with only 312 MSa/s per channel, you will be out of luck.
It's an LED downlight with a 1m power cord attached to it.  So you install it into your ceiling and then... ahhh... WTF?

My garage is fitted out with switched plug sockets distributed across the ceiling. I was therefore able to buy replacement light fixtures fitted with mains plugs, and just plug them into those sockets. Having switched sockets for lighting is a common thing in the USA.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next