Author Topic: 2017 may, hack Rigol DS2072a-S Is it possible to unlock?  (Read 5084 times)

Offline ALeX_71Topic starter

2017 may, hack Rigol DS2072a-S Is it possible to unlock?
« on: May 11, 2017, 09:15:59 pm »
Hello!
I wondered, is it possible to hack the DS2072A-S?
I'm choosing between 2 models DS2072A-S DS2072A.
DS2072A can hack for me, the seller. And about the DS2072A-S says they can't be hacked!

I found a method of breaking through RigolBildschirmkopi and rigup-0.4.2. ( https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/unlockinghacking-the-rigol-ds2000a-series-scope-the-short-post/100/ ) Does anyone have some experience hacking DS2072a-S?
Help me, can someone make a dump of the firmware? Me a chance to practice working with programs hacking.

PS: is there any difference in hacking DS2072A, DS2072A-S, MSO2072A? Is there a difference in the type of firmware for these devices?

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

The following users thanked this post: ALeX_71

Offline CustomEngineerer

• Frequent Contributor
Re: 2017 may, hack Rigol DS2072a-S Is it possible to unlock?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 11:41:58 pm »
The only difference between the DS2072A and DS2072A-S is the -S version has the built in function generator. Other than that the hardwares are identical, they use the same exact firmware, the hack is the same for both. I have a DS2072A-S (yes it is hackable, seller doesn't know what he talking about), however I would recommend getting the one without the builtin generator because the builtin generator is a pain to control. Unless you just don't have the space for a separate standalone generator, don't waste your money on that option.

Edit: Wanted to add, don't pay extra for the seller to hack it for you. Its literally a 5 - 10 minute process that you can easily do yourself.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 11:44:31 pm by CustomEngineerer »

The following users thanked this post: tkarlmann, ALeX_71

Offline tkarlmann

Re: 2017 may, hack Rigol DS2072a-S Is it possible to unlock?
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 03:09:55 am »
The only difference between the DS2072A and DS2072A-S is the -S version has the built in function generator. Other than that the hardwares are identical, they use the same exact firmware, the hack is the same for both. I have a DS2072A-S (yes it is hackable, seller doesn't know what he talking about), however I would recommend getting the one without the builtin generator because the builtin generator is a pain to control. Unless you just don't have the space for a separate standalone generator, don't waste your money on that option.

Edit: Wanted to add, don't pay extra for the seller to hack it for you. Its literally a 5 - 10 minute process that you can easily do yourself.
Can you elaborate on the "pain to control" aspect of the DS2072A-S?

Offline nugglix

• Regular Contributor

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf