Author Topic: DSA815 dead pixel  (Read 2692 times)

Offline dadlerTopic starter

• Supporter
DSA815 dead pixel
« on: May 06, 2015, 04:53:51 am »
Hi all-

Just received a brand new DSA815 from tequipment.

There is a "screen test" function, which cycles background colors. It reveals a dead pixel (it might be two dead pixels) on the screen.

Anyone else experienced dead pixels on Rigol products before?

I'm tempted to return it, as I paid for a fully functional device. The other 4 (much cheaper) Rigol products I own all have perfect screens.

Offline Spork Schivago

• Frequent Contributor
Re: DSA815 dead pixel
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 04:58:39 am »
I ordered a Rigol DP832 power supply but it hasn't come yet.  If it was me, I'd contact TEquipment.  Before I ordered my power supply, I talked to customer service via a chat window and they seem to really care about the customer.  I'm sure if you explained everything to them, they'd accept the return and offer you a replacement.

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 06:08:54 pm »
You were correct - they took it back and gave me a pre-paid UPS label.

The DSA815 is now with the UPS man back to Tequipment, and they said they will ship a new one out when they receive it.

At least I'm not out of pocket, though I do get to wait for another shipment California->NJ, and then NJ->California, which should take a little over two weeks. Lame.

Oh well, at least I won't have to live with the dead pixel(s).

I was going to try to deal with it, but black pixels in the menu area were quite obvious whenever I looked at the screen.

Thanks Tequipment  :-+

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 04:33:46 am »
Received my replacement DSA815 today, screen is good on this one. Came with FW 00.01.12 and main board 00.08, rf FPGA 00.05, digital FPGA 00.05.

Apparently there is an approximate 1 week delay after they receive an RMA'd item before they ship out a replacement. They claim this is for "verification". I was not happy with this particular policy (especially since the original CS agent told me a replacement would be shipped out immediately). After complaining, they offered to upgrade the return shipping to 3 day, which I accepted.

Thanks tequipment  :-+

Online videobruce

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 09:56:57 pm »
TEquipment I would highly recommend. Generous 30 day return policy. Some sellers (dealers) have none.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf