Author Topic: Rigol MSO1104z-s Bug list  (Read 4867 times)

Online McBryceTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Rigol MSO1104z-s Bug list
« on: March 03, 2015, 08:44:31 am »
Hi,
    I couldn't find a bug list for the MSO1104z-s anywhere, so I'm starting one here. I had the opportunity to try this scope out this week and noticed the following issue. Not sure if it can really be called a bug but...

If the scope is stopped with "Run/Stop" (ie: button is red), it doesn't detect when you insert a USB stick. You have to let the scope run again and then re-insert the stick before it will be detected. Quite annoying, as I only go looking for a stick when I've caught something interesting that I want to save. The FW is 04.02 SP4

McBryce.

P.s. If there is already a bug list for this scope, please point me to it and I'll re-post the info there.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
Re: Rigol MSO1104z-s Bug list
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 08:49:05 am »
It started happening to me as well on a DS2000 series, but not all are seeing this problem. Sometimes it does work but most of the time it only allows me one insertion of the USB thumb disk.

I even format it again and the problem persists.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 09:09:02 am »
I've only tested this with one stick up to now, but I have a whole box of different sticks, maybe I'll try a few others to see if it's stick-dependent.

McBryce.

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 12:40:26 pm »
Hi,
    I couldn't find a bug list for the MSO1104z-s anywhere, so I'm starting one here. I had the opportunity to try this scope out this week and noticed the following issue. Not sure if it can really be called a bug but...

P.s. If there is already a bug list for this scope, please point me to it and I'll re-post the info there.
There is a thread about bugs and suggestions for the DS1000Z series (i.e. the models without logic analyzers):
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/rigol-ds1000z-series-(ds1054z-ds1074z-ds1104z-and-s-models)-bugswish-list/

Assuming that the present issue is not limited to the MSO version (or is it?), it could be included in the list maintained in that thread.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 12:42:51 pm »
Yes, I saw that thread, but (as far as I have heard), the MSO has both different hardware and firmware to the DS versions, so I thought it would be better to keep them seperate.

McBryce.

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 01:09:40 pm »
OK, it certainly makes sense to have a separate thread for MSO-specific issues. I will try the USB-detection-during-stopped-state on my DS scope tonight and will post in the other thread in case the DS is also affected.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 03:11:37 pm »
Btw: The "<15Khz when stopped" bug also happens on the MSO.

McBryce.

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 07:16:40 pm »
If the scope is stopped with "Run/Stop" (ie: button is red), it doesn't detect when you insert a USB stick. You have to let the scope run again and then re-insert the stick before it will be detected. Quite annoying, as I only go looking for a stick when I've caught something interesting that I want to save. The FW is 04.02 SP4
Hmm, just tested this on my DS1054Z (firmware 00.04.02 SP4, with options enabled), and it works alright. The USB stick is detected while the scope is in "Stop" mode, and I can save the current screenshot via the Print button.

Surprising, given the nominally identical firmware versions. But of course the Run/Stop control will involve additional low-level activities when the logic analyzer module is present; maybe that has some side effect on the USB detection? Anyway, this confirms that a separate thread for bugs in the MSO series is a good idea...

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 01:46:54 pm »
I had a chance to check a whole range of sticks on the scope this weekend. It only happens with certain USB sticks, not with all types. It seems to mainly be a problem with sticks above 4GB.

McBryce.

Offline DanielS

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 04:34:13 pm »
I had a chance to check a whole range of sticks on the scope this weekend. It only happens with certain USB sticks, not with all types. It seems to mainly be a problem with sticks above 4GB.
Worked fine on my DS1054Z and a 8GB Kingston DataTraveler G4.

With my 32GB Lexar stick though, I get a "Flash Driver FileSystem init failured!" message regardless of stop/start state.

Edit: just had to do a screenshot and CVS export to finish writing a report. I had no trouble saving a screenshot from the Print button to the USB stick from a stopped state but the scope would not export CVS to the same stick on the same Stop. In fact, I could not get it to export CVS at all from the Stop state, only worked when I started it from the Run state. Thankfully, what I wanted to capture was reproducible on demand, so losing my Stop shot was no big deal this time. Looks like there are circumstances where the 1000Z may refuse to save files from the file name editor when stopped - you enter the file name, push the OK button, instantaneously get the "function limited" message and that's it.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 07:55:35 pm by DanielS »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf