Author Topic: Contract - Electronics Engineer/PCB Designer(Altium) - Berlin, Germany  (Read 5092 times)

Offline gpTopic starter

Who we are:

TelcoVillage GmbH is a fully funded and privately held telecommunication company founded in 2005 operating services for customers including incumbent telecom operators, mobile operators, banking and media companies.

We are building a next generation communication platform for internet of everything and we are looking for an engineer to help us build hardware modules on top of RF modules like Simcom, Ublox.

You should:

• have experience in electronics engineering, no pseudo scientist but neither the skeptical who embrace status quo
  • have experience designing RF circuits
  • know how to proper handle EMI and be creative on hitting mechanical limitations
  • know Altium very good (PCB, Schematic, libraries, multi board assembly including mechanical, Spice simulation)
  • work in our Berlin office (Heiligensee Station S25)

We offer:
  • a short term contract at 30€/h slightly negotiable (maybe a fully time contract after we know each other)
  • flexible Work Hours
  • free snacks, coffee, and drinks
  • International team

Apply here: gp@telcovillage.com

Offline mallikarjuna

Certification Engineers International Ltd. (CEIL) invites applications for the posts of Construction Engineers, Welding/NDT engineers, Planning, Safety & Warehouse personnel. CEIL is a wholly owned subsidiary Company of Engineers India Ltd. (EIL), A Government of India Undertaking.

Construction Engineers: Educational Qualification: Full-time Bachelor Degree (BE/B.Tech with Minimum 50% marks) in Civil / Mechanical / Electrical / Instrumentation Engineering discipline (as per Project requirement) from a recognized University/Institute. see complete notification details https://www.govtjobsclub.in/ceil-engineers/ you can also more jobs at visit https://www.govtjobsclub.in/

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
Who we are:

TelcoVillage GmbH is a fully funded and privately held telecommunication company founded in 2005 operating services for customers including incumbent telecom operators, mobile operators, banking and media companies.

We are building a next generation communication platform for internet of everything and we are looking for an engineer to help us build hardware modules on top of RF modules like Simcom, Ublox.

You should:

• have experience in electronics engineering, no pseudo scientist but neither the skeptical who embrace status quo
  • have experience designing RF circuits
  • know how to proper handle EMI and be creative on hitting mechanical limitations
  • know Altium very good (PCB, Schematic, libraries, multi board assembly including mechanical, Spice simulation)
  • work in our Berlin office (Heiligensee Station S25)

We offer:
  • a short term contract at 30€/h slightly negotiable (maybe a fully time contract after we know each other)
  • flexible Work Hours
  • free snacks, coffee, and drinks
  • International team

Apply here: gp@telcovillage.com

Is this a joke ?!?!
A Fensterputzer makes more than 30EUR/h brutto, not an experienced  Diplom-Ingenieur Elektronik mit anerkanntem Abschluss !?!?  :wtf:

The following users thanked this post: Martin.M

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
Is this a joke ?!?!
A Fensterputzer makes more than 30EUR/h brutto, not an experienced  Diplom-Ingenieur Elektronik mit anerkanntem Abschluss !?!?  :wtf:

Maybe if you eat enough of the free snacks...?

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
Is this a joke ?!?!

Maybe if you eat enough of the free snacks...?

Or drink enough of the free drinks, or even better,  smoke enough of what they're smoking, Berlin seem to be a bit more permissive mit Henfkuchen  :-DD

Offline gpTopic starter

We are not trying to offend anyone, we're trying to build a product with our available resources. The only thing we can do is to apologise for not having the budget that you expect and we can do this, we're sorry but we can not be embarrassed for trying to build something with the available resources. If we are naive, then we'll try to find remote people outside Germany for this amount. If you can't help us it's fine, but these kind of rude reactions is not going to make the world a better place.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
We are not trying to offend anyone, we're trying to build a product with our available resources. The only thing we can do is to apologise for not having the budget that you expect and we can do this, we're sorry but we can not be embarrassed for trying to build something with the available resources. If we are naive, then we'll try to find remote people outside Germany for this amount. If you can't help us it's fine, but these kind of rude reactions is not going to make the world a better place.
I think you will be better off asking fixed price quotations. A pro charging more per hour may need less time than some rookie and in the end cost less (and probably deliver a better result). OTOH having something designed well costs money no matter where the designer is located.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline gpTopic starter

@nctnico

I think fixed price quotations is not working. Neither the most experienced professionals or managers can not foresee certain details. I do not know any successfully fixed price contract for macro tasks. You can make working fixed price contract for one week tasks but not for months.

"A pro charging more per hour may need less time than some rookie and in the end cost less."

If this would be the case in real life we would go for this. We already try that on software engineering where the guy who charged us 60€/hour was 2 times less performant and unprofessional than the one with 30€.

Actually we would afford to pay big fees to one who can deliver according to his fee in terms of quality and performance. But the reality is different, no one want to assume pressure and risks because they can earn same money to company who can afford low performance and risk on higher fees. For a small company that want to compete with big ones low performance and high risk may lead them to bankruptcy. That is why small competitors have to be agile and cost effective in order to survive and grow.

So we are open to find professionals with high rates that can assume performance and quality. Let's stay on table and make it work, we'll pay for performance, quality and professionalism.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
@nctnico

I think fixed price quotations is not working. Neither the most experienced professionals or managers can not foresee certain details. I do not know any successfully fixed price contract for macro tasks. You can make working fixed price contract for one week tasks but not for months.
If the specification is solid and the project doesn't involve any risky/unpredictable R&D work then I don't see why a fixed price can't work for a large project. Most of the contracts I do are fixed price one way or another. After all a customer has to be able to allocate the budget for a project. If I end up sending a bill for multiple times of the estimated amount then there has to be a really good reason for that otherwise customers are not going to be happy (understatement).

In my experience with doing contract work and outsourcing contract work with specific deliverables a fixed priced is the best way to move forward.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 01:51:35 pm by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline Karel

• Super Contributor
30$/h doesn't seem too low if you think about all those jobless immigrants with an engineering degree entering Germany.
Why else do you think Merkel allowed it?

Offline Martin.M

• Frequent Contributor
  • in Tek we trust
    • vintage Tek collection
Re: Contract - Electronics Engineer/PCB Designer(Altium) - Berlin, Germany
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2018, 07:34:56 pm »

Is this a joke ?!?!

I earn 16.50 as a very professional sheet metal folder with 12 years of experience.
For only 29,- I like to go for Fensterputzer, of coarse  :)

Martin

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
Re: Contract - Electronics Engineer/PCB Designer(Altium) - Berlin, Germany
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2018, 06:49:59 am »
Contract Fensterputzer, that is after you've cleaned some Fenster in Berlin, in 3 months you have to find some other Fenster to clean or move somewhere else, and we know how easy and cheap is to move around Germany  ::).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf