Author Topic: Enthusiasts/Unpaid: Looking for someone to do PCB Layouts for a F/A-18C SimPit  (Read 5120 times)

Offline jrsteensenTopic starter

A small team of flight sim enthusiasts (including myself) are working on a 1:1 replica of a F/A-18C Hornet cockpit, that will be a fully functional simulator via the upcoming DCS: Hornet module.

This project will be released in full under a BY-NC-SA Creative Commons license.

I have no problem with some of the simpler PCBs required, (DDIs/MFDs and Warning Lights) but I am truly a mechanical guy. I was curious if anyone would be willing to sign on to help a little with the PCB design side? I will be (and have) schematics, drawings depicting required locations of certain components, and board outlines for more complex boards. My time on this project is better spent where I can have the most effect, and that is on the mechanical side.

I should mention, everyone involved with this project are professionals with careers, wives and kids, so this isn't expected to be a job. The goal is to be able to build the pit with a 3D printer, and hobby CNC router and standard hand/power tools. (XCARVE 1000x1000 or better)

Requirements:
All ECAD is to be done in KiCAD
Capable of creating required footprints in KiCAD.
Capable of routing fairly basic 2-sided PCBs.

Here are a few renders of the WIP MCAD efforts.

Offline mcleod

• Contributor
What an awesome project!

I would volunteer but I have zero KiCad experience.

Good luck finding someone!

Offline awallin

• Frequent Contributor
maybe an approach from IRC works better here?: ask, don't ask to ask.

-> post enough specs on github so that someone can just pick it up and start committing kicad-designs?

Offline s8548a

• Regular Contributor
Awesome project!!!.

PM'd.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf