Author Topic: Looking to hire a freelance individual(home manufacturer, electronics guru)WHERE  (Read 6012 times)

Offline puppy0Topic starter

• !
Hello,

May I please ask for your suggestion if someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction...

I contacted original developer of extremely rare electronics device because I wanted to buy it. After waiting for months for his reply, I got it but he told me that device was being sold for max one month and is not being anymore sold for years. He developed it for the purpose of his PHD on university, gave me electronics (manufacturing) documentation and suggested me to find some very experience electronics manufacturing expert who will be able to clone existing device according to documentation.

Looking for someone, for a fee, so I pay, who would be willing to clone, according to documentation, existing device but add two minor modifications: one design (outside look - adding device into the case/box) and one functional. Everything else would be basically following the documentation.

Tried to check websites like peopleperhour, upwork, freelancer.com, even craiglist (don't have account on linkedin) but failed to find any interest who would be willing to provide me his paid service. I would most likely have to ship something to him (whoever would be willing to provide his electronics manufacturing service) so he can test his work before shipping everything, including returning what I ship to him, to me.

As said, basically I would need someone, preferable individual person looking to earn something rather than the company, to clone (plus two modifications) electronic device which is not being sold anymore.

Would anyone please tell me where could I find such electronic manufacturing individual experts to contact them with description what exactly I need and asking for a quote+cloning time+shipping/delivery time? Is there any better way than just looking at your ''Work Wanted'' section of the forum so I could get some more offers as my budget to pay is also limited?

Thank you in advance!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 09:15:40 am by puppy0 »

Online Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
    • Freelance Hardware Engineer
Perhaps you could give a general idea what this device is? Helps to gauge complexity. Do you have a picture of the original product and/or it's PCB? That, and the amount of units you wish to produce.

Offline kripton2035

• Super Contributor
    • kripton2035 schematics repository
Perhaps you could give a general idea what this device is? Helps to gauge complexity. Do you have a picture of the original product and/or it's PCB? That, and the amount of units you wish to produce.
+1

Offline poorchava

• Super Contributor
  • Troll Cave Electronics!
I do that sort of stuff on daily basis. About 10 years of experience. Drop me a PM with some details and I'm sure we can work something out. I can provide examples of my work (to some extent,  NDAs apply in most of the cases)

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

I love the smell of FR4 in the morning!

• !
Ice-Tea and kripton2035 thank you for your replies. If you could please kindly PM me your email address and I will message you text based description including documentation and some youtube videos about the device. The original device needed to be cloned is this one (you asked me for its picture): https://i.imgsafe.org/d23e8b7926.jpg

I need one (1) unit. However in case if I ever in few months, years, decades, lose it or if someone steals it from me (both unlikely) then I would order new one and obviously for a new payment.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 11:21:34 am by puppy0 »

Online Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
    • Freelance Hardware Engineer
Don't get me wrong: I'm not fishing for the job. I just wanted to help you a bit. The original post was quite vague, the more meaningful the request, the more meaningful the replies ;)

Offline kripton2035

• Super Contributor
    • kripton2035 schematics repository
the lcd display seems quite hard to source for me, also the smartcard reader module seems special ...
http://www.smartcarddetective.com/index.php

what is the microcontroler brand and model ? (back of the pcb)
Edit: found it, it's a AT90USB647

also as this device seems untouched since 2010 ? not sure if it still works with actual smartcards. certainly not.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 11:43:31 am by kripton2035 »

• !
Ice-Tea Ok thanks for suggestion, hopefully someone could contact me for that. Although I am still waiting for primary answer - where to find individuals (contact needed too), electronics manufacturing experts, looking for work for another individual (me) for a fee. Escrow/milestone type of payment via freelancer.com or whatever else you (pointing at service provider) would like is preferred so payment is safe for me also.

kripton2035: I am still eager to send description of device. Only documentation (exact plan how and what to clone) won't be enough. Device should remain working. Microcontroler is ATMEL AT90USB1287. Here is more detailed documentation https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~osc22/docs/mphil_acs_osc22.pdf

However kindly note that not even this pdf, although it contains 57 pages is enough. I would still like to email the description.

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
As far as I can tell, this seems to be (in the WRONG hands), an ILLEGAL device for STEALING money.

Who is the OP ?

There was a similar thread previously (a while ago), about this or very similar, which the mods closed and/or deleted. If I remember correctly.

EDIT:
If I am miss-remembering, it is because it was a different forum. But fortunately was spotted in time, and stopped.

• !
As far as I can tell, this seems to be (in the WRONG hands), an ILLEGAL device for STEALING money.

Who is the OP ?

There was a similar thread previously (a while ago), about this or very similar, which the mods closed and/or deleted. If I remember correctly.

EDIT:
If I am miss-remembering, it is because it was a different forum. But fortunately was spotted in time, and stopped.

Please if you are not sure or only assuming at something, don't accuse me at anything. I also expect same attitude back to me as I am giving to others. Didn't even have a chance to describe the device. Been searching for manufacturer for a long time so would appreciate if you respect my time and efforts also.

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor

Who is the OP ?

EDIT:

Please if you are not sure or only assuming at something, don't accuse me at anything. I also expect same attitude back to me as I am giving to others. Didn't even have a chance to describe the device. Been searching for manufacturer for a long time so would appreciate if you respect my time and efforts also.

You sound VERY suspicious. My spidey senses are going crazy!

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
This link (others can be provided), explain about the dishonest scams that this can be used for.

https://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2010/12/471288.html

N.B. Notice the identical photographs in the link and the OP.

Offline tec5c

• Frequent Contributor
100% suss. The schematics are even available (PDF's though)...this guy is just looking for a patsy.  :horse:

Uh, you certainly did. You made the thread buddy and were trying to hide the true purpose of the device.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 01:12:20 pm by tec5c »

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
Original poster banned, indeed this so-called topic has come up before and was deleted.

Offline aandrew

• Frequent Contributor
The link MK14 dug up has full source and schematic/layout files. It doesn't appear that anyone needs to redesign it, so much as simply manufacture it.

Agreed though, this is a smartcard intercept board, similar to the ones used back in the old satellite TV hacking days. Definitely of questionable use to anyone who could not use the files to create their own.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf