Author Topic: US , Bay Area, Palo Alto : PCB/SCH CAD Librarian / Layouter -fulltime-  (Read 3190 times)

Offline free_electronTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
I'm looking for someone to do library work and layout jobs ( focus is on library work )

- Create footprints according to internal house standards and IPC
- Create and manipulated 3d models of components ( Solidworks / Catia )
- Maintain the central component database and keep it in sync with the PLM tools . Cradle to grave ....
- Create schematic symbols according to internal standards

What i'm looking for:

- a creative person with attention to detail. You will be maintaining the master library used by hundreds of engineers.
- experience with PCB design
- a solid understanding of components and reading / interpreting datasheets and mechanical drawings. We don't make rectangular blob symbols. Pins are arranged logically and spatially to produce clean , readable schematics. The symbol is built for form fit and function so schematics are not a rats-nest. Pins are spaced so they mate properly with other components. Connectors are drawn to look like the actual thing (sometimes with elaborate vector artwork)
- some experience with 3D cad tools.
- Some experience with PCB cad tools.
- experience manipulating graphics data ( vector ) . Illustrator / Inkscape
- Being able to use search engines like Octopart / IcFinder/ Ciiva / Silicon Expert , Digikey to find parts and alternates / mates and have an idea of what parts do exist. The Digikey and Mouser / amp / molex / phoenix / and other component catalogues should be your preferred lecture when taking your morning cruise on the porcelain ship ...
- eagerness to learn and absorb anything and everything related to electronic components. If , in the future, someone comes to you describing what he needs you should be able to point him to a manufacturer that makes such things.

It is nice if you have experience with Altium and Solidworks but not mandatory. I will provide the Altium + Vault , Catia + Enovia and Solidworks training.

Send resume's to my attention.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 02:31:09 pm by free_electron »
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

The following users thanked this post: ngjohnson

Offline Araho

• Regular Contributor
Re: US , Bay Area, Palo Alto : PCB/SCH CAD Librarian / Layouter
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 10:28:40 am »
Is this a full-time or a part-time position?

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
Re: US , Bay Area, Palo Alto : PCB/SCH CAD Librarian / Layouter
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 02:30:55 pm »
Full time position
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

Offline ebclr

• Super Contributor
Re: US , Bay Area, Palo Alto : PCB/SCH CAD Librarian / Layouter -fulltime-
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 12:45:53 pm »

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
Re: US , Bay Area, Palo Alto : PCB/SCH CAD Librarian / Layouter -fulltime-
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 06:02:44 pm »
yeah. can't use such services

drawing standards , customisation ( 0.65mm pitch on 4 ounce copper need special work ...) setting up all links with PLM, supply chain and releasing the part into the Altium Vault.

Many parts are custom and need tight interaction with ME. you need to be on-site to do that. otherwise it is an endless flurry of phone calls and emails.
We turn over 4000 parts per year ... most part requests are serviced withing 2 to 15 minutes ... complex parts 1 hour tops.

The following users thanked this post: mrpackethead

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf