Author Topic: Wanted : PCB design support person  (Read 4585 times)

Offline free_electronTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
Wanted : PCB design support person
« on: January 10, 2018, 06:01:27 pm »
Candidate profile : anyone who has tinkered with circuits , drawn a few schematics and made a couple of boards. All we need is someone with a keen spirit, attention to detail  and eagerness to learn.
Show your boards you made.

You will build symbols and footprints according to specification. Occasionally you will design boards as well.
I provide training.

This is a full time job.
Palo Alto - California.

Send me your resume and pictures/pdf files of a few schematics and pcb layouts you made for a chance to work for one of the coolest companies out there.
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

Offline massivephoton

• Contributor
Re: Wanted : PCB design support person
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 02:03:45 am »
Would you mind pointing out which EDA software the company uses?

Regards.
- J'ai vu une maison de cent mille francs.
- Comme c'est joli!

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 04:18:22 am »
So, after the 2nd week, when they go stir crazy from looknig at datasheets, whats next?  Unless you have some interesting work for them as well, this job would send someone loopy.
On a quest to find increasingly complicated ways to blink things

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 03:26:04 pm »
EDA tool is irrelevant. We use Altium but i don't expect you to know that. It is nice to know, but i will train you.

Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

Offline massivephoton

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 05:53:55 pm »
EDA tool is irrelevant. We use Altium but i don't expect you to know that. It is nice to know, but i will train you.
Thanks for the info. Just wanted to have an idea of what's being used out there.

Regards.
- J'ai vu une maison de cent mille francs.
- Comme c'est joli!

Offline pinkman

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 07:15:50 pm »
You should offer this as an online/work from home position so that someone doesn't have to live in that pseudo-necropolis... How many bags of blood are they charging for a square foot of apartment space these days?  Do they also ask for your firstborn in down payment?  If you say that the president is good for the economy, are you immediately fired?  :-DD

Offline NorthGuy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 03:55:10 pm »
Wouldn't it be more beneficial to automate footprint creation? I once needed to create footprints for many test sockets (for example a socket where you can plug in TQFP). They have a kind of complicated TH pattern and lots of pins. It took me 20 minutes to create a small program to generate a footprint.

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 10:00:15 pm »
Wouldn't it be more beneficial to automate footprint creation? I once needed to create footprints for many test sockets (for example a socket where you can plug in TQFP). They have a kind of complicated TH pattern and lots of pins. It took me 20 minutes to create a small program to generate a footprint.
For stuff like that there are wizards. it's the non-standard stuff . special connectors, custom parts , relays, thru hole resistors with various pitches.
Then there's all the courtyard requirements, every footprint has an embedded 3d model (step file ) that has to be made accurately ( no grey blobs... but mechanically accurate models). The wizards only go so far ...

Footprints need crosschecking between suppliers. ( a NXP sot23 is NOT the same as a diodes-inc SOT23 .. to the point that, if you use NXP's recommended footprint , you end up with soldering issues trying to put a diodes inc on there. for every new part requested the existing footprint needs a crosscheck if it will work. )

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 05:11:07 am »
In deed.
On a quest to find increasingly complicated ways to blink things

Offline mrjoda

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 02:49:16 pm »
Hi free_electron,