Author Topic: Madparts-footprint: Another footprint editor  (Read 2776 times)

Offline GodzilTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • My own blog
Madparts-footprint: Another footprint editor
« on: August 19, 2015, 10:34:18 am »
Hi, I found a while ago another footprint editor, which is based on a programmation language (Coffee if I'm not mistaken):

http://madparts.org/footprint.html

It take a bit to understand how it works, as the documentation is really light, but I generated all my latest footprint with it and it worked really well, and allow to build a lots of different parts.

The "best" part is that when you edit your definition script, the live view update accordingly to your changes, and when you have finished, you can export to KiCad, but not only, it support different format like Eagle, gEDA and potentially much more, this app also store it's own database of footprint, and come with a quite handy default library.

I think it's at least worth a try, as it is much better than the KiCad footprint editor ;)

Edit: I was wrong gEDA is not currently supported, but I don't think it's a big loss :p ;)
When you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective.
-- Yokoi Gunpei

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf