Author Topic: Problem building Kicad for Windows  (Read 7051 times)

Offline Twistx77Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Problem building Kicad for Windows
« on: March 13, 2014, 11:15:58 am »
Hi,

I've been trying to build kicad for Windows for many days already with no luck so far. I've been able to easily build it for Linux but the winbuilder is a big pain.

At first I had errors with GLEW but then I downloaded the glew files my self and added them to the build directory.

Now it just say the build hasn't been succesful and that I should look to the logs. I've looked the logs and I get "CMake Error: The source directory "C:/kicad-winbuilder/kicad-winbuilder-3.3/src/kicad" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt."

Then I check the kicad sources and they haven't been downloaded... I have no kicad sources at all, so they haven't been downloaded, but that is not what the builder says:

-- KiCad-Winbuilder V3.3
-- Build type: Release
-- Checking for environment problems
-- Checking for installed Bazaar
-- Checking for installed MinGW compiler
-- Using installed MinGW compiler, version: 4.8.1
-- Checking for wxPython
-- Downloading Latest Library Archive...
-- Checking for KiCad Documentation latest source
-- Updating KiCad Documentation source from bazaar head
-- Checking for BZIP2
-- Checking for GLEW
-- Found GLEW
-- Checking for Cairo
-- Found Cairo
-- Checking for KiCad latest source code
-- Updating KiCad source code from bazaar head
-- Cleaning PCBNEW Python files to ensure good build...
-- Using KiCad Options:
-- -DKICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
-- -DKICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
-- -DKICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
-- -DPYTHON_ROOT_DIR=C:/kicad-winbuilder/kicad-winbuilder-3.3/env/python
-- -DBUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON
--
 Configuring KiCad ( Release )
-- Building Release version of KiCad revision: 4744

-- KiCad Release was NOT built successfully! Please view the logs
Press any key to continue. . .

I could try to download the sources myself but I would like to try to fix the builder first.

Any help?

Thank you.

Offline HackedFridgeMagnet

• Super Contributor
Re: Problem building Kicad for Windows
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 01:21:10 am »
I have had similar troubles.

Mine seems to compile but fails in the link. Unfortunately I cant really fathom the error messages.

Did you look in log/make_Release_stderr.log and log/make_Release_stdout.log?

Here is the last few lines of stdout.log
Code: [Select]
[ 76%] Building CXX object pcbnew/CMakeFiles/_pcbnew.dir/__/common/dialogs/dialog_page_settings.cpp.obj
[ 76%] Building CXX object pcbnew/CMakeFiles/_pcbnew.dir/__/common/base_units.cpp.obj
Linking CXX shared module _pcbnew.pyd
pcbnew\CMakeFiles\_pcbnew.dir\build.make:5480: recipe for target 'pcbnew/_pcbnew.pyd' failed
CMakeFiles\Makefile2:1000: recipe for target 'pcbnew/CMakeFiles/_pcbnew.dir/all' failed
Makefile:115: recipe for target 'all' failed

and stderr.log

Code: [Select]
io_mgr.h(517) : Warning 325: Nested class not currently supported (RELEASER ignored)
C:\KicadBuild\kicad-winbuilder-3-3\src\kicad\pcbnew\..\include\base_struct.h(332) : Warning 401: Nothing known about base class 'KIGFX::VIEW_ITEM'. Ignored.
pcb_plot_params.h(40) : Warning 401: Nothing known about base class 'PCB_PLOT_PARAMS_LEXER'. Ignored.
io_mgr.h(41) : Warning 401: Nothing known about base class 'std::map< std::string,UTF8 >'. Ignored.
io_mgr.h(41) : Warning 401: Maybe you forgot to instantiate 'std::map< std::string,UTF8 >' using %template.
In file included from C:/KicadBuild/kicad-winbuilder-3-3/env/python/include/Python.h:8:0,
                 from C:/KicadBuild/kicad-winbuilder-3-3/src/kicad/scripting/python_scripting.h:13,
                 from C:\KicadBuild\kicad-winbuilder-3-3\src\kicad\pcbnew\pcbframe.cpp:73:
C:/KicadBuild/kicad-winbuilder-3-3/env/python/include/pyconfig.h:759:0: warning: "HAVE_WCHAR_H" redefined [enabled by default]
 #define HAVE_WCHAR_H 1
 ^
In file included from C:/KicadBuild/kicad-winbuilder-3-3/build/wxPython-cmake-mswu-gcc_dll_cm-3.0.0-win32/include/wx/debug.h:19:0,
                 from C:/KicadBuild/kicad-winbuilder-3-3/build/wxPython-cmake-mswu-gcc_dll_cm-3.0.0-win32/include/wx/defs.h:688,
                 from C:/KicadBuild/kicad-winbuilder-3-3/build/wxPython-cmake-mswu-gcc_dll_cm-3.0.0-win32/include/wx/wx.h:14,
                 from C:/KicadBuild/kicad-winbuilder-3-3/src/kicad/include/fctsys.h:7,
                 from C:\KicadBuild\kicad-winbuilder-3-3\src\kicad\pcbnew\pcbframe.cpp:32:
C:/KicadBuild/kicad-winbuilder-3-3/build/wxPython-cmake-mswu-gcc_dll_cm-3.0.0-win32/include/wx/chartype.h:52:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
         #define HAVE_WCHAR_H
 ^
..\common\libpcbcommon.a(ratsnest_data.cpp.obj):ratsnest_data.cpp:(.text+0x6ec9): undefined reference to `GOMP_loop_ull_guided_start'
..\common\libpcbcommon.a(ratsnest_data.cpp.obj):ratsnest_data.cpp:(.text+0x6f13): undefined reference to `GOMP_loop_ull_guided_next'
..\common\libpcbcommon.a(ratsnest_data.cpp.obj):ratsnest_data.cpp:(.text+0x6f1c): undefined reference to `GOMP_loop_end_nowait'
..\common\libpcbcommon.a(ratsnest_data.cpp.obj):ratsnest_data.cpp:(.text+0x6f87): undefined reference to `GOMP_parallel_start'
..\common\libpcbcommon.a(ratsnest_data.cpp.obj):ratsnest_data.cpp:(.text+0x6f94): undefined reference to `GOMP_parallel_end'
c:/kicadbuild/kicad-winbuilder-3-3/env/mingw-w64/mingw32/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../i686-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: ..\common\libpcbcommon.a(ratsnest_data.cpp.obj): bad reloc address 0x2 in section `.text$_ZN5boost6detail17sp_counted_impl_pISt6vectorINS_10shared_ptrIN3hed4EdgeEEESaIS6_EEED1Ev[__ZN5boost6detail17sp_counted_impl_pISt6vectorINS_10shared_ptrIN3hed4EdgeEEESaIS6_EEED1Ev]'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
mingw32-make[2]: *** [pcbnew/_pcbnew.pyd] Error 1
mingw32-make[1]: *** [pcbnew/CMakeFiles/_pcbnew.dir/all] Error 2
mingw32-make: *** [all] Error 2

From what I gather the windows building is not very stable at the moment. So I will wait.

Offline liquibyte

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 01:34:13 am »
It's not just the windows build that's not stable.  I just tried again today to build Kicad on Archlinux and it fails in similar spectacular fashion.  They have a custom toolchain that, I gather, is generally the issue though they say it's to make the developers lives easier.

Offline scientist

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
  • User banned.
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 01:16:56 am »
My win7 64bit build has been working fine since I installed it a year or two ago, haven't touched it since.

Offline HackedFridgeMagnet

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 02:41:09 am »
for windows:
 the last stable build is fine (4022 july 2013) and the last successful development build is 4740 is also fine but I had a bit of trouble finding the library table.
I can run older projects with the stable build but I will do new projects with the new library system using the latest build that I can.

The builder is currently not building due to something in the recent changes in the source. They say they are working on it.

Offline Rigby

• Super Contributor
  • Learning, very new at this. Righteous Asshole, too
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 02:29:49 pm »
thank you.  I was having this exact issue.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf