Author Topic: Aluminum PCB for Front Panel  (Read 8506 times)

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
Re: Aluminum PCB for Front Panel
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2018, 06:20:48 pm »
Nobody from USA has complained about my comment but you, my fellow countrymen !  :P

:)
Maybe because we don’t need to be taking language advice from a pissant non-native speaker? (I’m American. In American English we spell it with just one “i”. End of story.)

Or have you forgotten how your country’s language is actually the same as two of your neighbor’s, originally considered one language, but now considered separate due to purely political reasons, and that you don’t even share the same alphabet? And you’re complaining about minor spelling difference?!  :horse:

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2018, 07:13:25 pm »
Nobody from USA has complained about my comment but you, my fellow countrymen !  :P

:)
Maybe because we don’t need to be taking language advice from a pissant non-native speaker? (I’m American. In American English we spell it with just one “i”. End of story.)

Or have you forgotten how your country’s language is actually the same as two of your neighbor’s, originally considered one language, but now considered separate due to purely political reasons, and that you don’t even share the same alphabet? And you’re complaining about minor spelling difference?!  :horse:

And again, was THAT really necessary?

I corrected him because he was wrong.  And so are you. It is not that simple.
You obviously don't know much about the particular topic so please don't make authoritative statements like that.

Topic is Aluminium (Aluminum, Al, Atomic number: 13) front panels.. Not who can make worse insults to foreign nationality.

Regards,
Sinisa

The following users thanked this post: M4trix

Offline M4trix

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2018, 07:23:23 pm »
My post was supposed to be a joke but someone like tooki is using it as a political provocation. I know all about aluminium and aluminum but obviously tooki has no clue or pretends that he has no clue about my language and the language that my neighbors are speaking.  :-- 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 07:25:47 pm by M4trix »

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2018, 08:40:39 pm »
Actually I studied linguistics. It’s an oversimplification, but it’s also not wrong. Serbo-Croatian is one language (with various dialects, of course), but thanks to the war, it’s now treated politically as separate languages even though they’re not.

Did I choose this example to be provocative? Damned right I did. I’m completely done with playing nice when people attack my native language, especially about dialect issues where there is no right and wrong, just different accepted varieties.

Maybe Europeans should just stop being pricks and insulting Americans over our English at every opportunity. (And yes, you do it all the time.) It’s not funny when it happens in every damned discussion. (Like the comments in every. fucking. video. about. soldering. made by an American.)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 08:43:15 pm by tooki »

The following users thanked this post: Bassman59

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2018, 08:51:14 pm »
*Thank you* "this is the answer to my prayers"  LOL, just kidding, but several of my projects need decent front panels really badly.

My own efforts just don't turn out as well as Ive hoped and I really need this kind of option.

How many do they make you buy to get that price? (all of my projects so far are one offs, or just for myself, not mass production)
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline whalphenTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2018, 10:12:14 pm »
I ordered only five panels.  I'm very satisfied with them.  They're far better than anything I've fabricated myself.  And the price was low.  The panels I ordered were 1 mm thick.  Next time I'll go for something a bit thicker because the 1 mm panels flex easily.

I frequently do projects and have been looking for a good solution for enclosures and panels.  I found an inexpensive enclosure on AliExpress that's easy to work with.  (Search for 6.7" x 5.1" x 3.1" Blue Metal Enclosure Project Case).  It can be purchased with or without front and back panels.  I'll be getting some generic panels made -- with a cutout for an LCD and a mounting hole for a rotary encoder.  This combination can be used for lots of projects.  Behind the LCD I can mount an Arduino or a custom board.  I've also been working on a flexible, table-driven menu structure/ user interface that works with the LCD and encoder.  Now I can focus on the circuit designs for my projects and not have to spend much time on the enclosure and user interface.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf