Author Topic: Assembly?  (Read 7444 times)

Offline ARGLaserTopic starter

• Contributor
Assembly?
« on: January 12, 2014, 07:18:03 am »
Hey everyone,

I'm looking into having my boards assembled for me, and I want to know if there's any standard cheap place that everyone uses (similar to how most people get cheap PCB's from iTead/seed)

I need 20 panels to be fabricated, with 6 boards on each panel.  Nothing major, 10 BOM lines, 144 parts per panel, mostly 0603 parts.  The only thing that could cause problems are two MSOP packages on each board.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Re: Assembly?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 08:29:36 am »
Use one that is close to you.
But you haven't specified your country or city, so that doesn't help.

Offline andtfoot

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 08:52:24 am »
From a previous post, it appears the OP is in Canada.

Offline HackedFridgeMagnet

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 11:41:19 am »
Doesn't Seeed do assembly as well as PCB if you use their standard parts library.

Buts it's bound to be missing something you need.

Offline 8086

• Super Contributor
    • Circuitology - Electronics Assembly
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 11:48:56 am »
http://www.circuitology.com

It's in the UK.

(Disclaimer: It's my business.)

Lurch

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 02:36:27 pm »
It's in the UK.

Are you sure? The website contains absolutely no information on the subject of company details or geographical location. Without you saying it is in the UK I would say it was a Chinese co with a .co.uk website, that's their usual trick.

Offline 8086

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 02:37:32 pm »
It's in the UK.

Are you sure? The website contains absolutely no information on the subject of company details or geographical location. Without you saying it is in the UK I would say it was a Chinese co with a .co.uk website, that's their usual trick.

http://circuitology.com/about/

We are based in the UK, so have excellent UK and overseas connections.

I don't publish my address on the website for security reasons but it is of course available to my customers. A few forum members have used my service so perhaps if they see this they can vouch for me.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 02:44:20 pm by 8086 »

Lurch

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 02:50:33 pm »
http://circuitology.com/about/

Bit vague.

I don't publish my address on the website for security reasons but it is of course available to my customers.

Your choice, but was just saying there is nothing there that would make me think about using your services due to not being able to verify the fact there is a real business behind the website. It's also in some legislation somewhere that businesses should display the trading address on company documents and websites but most people seem to ignore this.

Offline 8086

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 02:55:18 pm »
Your choice, but was just saying there is nothing there that would make me think about using your services due to not being able to verify the fact there is a real business behind the website. It's also in some legislation somewhere that businesses should display the trading address on company documents and websites but most people seem to ignore this.

I should point out that I'm not merely paranoid about having my address online; I have real concerns with some real people which makes privacy an issue, and just like customers can vet me, I like to (to some extent) vet my customers. For example if someone is unable to fill the quote form with realistic information, I probably won't give them my address. Works out better all round, I think. It's not just a one-way street.

I don't do any business via my website, it is merely first contact. All customers receive my full address before they make payment.

All my invoices have my address on them. I'm operating within the law. I'm not a company, just a business.

I appreciate the concern but not publishing my address hasn't stopped me having a successful business.

Maybe I'll look into getting a PO box address, but then wouldn't that look even more dodgy than no address at all? After all, you can't use a PO box for legally serving documents etc. So what security would it offer? None. So the only option is to publish my business address, which is also my home address, which isn't going to happen.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 03:12:59 pm by 8086 »

Offline peter.mitchell

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 03:32:29 pm »

I should point out that I'm not merely paranoid about having my address online; I have real concerns with some real people which makes privacy an issue, and just like customers can vet me, I like to (to some extent) vet my customers. For example if someone is unable to fill the quote form with realistic information, I probably won't give them my address. Works out better all round, I think. It's not just a one-way street.

I don't do any business via my website, it is merely first contact. All customers receive my full address before they make payment.

All my invoices have my address on them. I'm operating within the law. I'm not a company, just a business.

I appreciate the concern but not publishing my address hasn't stopped me having a successful business.

Maybe I'll look into getting a PO box address, but then wouldn't that look even more dodgy than no address at all? After all, you can't use a PO box for legally serving documents etc. So what security would it offer? None. So the only option is to publish my business address, which is also my home address, which isn't going to happen.

I think the information you provide on the website is sufficient, especially as it is only to make first contact.
However, as a phone number in the UK requires ID to acquire, I would suggest putting a phone, fax (even if they are the same, and outdated) and an email address (even if it is just a forwarder or something), i and a lot of people don't like using the contact us forms as it seems like your message just disappeared into the abyss, at least with real e-mail you get a "couldn't be delivered" message generally.

Lurch

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2014, 03:52:18 pm »

[...]

Regardless of that, the website is still vague with absolutely no information whatsoever. Obviously you can do whatever you like and this isn't necessarily all about you as loads of people do this, but I wouldn't bother even filling the form in as there is absolutely no company details, not even a phone number or email address. A lot of people will leave without even bothering to fill in the form and go somewhere else. As you say, you have customers, you are happy with the amount you have so great, leave it like that. The previous comments are a generalisation and not targeted just at you.

Offline 8086

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2014, 03:57:49 pm »
Regardless of that, the website is still vague with absolutely no information whatsoever. Obviously you can do whatever you like and this isn't necessarily all about you as loads of people do this, but I wouldn't bother even filling the form in as there is absolutely no company details, not even a phone number or email address. A lot of people will leave without even bothering to fill in the form and go somewhere else. As you say, you have customers, you are happy with the amount you have so great, leave it like that. The previous comments are a generalisation and not targeted just at you.

Righto. Believe me, I would love to be able to publish my address. But I totally understand your cautious approach to online businesses.

I think the information you provide on the website is sufficient, especially as it is only to make first contact.
However, as a phone number in the UK requires ID to acquire, I would suggest putting a phone, fax (even if they are the same, and outdated) and an email address (even if it is just a forwarder or something), i and a lot of people don't like using the contact us forms as it seems like your message just disappeared into the abyss, at least with real e-mail you get a "couldn't be delivered" message generally.

Believe it or not, getting a phone number here doesn't require ID - you can register for skype, and get a skype number that looks identical to a geographical number (with whatever area code you desire) without any ID.

I will certainly put my email address on there, thanks for bringing that to my attention. I hadn't even considered it with the other ways to get in touch I have being on there already.

Anyway, sorry OP! Your thread, not mine.

Offline ARGLaserTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2014, 02:41:51 am »

Don't know why my country didn't show up.  Could have sworn it was in there when I registered.

The closest place would be across the border in the USA, I don't think there is anything in my province. (BC) If I'm going to do this out of country and pay duties I may as well do it in China where it's cheap :p

Offline TommyGunn

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2014, 04:44:03 am »
I'm actually located in Alberta and have a pick and place line. We mostly do prototype and small production runs.

I also sent you a PM

Offline Alphatronique

• Regular Contributor
    • Alphatronique Inc.
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 03:23:04 am »
HI

was bit far away (Quebec) at least if you what to try the Quote tool 

http://www.alphatronique.com/instant-quote/

not the lower cost ,but i assume it
we do quality job and we find solution were other may fail .. ..

and yep my english was broke but you knot in Quebec  :palm:
Marc Lalonde CID.  IPC Certified PCB Designer.
Alphatroniqe inc.   www.alphatronique.com

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf