Author Topic: EasyEDA PCB Manufacturing  (Read 15494 times)

Offline mohitgargTopic starter

EasyEDA PCB Manufacturing
« on: May 23, 2016, 01:11:18 pm »
Hi,

Been a lurker for a while, just joined. I was in the process of ordering some PCBs and based on prices on PCB-Shopper (Great site BTW!), Easy EDA seems to be the cheapest. My question though is, how good are they? Has anyone on the forum used their service in the past?

TIA

Offline ROBOT

• Contributor
Re: EasyEDA PCB Manufacturing
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 07:16:23 pm »
Just curious what are your board specs and pricing? I do not want to design a board with them to see the price.

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 07:17:31 am »
You can make your boards in whatever tool you want and then import the gerber files.

I've placed an order for a few designs, ranging from 50*7mm to 110*300mm. Also getting a stencil through them.

So far the customer support has been excellent. I'll report back on the quality, once I get these in hand.

Offline alan.green@gmail.com

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 04:07:48 am »
Just curious what are your board specs and pricing? I do not want to design a board with them to see the price.

There is a pricing calculator at https://easyeda.com/order. The cheapest option is for 10pcs of 50mmx50mm boards, which comes to 9.8USD. 10pcs of 100mmx100mm boards is 17.6USD. For larger boards, 5pcs is cheaper than 10pcs. Definitely worthwhile messing around with the pricing calculator.

Prices don't include shipping. Standard shipping is "From $6" according to https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/PCBOrder.htm.

I pay for expedited shipping (about 30USD depending on weight, but my boards tend to be on the large side) to Australia. The boards take 8 days to arrive: 4 days for manufacture and 4 days for shipping.

Been happy with the two boards I've got back so far.

Offline jefflieu

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 12:50:24 pm »
Good place.
I used their online tools as well. So far so good.
The tool is not perfect but I think it's pretty stable and amazing if you don't need fancy features ...

I've just received the boards today. 10 2-layer boards for 22USD, shipping is 11USD from China to Australia.
I took 4 or 5 days from placing order to ship, and another 10 days to arrive at my place. Not so bad.
I think these guys are the best deal
Just note that you're not allowed to update gerber once you've submitted the design.

i love Melbourne

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 11:33:51 am »
I placed my order a couple of weeks back. They shipped the PCBs in three days and since i used the express (DHL) shipping, I got them in just 2 days.

Service was great; Eric, the representative over email was very accommodating of changes and such. Also got a Stencil from them. $19 for a SS stencil, usable size 29x19cm.

PCBs are great (But I'm no expert), mask, holes (invluding vias) are spot on, and there were solder mask wells between some of the more fine pitch pads.

I'll post some scans and in-depth review later.

Offline jefflieu

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 12:18:30 pm »
They were accomodating to changes? Hm ....  I submitted by order via online tool on Sunday and after a few hours I realized my mistake and email support@easyeda.com but on Monday I got reply from them stating that It was not possible to change gerber as gerber had been sent directly to Fab house ... they asked me to cancel order .... anyway not a big deal ...

After playing around, I feel that the thin (0.5mm) pads are quite easy to come off compared to those boards in my company
i love Melbourne

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 01:07:45 pm »
I'm yet to solder up my PCB, so no idea about the pads lifting.

Offline kony

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 11:28:57 am »
Anyone else has expirience with their PCB manufacturing service? Prices especially for 4 layer PCBs are very tempting, but I'd rather like to hear some more opinions on quality.

Offline signality

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2016, 10:21:59 am »
I have used them to design, simulate and fab a few 2 layer boards:

https://easyeda.com/example/Automotive_12V_to_USB_5V_2A_output_power_adapter_-L1xrlfxrJ

https://easyeda.com/example/Tesseract_Guitar_Practice_Amp-MjP71jBni

and a couple of 4 layers.

The quality is excellent: as good as any I've had from much more expensive suppliers.

There's a thread on their site asking much the same with a couple of pictures from users:

https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Whos_ordered_PCBs_-L71VduMGY

I'm a bit puzzled by jefflieu's comment:

After playing around "I feel that the thin (0.5mm) pads are quite easy to come off compared to those boards in my company".

* What does the 0.5mm refer to?

* Is the comparison with the same dimension pads on a board "in my company"?

* Is the board stackup and copper areas/distribution the same between the boards being compared?

* Same soldering profile (temperature and materials)?

Offline technotronix

• Regular Contributor
    • PCB Assembly
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2016, 07:41:14 am »
I had pretty good experience with them. Faster delivery, Affordable price, High quality.

Offline forrestc

• Supporter
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2016, 08:30:16 am »
Hi,

Been a lurker for a while, just joined. I was in the process of ordering some PCBs and based on prices on PCB-Shopper (Great site BTW!), Easy EDA seems to be the cheapest. My question though is, how good are they? Has anyone on the forum used their service in the past?

TIA

So far I've bought somewhere around 1500 circuit boards from them, mostly 4 layer.   And a couple of stencils.

No problems.  They're now my preferred vendor for boards.

Offline jefflieu

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2016, 01:08:55 pm »
I have used them to design, simulate and fab a few 2 layer boards:

https://easyeda.com/example/Automotive_12V_to_USB_5V_2A_output_power_adapter_-L1xrlfxrJ

https://easyeda.com/example/Tesseract_Guitar_Practice_Amp-MjP71jBni

and a couple of 4 layers.

The quality is excellent: as good as any I've had from much more expensive suppliers.

There's a thread on their site asking much the same with a couple of pictures from users:

https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Whos_ordered_PCBs_-L71VduMGY

I'm a bit puzzled by jefflieu's comment:

After playing around "I feel that the thin (0.5mm) pads are quite easy to come off compared to those boards in my company".

* What does the 0.5mm refer to?

* Is the comparison with the same dimension pads on a board "in my company"?

* Is the board stackup and copper areas/distribution the same between the boards being compared?

* Same soldering profile (temperature and materials)?
0.5mm is the width of the pad.
The my board stack-up is 2 layer and the ones in my company is 12 :D... totally different I know
I'm comparing when i hand solder the components on.
I'm soldering at 320oC. The pad would come off if I solder it for too long (bad skill).
It's much better now with proper flux and soldering tips.

:)
i love Melbourne

Offline Harvs

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2016, 10:33:37 pm »
Last week I sent off a 4-layer design with 0.4mm vias and 4/4mil trace & space.  It's still being fab'ed.

They were quite a bit cheaper than everyone else with these requirements, and one of the few that I could just upload a design to easily.  The 0.4mm vias ruled out a lot of the usual suspects like PCBway. I'll upload some scans when they get back.

My only observation so far is they don't work over the Chinese holidays. So I submitted the board last Wednesday and they didn't look at it until the following Monday without any indication when ordering.  Where as PCBway seem to just keep on rolling 365 days.  I have nothing against people taking breaks, it would just be great if the board houses could build this somehow into their ordering system to notify you before ordering.

Offline kony

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2016, 09:01:28 pm »
0,4mm as for annular ring? What was the drill dia?

Offline Harvs

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2016, 01:11:32 am »
As in 0.2mm drill size with a 0.1mm annular ring, giving a total outer diameter of 0.4mm.

Offline Harvs

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2016, 07:23:35 am »
Problem is a 3 day holiday then turns into a week before my board moves to the factory because of the backlog that builds up over those three days.  Then the factory has a backlog on top of that.  My last 2-layer, green, 10x10 board with itead ended up taking 2.5 weeks to fab from me submitting it because of a holiday of some sort.

Again, I don't have a problem with it (we have public holidays here to).  Just I seem to get caught out quite a bit, other than with PCBway.

Offline Harvs

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2016, 08:38:37 am »
I got my boards back.  Look nice, I can't show the whole board as it's a commercial project, but here's a crop of part of the finer pitch BGA.

The tracks are 4/4mil

BGA is a 0.65mm pitch and vias are 0.2mm drill with 0.1mm annular radius.

Obviously this isn't their cheapest service though.

The following users thanked this post: jefflieu

Offline jefflieu

• Contributor
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2016, 09:38:32 pm »
I got my boards back.  Look nice, I can't show the whole board as it's a commercial project, but here's a crop of part of the finer pitch BGA.

The tracks are 4/4mil

BGA is a 0.65mm pitch and vias are 0.2mm drill with 0.1mm annular radius.

Obviously this isn't their cheapest service though.
Are you using 1oz or 2oz Copper layer?
So far, are they OK with component soldering/removing?

i love Melbourne

Offline Harvs

• Super Contributor
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2016, 11:00:52 am »
Are you using 1oz or 2oz Copper layer?
So far, are they OK with component soldering/removing?

All 1oz.

They've been fine soldering, no complaints.  But I haven't abused them with lots of hand soldering.

I've also got castellations on the board perimeter and they've held up fine to multiple solder/de-solder cycles.

I've just got back a second prototype run (re-spin of this board).  They switch to Fedex from DHL as apparently DHL was slow. I never had a problem with DHL, but Fedex was pretty slow. Sounds like it might be some teething issues with their Fedex customs process which they're working on.

The following users thanked this post: jefflieu

Offline richardlawson1489

• Regular Contributor
    • PCB Assembly
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2017, 07:29:07 am »
I had pretty good experience with PCBshoppers. Even another option you can consider is pcbway, pcbcart, ebay, etc.

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2017, 07:49:48 pm »
Ordered recently, standard two layer board, a few plated slots. Best quality I've seen from any of the cheap services, near perfect.
They also do combined orders with lcsc.com, which has a ton of parts (micro usb connectors, tons of passives, switches, etc.). Its not quite digikey level packaging but close, everything is labeled well.
Costs for passives or connectors (JST) are about 1/10 digikey.

I did ask for epacket shipping, and they never read or saw the note and shipped regular air. So it took a long time to arrive. DHL of course is an option, but would be $15 and $15+ taxes.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

The following users thanked this post: evb149

Offline stmdude

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2017, 08:39:32 pm »
I was a customer until recently. I have no issues with their boards or pricing, but they've been caught doing "marketing" here by creating undercover accounts and posting fictional experiences.

See: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/manufacture/can-anyone-recommend-a-cheap-easy-to-deal-with-pcb-manufacturer/msg1292400/#msg1292400

I'm no longer a customer of theirs.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf