Author Topic: How is your Yamaha feeder doing?  (Read 8882 times)

Offline AJ Quick

Re: How is your Yamaha feeder doing?
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2018, 08:45:21 pm »
You may need to show me where the rubber band goes exactly. Around the portion that holds down the tape to the cog?

I went and added a regulator to precisely control the feeders. Now some of them work perfectly and some throw chips but its not as severe as it once was. I have a feeling you are right about them needing to be broken in a bit too. Thanks for the tip about tape thicknesses too.

Edit: Qihe seems to believe my issue is with the chips being blown by the nozzle rather than the feeders momentum causing the problem. This makes sense because they all feed properly when I'm doing it manually without the nozzle nearby. Do you happen to have an air assist to (presumably) puff the chips off of the nozzles?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 01:06:56 am by AJ Quick »

Offline ar__systemsTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2018, 01:38:58 pm »
How can they be blown by the nozzle, when the nozzle *sucks* air? Even if they do blow air in between pickups, I don't think the air stream from 503 nozzle could possibly move 0603 part from 15mm height.

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2018, 05:31:05 pm »
How can they be blown by the nozzle, when the nozzle *sucks* air? Even if they do blow air in between pickups, I don't think the air stream from 503 nozzle could possibly move 0603 part from 15mm height.

On my Yamahas the nozzles, both suck and blow air. the part is 'blown' off the nozzle when it is placed.  Otherwise they would stick to the nozzle.   However it its happenign at pick up, somthing is wrong.
On a quest to find increasingly complicated ways to blink things

Offline AJ Quick

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2018, 06:09:22 pm »

Yeah there is a little aquarium pump that blows a tiny bit of air through the nozzle. Apparently Qihe's implementation is poor and it is always blowing air.  :-//

Disabling the blower fixed my problem of the chips coming out. I just hope they don't get stuck to the nozzles now.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 07:29:41 pm by AJ Quick »

Offline mrx

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2020, 07:04:17 am »
We are building our smd layout. Stop at Chinese copies of yamaha feeders. We cannot find the characteristics of the compressed air system. Tell me what pressure should be in the system?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf