Author Topic: Laboratory oven -> Reflow oven?  (Read 8248 times)

Offline luiHS

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Laboratory oven -> Reflow oven?
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2018, 03:01:08 am »
A sterilization furnace like that has no control to apply a welding curve, nor fans to maintain precise control of temperature.
For sure, but question was that could this be modified to that use.

It may be that you can add temperature sensors and electronic control with PID to apply a welding curve, but I do not think you can add fans. The precise and constant control requires both, heaters and coolers (fans).
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 03:14:40 am by luiHS »

Offline luiHS

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2018, 03:07:24 am »
Keep it for drying moisture from boards and components.
Thats maybe best one :)

Thanks for the help for everyone. Where i can find info of those different models of those T-9xxx ovens? And what modifications are recommended

EDIT: seems that here is quite good info about T-962A oven: https://esden.net/2017/11/27/upgrading-a-t962a-reflow-oven/

EDIT2: https://github.com/UnifiedEngineering/T-962-improvements

You can find all the T962x on Aliexpress and Ebay. I ordered my T962C from a Chinese, but with shipping from Germany, ideal for Europe to avoid customs taxes.

On the improvement, one is to replace the masking tape with Kapton tape, for more precise control of temperature, improved performance and lower consumption. Also some firmware update. In any case, I have all my original T962x, never modified and work very well. I prefer not to modify them.

The only thing I do not like is that when the welding time is over (7 minutes), it starts beeping and does not stop until you press the STOP button. I guess it will be one of the improvements to the firmware update.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 03:11:21 am by luiHS »

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2018, 09:23:50 am »
I have a T962A and T962C, and I am very happy, they work very well, I also had the smallest model that I sold to buy the biggest ones.
AFAIK they work 'well' only if you reflow single pieces of small boards. Once you start reflowing large boards, hot/cold spots become a huge problem.

Offline luiHS

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2018, 12:38:29 am »
I have a T962A and T962C, and I am very happy, they work very well, I also had the smallest model that I sold to buy the biggest ones.
AFAIK they work 'well' only if you reflow single pieces of small boards. Once you start reflowing large boards, hot/cold spots become a huge problem.

Most of my PCB are 380 x 130 mm and everything works perfectly, I even have one of 367 x 177 mm, and there is no problem.

If you have problems with PCB that come out with unwelded components, it is because they are putting too many PCB or they are too big for the capacity of the oven. To avoid that problem, simply do not fill the baking tray beyond 60 or 70% of its capacity, or if you have PCB with many components, weld them one by one or more depending on the size of the PCB and the capacity of the oven.

Right now I am welding several of my PCB, all large, of the dimensions I have mentioned, in my T962C, and they all come out perfect.

Offline flasonsmts

• Contributor
  • !
  • SMT Reflow oven wave soldering machine factory
    • China SMT reflow oven wave soldering machine factory
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2018, 12:51:37 pm »
that reflow oven you suggested is not very good, it's infrared reflow oven , which is invented 60 years ago, the IR reflow oven has too much shortage like big components will take heat from small component, different color component got different heat , black got more, white or silver got few, this will make some component got too much heat increased too fast and be dsitroyed. the temperature diviation on is big different on PCB. So nowadays most reflow oven use the hot air convection heating method.
SMT reflow oven wave soldering machine pick and place machine SMT assembly line https://www.flason-smt.com/

Offline Doctorandus_P

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2018, 01:55:53 pm »
from wat i know about all the different ovens it is best to start with a cheap oven as used in kitchens, and then extend it with a decent temperature controller.

With a hot air oven the temperature will be relatively evenly divided, except for near the hot air outlet. Sometimes these blow too hard and blow components off the pcb.

For an IR grill like oven (these are often the smallest) you can add a metal plate to shield your pcb from direct IR and add a small fan to stir the air a bit.
The motor is preferably outside of the heated compartment, with only yhe axle sticking through.

For really low budget, a scrapped combi mircowave with a worn out microwave tube would be an ideal start. It has the cabinet with look through door, heating elements, fans, relay's and even a low voltage power supply for the temperature controller, and storage space to put it in.

From what I've heard the cheaper purpose built ovens are not so good, unless modified extensively, and the professional ovens are pretty expensive. And that is why a kitchen oven is a decent start for a diy project.

Offline Savl

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2020, 01:02:25 pm »
Hi to every one.
I have T-962A+ reflow oven. It constantly beeping .
Immediately after selecting stand alone mode it start with reflow  (profile 1), I don’t even have time to enter menue to change the reflow  profile, it start to constantly beeping. During operation it stops about half the  cycle, then menu appear , then it starts again from the beginning.  Can anyone help, what may be the problem ?

Thank you in advance

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf