Author Topic: Looking for framed stencil printer  (Read 13038 times)

Offline Spikee

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Looking for framed stencil printer
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2017, 04:50:56 am »
It is directly on top of the support of the table.
And it is actually not that heavy. It will be alright :)
Freelance electronics design service, Small batch assembly, Firmware / WEB / APP development. In Shenzhen China

Offline Corporate666

• Supporter
  • Remember, you are unique, just like everybody else
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2017, 09:26:19 pm »
It seems there have been several different printers that people have bought in this thread.  Now that it's been several days to several weeks since you folks have gotten your printers, do you have any additional comments on how happy you are with them?  Would you buy the same one again?  Is there anything you specifically dislike about your unit or that you would recommend looking out for when purchasing one?

I have a full machine shop here at work so I have the ability and willingness to modify anything I buy, but I would rather buy something that works well right out of the box, if possible, without having to mess around with it. 

I am in the USA - I have no problem buying on Aliexpress, eBay, Amazon, etc... just seems there are so many options and they are all roughly similar.  Lots of people mention flimsy bases.  That's something I think I can solve - would be easy to machine/add a nice thick plate of aluminum as a base.  I'm more worried about accurate holding and positioning of the stencil and PCB and overall functionality/operation of the machine itself.

I have about 10 panelized PCB's that I would be using this for and usually print 2-3 per day.  So it wouldn't be an all-day/every-day thing but it would get regular use.
It's not always the most popular person who gets the job done.

Offline Yellofriend

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2017, 12:43:05 am »
It seems there have been several different printers that people have bought in this thread.  Now that it's been several days to several weeks since you folks have gotten your printers, do you have any additional comments on how happy you are with them?  Would you buy the same one again?

If budget is limited, yes. If not, I rather go for an automatic one with vision.
--------------
TVM802C - now with OpenPnP
T962A

Offline ar__systems

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2017, 12:51:20 am »
It seems there have been several different printers that people have bought in this thread.  Now that it's been several days to several weeks since you folks have gotten your printers, do you have any additional comments on how happy you are with them?  Would you buy the same one again?  Is there anything you specifically dislike about your unit or that you would recommend looking out for when purchasing one?

I have a full machine shop here at work so I have the ability and willingness to modify anything I buy, but I would rather buy something that works well right out of the box, if possible, without having to mess around with it. 

I am in the USA - I have no problem buying on Aliexpress, eBay, Amazon, etc... just seems there are so many options and they are all roughly similar.  Lots of people mention flimsy bases.  That's something I think I can solve - would be easy to machine/add a nice thick plate of aluminum as a base.  I'm more worried about accurate holding and positioning of the stencil and PCB and overall functionality/operation of the machine itself.

It's not just the base. This last one (in the pic with glass table) actually looks much better. Mine with blue base is very crappy. Adjustment is very difficult, both height and position. The pivot thing that connects the frame to the vertical bars has too much play in it.

Offline Spikee

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2017, 01:39:12 am »
Adjustment is a little bit fiddly for the first time that I used it. But it is consistent from pcb to pcb.

One thing I really noticed is how crooked framed solder stencils are. It has some small dents in the alu / metal here and there.
But other than that is is pretty solid. I do not think this model is available on aliexpress etc
Freelance electronics design service, Small batch assembly, Firmware / WEB / APP development. In Shenzhen China

Offline hcglitteTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2017, 01:44:47 am »
Spikee, do you know if there is an English version of the 1688 site? Or could you get hold of the email of the seller?

Offline Spikee

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2017, 05:38:36 am »
I bought it on taoboa (also owns 1688). There are plenty of taoboa agents online that can buy and reship it for you.
(local) DHL is 20 USD with about 4 USD per 0.5kg above the default 0.5kg

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.1f30a53f0LalGZ&id=546293368354&_u=32nhgfl7482b
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 05:42:38 am by Spikee »

Offline Yellofriend

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2017, 01:19:10 am »
if there is an English version of the 1688 site? Or could you get hold of the email of the seller?

There is no English 1688/Taobao, but their websites translate well with Google. You can buy on Taobao with credit card if you are overseas. But note that many, many sellers will not export, so it's better to find a consolidator - or what Spikee mentioned, one of the many Taobao agents. There are plenty of those.

1688 is more of a business platform to make contact, you usually can't straight buy products there. You need to ask, negotiate, etc. - at this point be aware that 98% do not know English.

BTW, people in China rarely use email on those platforms. It's usually AliWangWang (a chat client) or WeChat/QQ.

There are a million pages out their that give some hints on Taobao shopping, so I just post here 2 official Taobao links in English, they have internal logistics to a few countries (SG, MY, HK):

https://sea.taobao.com/howtobuy

https://world.taobao.com/markets/all/15s11/logistics?wh_area=singapore

Just saw there is also USA, AU, CA > https://world.taobao.com/markets/all/logistics-mjax_cn
--------------
T962A

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2017, 09:37:06 am »
Thanks for the tips. I use google with translate option. I tried to click the chat icon and then I installed some SW. I chat SW was impossible to understand - I guess I will have to try one of the agent sites.

Offline Yellofriend

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2017, 02:04:39 pm »
Thanks for the tips. I use google with translate option. I tried to click the chat icon and then I installed some SW. I chat SW was impossible to understand - I guess I will have to try one of the agent sites.

For chat Taobao/1688 uses AliWangWang as client. Now that has an English version and is called (Aliobaba) TradeManager.

But note that most sellers do not know English. For success, be prepared to use some Chinese. There is no shortcut here.
--------------
T962A

Offline Spikee

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2017, 04:04:10 am »
Just pay the few percent to the taoboa agent and have no hassle.
Take the easy way.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2017, 07:59:08 am »
I found this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/high-precious-TK3245-double-side-SMT-PCB-stencil-printer/32827005614.html

it looks almost identical to the one from taobao.

I am also a bit curious about this:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Best-Precision-Screen-Stencil-Printer-YX3040-Pick-and-Place-Robot-Machine-Solder-Paste-Printer-SMT-Mounter/1000001303351.html

It looks like the last one has a bit thin aluminum where you attach the framed stencil though.

Online Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2017, 12:45:35 pm »
I am also a bit curious about this:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Best-Precision-Screen-Stencil-Printer-YX3040-Pick-and-Place-Robot-Machine-Solder-Paste-Printer-SMT-Mounter/1000001303351.html

It looks like the last one has a bit thin aluminum where you attach the framed stencil though.

I've got one like that.  Mine is branded Hanail HN3040B.  The stencil clamp is made from folded steel, so it isn't thick like that other Aluminium one.  Overall it is a very well built & solid unit, with a lot of adjustments.  I acquired it second hand (along with a TM240A) a few months ago from a friend, so I didnt' have to deal with expensive shipping.  But since then I've been very busy with consulting & programming work so I haven't used it yet.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2017, 11:46:43 am »
Thanks for the info! I also found both printers here:
http://www.smtmax.com/category.php?id=2

There is quite a big price step between the two...

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2017, 12:05:15 pm »
I ordered the TK3245 today. Will let you know my experience after testing it.
There are many different sized diameter position support pins that is included, as well as a squeegee and 20 normal support pins.

The following users thanked this post: alexanderbrevig

Offline Corporate666

• Supporter
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2017, 05:49:48 pm »
I got mine in, quite hefty and sturdy, Once tighten up (some bolts were not tight) there seems to be very little play.
will do a test tomorrow when my stencils and boards come in. This one was around 1880 RMB.

I only had a quick look at it. Not fully sure how you actually hold the pcb with the provided tools / standoffs :-DD

Hopefully my stencil pains are gone!

Spikee,

How do you like your stencil printer now that you've had it a while?

I bought the one hgclittle linked to in his post above, the first one, which looks almost the same as yours.  It hasn't arrived yet but it should be here soon.  I would like to hear your comments and thoughts on the good and bad sides of your printer, if you're willing to share.

I noticed that this printer seems to be rare compared to the other style (second link in hctlitte's post).  The second one seems to be available just about everywhere.  But the one I got seems higher precision and I liked the stencil frame holder setup better.  The only places I found it are the aliexpress link and SMTmax.  I bought from Aliexpress - seller has zero feedback and no shipment yet after 4 days so I hope I get it!  >:D

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2017, 07:39:31 pm »
Something to look for, ( which this printer has ) is that it has quite fine pitch for the stand offs. this is really handy.  the standoffs when you go to do double sided can be a real tricky problem as you have to work around parts..  more holes is great.
On a quest to find increasingly complicated ways to blink things

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2017, 10:13:10 pm »
I received mine a while ago, and yes you have to secure all the screws and bolts etc.
The 20 standoffs I received were slightly too short, but the seller shipped me new ones.

I did not like how the 2*X + 1*Y fine alignment adjustment screws were implemented.
When you adjust in one direction, and then screw the opposite way, you must screw many degrees before the plate starts
moving in the other direction. It's clear why this happens when you tear it down to see the inner workings.
It's not a problem, only takes some time to do adjustments.

Offline Corporate666

• Supporter
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2017, 07:05:10 am »
I received mine a while ago, and yes you have to secure all the screws and bolts etc.
The 20 standoffs I received were slightly too short, but the seller shipped me new ones.

I did not like how the 2*X + 1*Y fine alignment adjustment screws were implemented.
When you adjust in one direction, and then screw the opposite way, you must screw many degrees before the plate starts
moving in the other direction. It's clear why this happens when you tear it down to see the inner workings.
It's not a problem, only takes some time to do adjustments.

Just to be clear, you bought this one?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/high-precious-TK3245-double-side-SMT-PCB-stencil-printer/32827005614.html

And you mention not liking the mechanism... do you mean that after you adjusted everything, it operates satisfactorily?  I am not sure how it works internally but I assume the two X adjustments are just loosely connected to the table, so that adjusting one and not the other provides the rotational adjustment due to there being so much looseness.  I was thinking of building my own but the rotational adjustment was the part that seemed tricky to do inexpensively, precisely and with a nice feel.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2017, 08:12:33 am »
Correct, that's the one.

Yes, when adjusted, you secure the plate with two more vertical knobs from beneath the plate and it is steady.

Yes, the two X knobs provides the rotation.

I also have a technoprint printer, and the two X adjustments are much better engineered. But I don't like it for other reasons.
They solved the problem with adding a spring which provides tension in the opposite direction (the moving plate is always pulled in one direction).
I attached a sketch according to my memory. You can see the gaps. When you start turning the knob in the opposite direction, the blue circular end tap (which fitted on the screw end), has to move "all the way" through the gap and then finally touch the plate before it finally can press against the plate and move it.
So, imagine you aligned it too much to the left, then you must turn the knob in the opposite direction "a lot" to fill the gap before the plate actually moves to the right...

Offline SMdude

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2017, 08:28:37 am »
On my 3040 printer, one thing that I have noticed is that you get a fair bit of flex left to right and this made printing fine pitch consistently near impossible.
I ended up drilling a couple of holes in my stencil border and have some pieces of aluminium that I clamp(bolt and wing-nut) in place  to locate and hold the stencil in place once everything is aligned.
Works like a treat now ;)

Offline Pinkus

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2019, 05:16:12 pm »
Unfortunately, many of the links in this thread are now dead, so it is often impossible to assign the different statements to specific printers.
I want to use the 11.11. sale and buy a stencil printer for prototypes and small series. However, it should remain in my budget but should not be too cheap. At the end there are two types left: Puhui and the type 3040.
Has anyone ever compared both? Or does someone own one of the two types and can name the advantages and disadvantages of his printer? Perhaps even with a look at the pictures of other type you can see where it might be better or worse than yours?

I am attaching two links for reference and to show the ones I mean:
3040: https://de.aliexpress.com/item/4000072660332.html
Puhui: https://de.aliexpress.com/item/4000054251379.html
and, as these links might be dead in a few months I am adding also two pictures for helping future readers.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thankx!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf