Author Topic: NA Juki Nozzle Source?  (Read 3120 times)

Offline 1276-2449-1-NDTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
NA Juki Nozzle Source?
« on: March 16, 2018, 08:26:38 pm »
A recently-emptied carrier tape decided it couldn't go on living without its 1K resistors anymore and jumped into the path of a speeding placement head.  :palm:

Anyone know a North America based reseller of Juki compatible nozzles (503 in particular)? Anywhere else is cool too if they have 2-day shipping (usually DHL).

RobotDigg has them, but 7 days is their fastest delivery. I have a set of spare nozzles on the way but they won't get here for at least a week.

Offline ar__systems

• Frequent Contributor
Re: NA Juki Nozzle Source?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 08:30:22 pm »
Are you in Toronto? I could sell you one, or perhaps loan till you get yours.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 12:29:16 am »
Not too far. PM'd.

Offline Koen

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 01:38:16 am »
When I made the first tests runs on my diy pnp, I destroyed a cheap Taobao 0402 nozzle. No worries I thought, I'll call the distributors nearby and pay an extra but it'll be solved tomorrow. One quoted me 476 EUR for one "original", the other quoted 116 EUR for one "compatible" and 167 EUR for one "original". So hey, how much is an official nozzle on your side of the pond ? Like 502 (0402). Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 01:41:21 am by Koen »

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 12:41:19 pm »
I emailed the local Juki distributor but they only deal with industrial sewing machines. I checked out the US distributors and they all seem to be sewing-machine dealers or repair shops.

That was a long shot anyway. Even if they had the part it would likely be crazy expensive.

Offline ar__systems

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 01:44:41 am »
By the way, do you know that you can order just the nozzle tips? $5.50 a piece. Better than buying a full nozzle.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 01:34:42 pm »
I got the nozzle and it works great. The old nozzle would occasionally fail to pick or drop a component and I assumed it was due to the vacuum pressure needing tweaking. But the new nozzle has no problems. Where did you get them? -- I should pick up some more.

I was thinking about getting just the inserts, but didn't know how compatible they were between "brands". The tolerances look pretty tight.

Thanks again!

Offline ar__systems

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 02:30:30 pm »
If it looks ok and is straight but does not pick up it might have sucked in some of the paste. Soak in alcohol and blow with air. Happened to me before. Also the tip can be slightly deformed if you ever ran the nozzle into obstacle. You'll need a microscope to see that.

I got some nozzles from QIHE and some from another source that I could not find now :(

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2018, 04:16:31 pm »
I think it's because there were no rubber o-ring seals on them, unlike the one you sent. I just received sets of replacements from two different places and none of them included the seals either.

Offline ar__systems

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2018, 07:08:28 pm »
I actually stopped using the o-rings. They kind of make for this non-rigid, swaying connection of nozzle to the holder. They also make nozzle a pita to take out of the holder.

Instead I supplemented the holder with additional holder that wraps the nozzle around it's wider part. This way it always sits rigidly in the holder.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf