Author Topic: How to order 10-50 pcs of my own pcb design  (Read 13329 times)

Offline rsfoto

• Contributor
Re: How to order 10-50 pcs of my own pcb design
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2017, 04:14:50 pm »
¿ maybe because we live in a free economy and everybody can set their prices and selling policies as they want ?

¿ and maybe because everybody is free to buy wherever he wants to buy ?

¿ and maybe because nobody forces anybody to buy where they do not want to buy ?

:-//   :-//   :-//   :-//   :-//

Offline NorthGuy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2017, 04:32:20 pm »
It doesn't matter what it costs. All that matters is what customers are prepared to pay.   :popcorn:

It also matters what was advertised. If you get an online quote, get prepared to pay the said amount, then you place an order and then next day you find out that you have to pay extra because you have BGA, multiple designs, used PayPal, used Mastercard etc. etc. So, next time you don't know how much you need to be prepared to pay. Many people (me for example) would prefer firm quotes even if the price was slightly higher.

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2017, 05:19:57 pm »
Maybe because they can ?

Maybe.   But i'm wanting to know at a higher level of certainty than maybe.  I'd really like to hear from Ansonbao why his companys pricing includes charges for having multiple designs on a single pcb.
On a quest to find increasingly complicated ways to blink things

Offline hendorog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2017, 07:04:36 pm »
It doesn't matter what it costs. All that matters is what customers are prepared to pay.   :popcorn:

It also matters what was advertised. If you get an online quote, get prepared to pay the said amount, then you place an order and then next day you find out that you have to pay extra because you have BGA, multiple designs, used PayPal, used Mastercard etc. etc. So, next time you don't know how much you need to be prepared to pay. Many people (me for example) would prefer firm quotes even if the price was slightly higher.

Fair point. So that should be the question, not this naive notion that everyone just passes their costs directly through to their customers and adds a markup.

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2017, 07:20:49 pm »

its a question and a valid one, but its not the question that i'm hoping Anson will provide an answer for, which is why is there an extra charge for putting multiple designs on a single pcb

Fair point. So that should be the question, not this naive notion that everyone just passes their costs directly through to their customers and adds a markup.

Offline ansonbao

• Regular Contributor
  • Never stop learning
    • pcbway
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2017, 03:46:25 am »
I am pcbway manager and you can ask me any questions about pcb technology.
I have a question.  Why can't I put six of my 30x40mm boards into your 100x100mm?
What's the difference to your fab process?   I don't need scoring or routing.
It just seems like an artificial way of increasing sales/profits.

The six pcb is the same design?If yes,we will take this as one panel but will add other material fee.
Not answered.  WHY is there "other material fee"?  What "other material" is there here?  We don't understand? And what difference if same or different designs?  Pattern is pattern.  Holes are holes.  This seems like an arbitrary policy that has nothing to do with technical production complexity.
Here I make a brief explanation:
The reason why the cost of panel pcb will increase is it lower substrate utilization.

PCB substrate is a fixed size, when your board is small, manufacturers can make panel by themselves, so the rate of substrate utilization is high and less waste area, the cost will decrease.

But if your design is panel, the manufacturer must treat your panel as the basic unit, so the rate of substrate utilization is low and the cost will rise. And it need V-cut and route.

And some un-normal panel design is not convenient for engineering data processing and data testing, it will take more time for factory engineers. Such as 5 different kinds pcb in one panel, but no V-cut and slot, if something wrong with just one kind, the entire board has to be scrapped.

For most pcb manufacturers in China, they offer special offer below 100mm*100mm(panel design is not included),like us $5/10pcs. So I suggest you can place order separately to save cost.

I understand someone still have questions, it is a complex process from upload file to completion of pcb production. PCBWay welcome everyone to visit our factory.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 05:45:54 am by ansonbao »
I am PCBWay manager and you can ask me any questions about PCB.

The following users thanked this post: noras

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2017, 04:24:42 am »

For most pcb manufacturers in China, they offer special offer below 100mm*100mm (panel design is not included).So I suggest you can place order separately to save cost.

I understand someone still have questions, it is a complex process from upload file to completion of pcb production. PCBWay welcome everyone to visit our factory.

Thankyou anson that is helpful.   

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf