Author Topic: Neoden 4 pick and place  (Read 593527 times)

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
Re: Neoden 4 pick and place
« Reply #1100 on: October 21, 2016, 09:00:29 am »
ISTR someone mentioned Neoden have a booth in one of the SEG buildings in Shenzen - anyone know exactly where?
I'm in Hong Kong again later this month and may get a chance to sneak off for another SZ day trip :)
SEG is just one building. Pretty much everyone offering kit like Neoden has either a shop or a representative with a shop on there. It's maize like quality makes some of them a little hard to find, though.
For some reason I thought there was a No.2 SEG building but must have mis-remembered something..

The layout can certainly be confusing - so much to see, stuff in the way of sight lines and multiple exits make it hard to keep track of which way you're going.
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1101 on: October 21, 2016, 04:02:27 pm »
ISTR someone mentioned Neoden have a booth in one of the SEG buildings in Shenzen - anyone know exactly where?
I'm in Hong Kong again later this month and may get a chance to sneak off for another SZ day trip :)
SEG is just one building. Pretty much everyone offering kit like Neoden has either a shop or a representative with a shop on there. It's maize like quality makes some of them a little hard to find, though.
For some reason I thought there was a No.2 SEG building but must have mis-remembered something..

The layout can certainly be confusing - so much to see, stuff in the way of sight lines and multiple exits make it hard to keep track of which way you're going.
There are numerous buildings around Hua Qiang Road which are full of electronics companies, including some which at first sight appear to be apartment blocks - usually because they were built as apartment blocks, but ended up filled with small electronics companies. Most of them aren't amenable to anyone who doesn't know exactly who they are going to visit, though. SEG is the key place for the casual visitor, and most things have some sort of representation there.

Offline fcross

« Reply #1102 on: October 21, 2016, 08:53:06 pm »
Good afternoon.

I have changed the interface to Chinese in NeoDen4 software.
Now, I can't change Chinese to English.
I press buttom "English", software restart, and language is Chinese.
Help me please.

My "seting.ini":
[System]
Language=eng

[Serial]
Language=

Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 09:05:37 pm by fcross »

Offline thommo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1103 on: October 21, 2016, 11:33:02 pm »
I believe this is a 'design feature' in the SW App and access is limited and controlled by Neoden.

From my knowledge of others who have posted the same issue, you are now required to contact Neoden directly and request an 'unlock key' or 'registration serial number' from them in order to proceed and swap back to the English language version.

I expect that sell this machine much cheaper in mainland China to 'locals', and this is probably their way of 'ring fencing' products delivered into that market vs overseas users. It's frustratingly poor design, I know.

Good luck with that!

Cheers- Peter

Good afternoon.

I have changed the interface to Chinese in NeoDen4 software.
Now, I can't change Chinese to English.
I press buttom "English", software restart, and language is Chinese.
Help me please.

My "seting.ini":
[System]
Language=eng

[Serial]
Language=

Thanks.

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
« Reply #1104 on: October 22, 2016, 04:05:40 pm »
the neoden store is on the ground floor, and its near one of the front entrances on the left hand side of the building..
On a quest to find increasingly complicated ways to blink things

Offline mva

« Reply #1105 on: October 24, 2016, 11:31:29 am »
If you have the opportunity, would you discuss with them if they are willing to work with Openpnp to get there software running on the Neoden4?
I'm sure Neoden would also benefit from it.

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #1106 on: October 24, 2016, 11:38:35 am »
If you have the opportunity, would you discuss with them if they are willing to work with Openpnp to get there software running on the Neoden4?
I'm sure Neoden would also benefit from it.
I can try, but wouldn't hold your breath - I expect they only have low-level sales people there.

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #1107 on: November 01, 2016, 11:09:12 am »
Saw a machine first hand today at SEG In Shenzen- can't miss them, bang in front of the main entrance.
Bulid quality looks pretty reasonable. Feeder design looks a bit clumsy with the seperate cover tape puller,but $60 for 8mm feeder isn't too bad.
Mentioned the main issues of lack of auto tool change and part height, seems they've had quite a lot of feedback on that, but nothing happenning on those in the immediate future.

The following users thanked this post: rx8pilot, zzattack

Offline coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1108 on: November 01, 2016, 03:51:09 pm »
Saw a machine first hand today at SEG In Shenzen- can't miss them, bang in front of the main entrance.
Bulid quality looks pretty reasonable. Feeder design looks a bit clumsy with the seperate cover tape puller,but $60 for 8mm feeder isn't too bad.
Mentioned the main issues of lack of auto tool change and part height, seems they've had quite a lot of feedback on that, but nothing happenning on those in the immediate future.
Did you compare the Neoden with the other machines you can find around SEG?

Offline rx8pilot

• Super Contributor
  • If you want more money, be more valuable.
« Reply #1109 on: November 01, 2016, 05:16:29 pm »

Auto nozzle changer is a critical necessity for most jobs.
Factory400 - the worlds smallest factory. https://www.youtube.com/c/Factory400

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #1110 on: November 01, 2016, 08:28:03 pm »
Did you compare the Neoden with the other machines you can find around SEG?
Didn't see any others at SEG, there was one of the Charmhigh ones at  the tools floor in Duhui 100 but it wasn't running. Neoden did also have a couple of their earlier machines at the back of their booth.
It's possible I may have missed some but I only did a fairly cursory run-around a few places today due to waking up late, delay at Visa office and having to get some sleep before working tonight.

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
« Reply #1111 on: November 02, 2016, 03:34:51 pm »

What was your immediate gut feeling after seeing it? would you put one in your workshop?
On a quest to find increasingly complicated ways to blink things

Online TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #1112 on: November 02, 2016, 04:22:26 pm »

It would certainly be nice but with the Neoden having 4 heads it isn't a deal breaker I don't think. We leave 3 small nozzles mounted and one larger one. That works for us but each use case is different of course.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 05:03:47 pm by TheSteve »
VE7FM

Offline rx8pilot

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1113 on: November 02, 2016, 04:53:26 pm »

[/quote]

It would certainly be nice but with the Neoden having 4 heads it isn't a deal breaker I don't think. We leave 3 small nozzles mounted and one larger one. That works for us but each use case it different of course.
[/quote]

I totally forgot about the this one having 4 heads....much better and makes a nozzle changer a lot less critical.

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #1114 on: November 02, 2016, 06:50:12 pm »

What was your immediate gut feeling after seeing it? would you put one in your workshop?
If my machine died terminally ,it would be on the list. I'd need to look closer at the height limitation. The conveyor is a big plus.

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #1115 on: November 03, 2016, 11:00:59 am »
The 2x2 layout might make a tool-changer more tricky to implement, though a reasonable compromise might be to only have 2 nozzles auto-changeable. The main thing is you want all the nozzles going to do the bulk of the parts quickly ,which will typically be small chips. In most cases, there will be relatively few larger parts, so lower efficiency with those ( by not having all nozzles available) would be less of an issue.

I wonder if, by running with alternate software, it might be possible to add a tool-changer. As far as I could see it doesn't look like it uses Juki nozzles. It would depend on how easily they can come on & off.

Online H.O

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1116 on: November 03, 2016, 11:14:31 am »
I think they're using Samsung CP45 style nozzles.
They pop in and out of the holder by just pushing/pulling on them. No retractable retaining ring or anything like that.

Offline time-control

« Reply #1117 on: November 15, 2016, 11:21:12 pm »
This is my first placed board on Neoden-4.

https://youtu.be/9ff6kBoWJC8

« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 08:17:05 am by time-control »

The following users thanked this post: Cathy_Neoden, Fdr87CC

Offline rx8pilot

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1118 on: November 18, 2016, 01:57:43 am »
This is my first placed board on Neoden-4.

It looks like your passives are 0603? Can you say what pitch the chips are? Have you been able to run a significant batch since the video was made?

How often does is mis-pick? How gracefully does it handle that event?

Offline JanL

• Contributor
« Reply #1119 on: November 24, 2016, 05:36:41 pm »
Hi,

has anyone been able to change the language of the software back to english? Mine changed to chinese and even though I put the English button and restarted the machine it is still chinese.
Any help on this?

Jan

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #1120 on: November 24, 2016, 05:45:34 pm »
Hi,

has anyone been able to change the language of the software back to english? Mine changed to chinese and even though I put the English button and restarted the machine it is still chinese.
Any help on this?

Jan
ISTR you need a passwordd from the manufacturer to do this

Online TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #1121 on: November 24, 2016, 06:41:06 pm »
Hi,

Any help on this?

Jan

Mike is correct, you need a password to change the language. I can tell you the password is stored in a file in plain text on the hard drive. Look at the "seting.ini" file in the Neoden4 directory.

Or contact Neoden - they are very helpful and quite responsive.
VE7FM

Offline JanL

• Contributor
« Reply #1122 on: November 24, 2016, 07:17:34 pm »
Mike, Steve,
thank you. I did contact them but they seem to be asleep in China right now. I will check the folder for the password and wait for their answer.

Offline JanL

• Contributor
« Reply #1123 on: November 25, 2016, 09:57:04 am »
Thanks to Haimi from Neodentech it is english again.
Another question: the plate for my vibration feeder only supports 8mm sticks (5 times).  Does anyone has a different plate like for 10mm or 12mm?

Online TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #1124 on: December 09, 2016, 04:34:03 am »
Thanks to Haimi from Neodentech it is english again.
Another question: the plate for my vibration feeder only supports 8mm sticks (5 times).  Does anyone has a different plate like for 10mm or 12mm?

Ask Neoden you machine you a new plastic insert with the size you require. They made a replacement for us as our machine was one of the originals and the insert didn't fit a wide SOIC tube.
VE7FM

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf