Author Topic: Neoden 4 pick and place  (Read 593571 times)

Muxa and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline jojobrka

Re: Neoden 4 pick and place
« Reply #1250 on: October 03, 2017, 08:41:44 am »
Hi, finally our Neoden4 arrived. :)
Using the instruction manual, we have performed settings and some tests.
Now we have a problem: All the components were standard placed  (by the machine) with an angle of 45 degree (what’s wrong)
We try to contact Neoden but they are on holiday until 7/10
Is there anyone who knows the solution ?
Thanks

Offline GEORGE12

• Contributor
« Reply #1251 on: October 03, 2017, 01:29:27 pm »
Hi jojobrka
The issue you pointed out is not big. need to see the CSV file you made, Maybe some correction factor needed in that.
rgds
George

Offline GEORGE12

• Contributor
« Reply #1252 on: October 04, 2017, 01:56:30 pm »
hi
Choose Program Edit >check pcb angle> if '45'there make it to '0'.
choose system settings >check upward photograph angle to '0'

Offline jojobrka

« Reply #1253 on: October 05, 2017, 02:42:57 pm »
Hi George,

Thanks for your answers.
It is a combination of 2 "problems"
1. pickup angle was set incorrectly
2. pcb angle: is not 0, but 29.33 degree / upward photograph is 0.5

1. fixed
2. we can't change the upward photograph and de pcb angle

Solution ??

Offline rjberry

« Reply #1254 on: October 06, 2017, 01:51:06 pm »
Hi All!
Well I did it! I order not only one Neoden4 but two Neoden4's with the conveyor to link them.
 I have a product with 4 boards and with two machines I can load them both with all the needed parts and build any board. So after the country reopens from their week long holiday, I hope to get my shipping info. 
I am debating on the monitor/keyboard setup for 2 machines. The conveyor seems to have space for one monitor and i am not sure where to put the first. I will have bench for the stencil printer but it may not be too convenient to program with it there.
I also looked at rolling workstation that can hold 2 monitors. What is everyone opinion? having both monitors in one location or split?
Also, for those who have the Neoden4 what is the best size monitor to see everything onscreen without weird scaling?
Best Regards,
Rob 
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 01:56:41 pm by rjberry »

Offline mistek

« Reply #1255 on: October 06, 2017, 03:01:00 pm »
Hi All,

@rjberry,

I have two Neoden4 and one conveyor. I made Neoden4 working table.

Each table has its own monitor holder. The monitor and keyboard arm are movable and can rotate 360 degrees. At the same time it can be folded back and removed from its place. I think it's portable and useful.

The rotating parts were connected with the hinge. Feet adjustable plastic screw.

If you want, I can send you the technical drawing of these work tables.

I built it from 40x40 x 2mm iron profile. The total cost was 100usd.

I am pleased and highly recommended 19inch.

My monitors 19inch Philips. Logitec wireless keyboard and mouse.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 03:03:41 pm by mistek »

The following users thanked this post: sd.reza.hosseini

Offline rjberry

« Reply #1256 on: October 06, 2017, 03:38:50 pm »
@mistek
Nice! I like what you did. I bought the neoden4 stands. your setup requires using your design.
Pity as I like what you did. I do have access to welding equipment. trying to think how to adapt your idea with the neoden4 stands....

Also, how do you like your oven? I will be looking for a production one soon. my simply prototype setup wont handle what we are planning.

Best Regards,
Rob
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 03:41:46 pm by rjberry »

Offline tony-tid

• Contributor
« Reply #1257 on: October 13, 2017, 06:44:12 am »
HELP!!!  :scared:

Did someone have problem with neoden4 start up??
Today, I went to work and try to turn on the machine. It start for about 1-2 sec. and stoped....

I try everything.
1) press and release emergency stop
2)push the emergency stop then turn off by the button -> release emergency stop and turn on by the button
3)turn off by the button press emergency stop -> release emergency stop and turn on by the button
4)disconnect the power cable for 5min then again 1), 2), 3) :palm:

Now the power button dont light up, it light little lower only when the emergency stop is pressed(when it is released the power button dont light up!) :rant:

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #1258 on: October 13, 2017, 07:47:20 am »
HELP!!!  :scared:

Did someone have problem with neoden4 start up??
Today, I went to work and try to turn on the machine. It start for about 1-2 sec. and stoped....

I try everything.
1) press and release emergency stop
2)push the emergency stop then turn off by the button -> release emergency stop and turn on by the button
3)turn off by the button press emergency stop -> release emergency stop and turn on by the button
4)disconnect the power cable for 5min then again 1), 2), 3) :palm:

Now the power button dont light up, it light little lower only when the emergency stop is pressed(when it is released the power button dont light up!) :rant:
Sounds like a power supply problem - check the DC voltages on the output of the PSU
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

The following users thanked this post: tony-tid

Offline tony-tid

• Contributor
« Reply #1259 on: October 13, 2017, 07:56:28 am »
Sounds like a power supply problem - check the DC voltages on the output of the PSU

Thanks for fast response. :-+
I was searching for other opinion hopefully to cover mine and i get it.   :phew:
I think the same, but I will wait for response by the seller, before disassemble the machine to check voltages.

Offline GEORGE12

• Contributor
« Reply #1260 on: October 16, 2017, 06:37:02 am »
Hi jojobrka.
sorry i couldn't able to attach a pdf doc more than 1Mb , here .
i have the solution with certain pics related to your mentioned issue
rgds
George

Offline bezakb

« Reply #1261 on: October 16, 2017, 03:03:34 pm »
We have used Neoden 4 with extra feeders and spare parts for sale in Canada ($6,440 USD). More info in buy/sale/wanted.

Offline LitlePCB

• Contributor
« Reply #1262 on: October 24, 2017, 11:05:32 am »
Does anyone have more information about the protocol used on the CAN bus of the feeder?

Offline jojobrka

« Reply #1263 on: November 01, 2017, 02:59:47 pm »
The Neoden4 is working fine now. :)

Only we have a little problem with one item: the tray feeder.
We build our own tray and we have entered the information in the Neoden software.
Columms; 15   Rows: 4    Right top X: 185.67   Right top y: 156.03   (by Align)

Start x: 1    Start y: 1

In the feeder information:
Pick up X : 82.88        Pick up Y: 125.26

We started the file and the nozzle takes the second IC (instead of first) of the 1 row. ROW correct, second IC not.
For the next pcb the nozzle has picked up de 4e IC of the 1 row.
The next   6e IC of the 1 row.

Does anyone know a solution ??

Best Regards

JoJo

Offline jmelson

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1264 on: November 01, 2017, 08:10:23 pm »

Start x: 1    Start y: 1

I
We started the file and the nozzle takes the second IC (instead of first) of the 1 row. ROW correct, second IC not.
For the next pcb the nozzle has picked up de 4e IC of the 1 row.
The next   6e IC of the 1 row.

Does anyone know a solution ??
I have a Philips CSM84, after teaching the first chip location in the tray, you set the position to 0 0 !  Then, it picks up the first chip in the first row.  So, you might try that, instead of 1 1.

Jon

Offline jojobrka

« Reply #1265 on: November 02, 2017, 10:35:20 am »
We tried before, it doesn't help

Thanks

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1266 on: November 02, 2017, 10:36:27 am »
On the pictures it looks like it skips each other component, is the component dimensions and offset correct ?

Offline litl_big_chickn

« Reply #1267 on: November 16, 2017, 03:37:38 pm »
Hi. I am new to this site and to the Neoden 4 and to pick and place machines.

I have managed to setup the feeders and made the CSV file from CAD. I have 3 components in a tray. And about 28 other components in reels.

What goes well is placement of small passives 0603, 0402 they are perfect.

So far I have experienced several problems:
1. The digi-reels seems to have slightly too wide plastic so they get stuck.
2. Some reels gets pulled up and get stuck
3. Some reels with blister gets deformed by the spring so they cannot be picked up
4. Some reels with blisters - even though I believe they should be okay for placement - they touch a smaller gearwheel and gets pushed up
5. Sometimes the auto-rails stops working and machine has to be rebooted.
6. IC rotation is a problem sometimes - perhaps I will figure out why. Because it looks like the camera and vision sees the angle, but its not corrected 100%.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 11:56:18 pm by litl_big_chickn »

Offline gawrcool

« Reply #1268 on: December 04, 2017, 10:11:41 am »
Hello,

Just received my neoden 4 Rev C. Very good mechanical structure, electronics seems very good also (already opened a feeder, there is people inside, CAN bus protocol? I2C?).
The bad: software, WinXP, no internet connexion (with WinXP it's mandatory of course)
What if one create open source software over a linux distro, say Ubuntu for example.
Sniffing the commands/responses from the actual small x86 board is not a problem I presume.
Is there some people here with skills in software? I can start this (long) project alone but it will take me time.
What I've understood so far about the machine interface on the x86 board is:
- 2 CAM (USB?)
- Serial port
Easy, no?

I've to unmount the machine to see what's exactly inside.

Olivier

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #1269 on: December 04, 2017, 10:43:44 am »
Hello,

Just received my neoden 4 Rev C. Very good mechanical structure, electronics seems very good also (already opened a feeder, there is people inside, CAN bus protocol? I2C?).
The bad: software, WinXP, no internet connexion (with WinXP it's mandatory of course)
What if one create open source software over a linux distro, say Ubuntu for example.
Sniffing the commands/responses from the actual small x86 board is not a problem I presume.
Is there some people here with skills in software? I can start this (long) project alone but it will take me time.
What I've understood so far about the machine interface on the x86 board is:
- 2 CAM (USB?)
- Serial port
Easy, no?

I've to unmount the machine to see what's exactly inside.

Olivier
There already is an open source software project-openpnp. It would just require an interface to the Neoden hardware
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline girts

• Contributor
« Reply #1270 on: December 24, 2017, 04:00:57 am »
Hi to all!
Got it, 2 days of hard work to investigate what happens and how stuff works. Many thanks to this thread.
Two problems discovered, both software related:
1) it is not possible to set board offset (origin),
2) some problems related with machine coordinates. Seems that chinese mm != conventional mm. Not sure, but may be 2 options possible - they have their own chinese metre bar or I simply got "hot climate version" which expands in higher temperatures. Because real 300mm are equal to machine travel by 299.57mm causing about 0.4 mm error on larger boards.
0204?
 :-DD

Both are previously described in this thread. Both can be solved with 3 lines of code, or a little more...
Anyway, that's what we have. Not so bad overall.

Attached - screenshot from software designed for file import from CAD and description how to proceed.
Free for any eevblog user with N4 in his backyard and significant count of helpful posts here.
For software ask in private. Reason is very simple - once Neoden gets it, we will never receive these 2 bug fixes, they will distribute  "corrector" instead.

Any comments and ideas are highly appreciated.

btw:  CTRL-ALT-DEL starts task manager, RUN -> explorer.exe and seems that we have access to HDD... Any ideas?

The following users thanked this post: rom67

Offline ascarrul

« Reply #1271 on: December 26, 2017, 04:30:45 pm »
I would love a copy of your script. PM sent .

Offline gawrcool

« Reply #1272 on: December 27, 2017, 10:20:56 am »
Does anyone have more information about the protocol used on the CAN bus of the feeder?
When I'll have time, I will sniff it.

Offline OliverM

« Reply #1273 on: January 05, 2018, 10:55:02 am »
Hi,

Having some trouble with installing feeders to Neoden4 and this seems like one of the biggest and most active communities regarding this machine, so I thought I'd try asking for help here.

As I understand, the feeders have individual ID numbers and use some sort of bus network to communicate. They need to be added individually if they have the same ID, which they do if they are new, to avoid collisions. If we connect 1 feeder at a time, then everything seems to work. We can change the ID and test it in manual mode. It even seems to work ok up to 12-14 feeders, but anything more than that and weird things start to happen. Some of the feeders start giving errors, some become very unresponsive needing multiple clicks in manual mode to get any response and some continue working fine. And it doesn't seem to be related to any specific feeders. For example if we connect feeders 1 to 14 everything works, if we add 2 more then problems start occuring and if we disconnect some of the first feeders, it starts working fine again. I know this is most likely not the case, but the best way to describe this is like the machine, or the PC software, has some sort of limit on how many feeders it can handle at once.

Has anybody had any similar issues or maybe have some ideas we could try? We have contacted the manufacturer as well, but since we need to get the machine working asap, asking here couldn't hurt.

Some additional info: the machine is brand new and worked fine with the initial 7 feeders it came with. When we first added new feeders we somehow threw away the instructions stating they needed to be installed one at a time, so we connected all of them at once. Obviously it didn't work like this, but we cannot see any reason why it would have damaged the machine or caused it to behive like this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline gawrcool

« Reply #1274 on: January 05, 2018, 11:45:49 am »
Hello Olivier M.

I don't have answer for you but for your information:

- As you, I connected all my new feeders at once without knowing the adresses story. But after changing addresses one at a time, all worked. Then normally you don't damage any feeder.
- Also if you have two feeders with the same address, both feeders will work but the f*** soft will say that there is a no respond.
- One of my received feeder was almost broken (electronic or firmware, don't know).

I presume that you already have changed/switched feeders during your tests.
I don't know for the moment if the feeder bus is a CAN BUS or not (saw some posts here but no evidence). But if it's a CAN BUS and it begin to be unstable after adding devices, perhaps that the terminal resistor is missing on your bus (unsoldered or whatever).

Olivier

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf