Author Topic: Neoden 4 pick and place  (Read 268448 times)

Offline jmelson

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Neoden 4 pick and place
« Reply #1400 on: December 07, 2018, 08:42:54 am »

I have trouble placing a micro SD card socket.
If you try to pick up the part from its centroid, you will have the nozzle on the fins between the contacts.  You need to pick it up over to the right (as picture is presented) where it is flat plastic.
But, that will then be picking the part off-center, and you'd have to compensate the placement location to get it correctly placed on the board.

Jon

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #1401 on: December 07, 2018, 09:29:22 am »

If you try to pick up the part from its centroid, you will have the nozzle on the fins between the contacts.  You need to pick it up over to the right (as picture is presented) where it is flat plastic.
But, that will then be picking the part off-center, and you'd have to compensate the placement location to get it correctly placed on the board.

Jon
Doesn't the Neoden software have a simple "Pick offset" facility to deal with parts like this without having to dick about with the P&P data? What if you had an awkward part that needed a pick offset, and you wanted to place, say, a radial ring of 12 of them...
Offsetting the placement position is NOT a sensible way to do it.
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline luiHS

• Regular Contributor
    • Pinballsp
« Reply #1402 on: December 07, 2018, 09:47:13 am »

Jon

Yes, I have already configured the alignment of the component in the tray, so that the nozzle takes the component of the flat part where there are plastics. That way the mouthpiece takes the component perfectly, now the problem is how to make it place it in its correct location.

I have been trying to manually modify the coordinates of location, but I do it by trial and error, and in this way it is very complicated, because in addition to testing on a plate without solder paste, the component moves from the site by the vibrations of the motors, and it is even more complicated to find out what the new location coordinates should be.

And I think, even, that the recognition with the camera is not correct and it varies, because sometimes it seems that it aligns the component with a width and other times with a different width, as if it could not correctly recognize the irregular shape of the socket, so will be impossible place correctly the component if coordinates are different each time.

It seems to me that the best thing will be to change the socket model to one with a rectangular shape, and the totally smooth capture surface, although this will force me to change the design of the PCB and also to have to ask for new trays to place the component.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 09:49:55 am by luiHS »

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #1403 on: December 07, 2018, 10:06:49 am »

I have been trying to manually modify the coordinates of location, but I do it by trial and error, and in this way it is very complicated, because in addition to testing on a plate without solder paste, the component moves from the site by the vibrations of the motors, and it is even more complicated to find out what the new location coordinates should be.

Use low-tack translucent double-sided adhesive tape when doing test placements. tape used for carpet fitting can be good but check how well it peels off the PCB before using it.
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline pakakezu

• Contributor
« Reply #1404 on: Yesterday at 08:56:16 pm »
I just discovered an annoying bug. On version 4.1.3 B8.
PCB rotation in panel is not working. At the setup checks out properly, but at mounting somewhere a negative sign is lost  :palm:
Fortunately in this case i can reverse the panel and mount the other two boards. Can anyone confirm this?
I`m using the magnetic fixture if matters.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf