Author Topic: PCBWay promo code  (Read 20458 times)

Offline Harvs

• Super Contributor
Re: PCBWay promo code
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2017, 12:05:54 pm »
I don't see how you think PCBway will give you a formula, I can't get straight pricing on the most straightforward of stuff.  Pretty much any time I submit a design it then goes up in price by 10-100% for no obvious reason.
Before payment, our engineers need to confirm pcb file and make sure the final price. Usually it stay the same but sometimes it will change, most of the reason is due to technical reasons, such as minimum drilling 0.2mm.
Now the reason of  price changes will be displayed in the order management page.Sorry for the inconvenience previous.

Well I guess I tend to find the opposite, it usually changes.  It's ok for the price to change if it's clear why, and you're saying there is somewhere I haven't seen that explains the reason for the price change?  Will it still be there for my old orders?  This would be interesting to review.

I've had a look and can't find any comment on any of my previous orders about price change (which I know did change.)

Offline Harvs

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2017, 12:17:23 pm »
One more related thing, how does pricing work when ordering more than qty 10?

From you front page I can now get qty 10, 100x100 boards for USD$5 (which is ridiculously cheap!) So $0.50ea, if I order qty 100 of the same board the price prior to your engineers looking at it is $127, so $1.27ea.  Over 2.5x the price.

Even if I put in qty 10,000 boards I still get about $0.80 each.

The pricing just doesn't make any sense to me.

Offline noras

• Contributor
  • !
    • PCB star page
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2017, 02:11:45 am »
thanks  :)

Offline ansonbaoTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Never stop learning
    • pcbway
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2017, 10:41:51 am »
This can be as simple as "How many boards in panel?"
From this you can work out how many V scores you will use and how many boards need to be tested, however, I fail to see how testing 36 boards on a 100x100 panel is any different to testing 1 circuit that is that is 100x100?

Also could an option be added to limit/skip electrical testing of entire panels and instead select 5 or 6 boards in a panel and test them. This would be good for simple 2 layer boards with large components and traces and should make it cheaper.

Thanks
In this situation,I suggest you can contact with sale about the most economical way.electrical testing is to help to ensure the quality of pcb.I will communicate with our engineer to discuss whether there is a better way to solve this.
I am PCBWay manager and you can ask me any questions about PCB.

• Regular Contributor
  • Never stop learning
    • pcbway
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2017, 10:50:15 am »

Well I guess I tend to find the opposite, it usually changes.  It's ok for the price to change if it's clear why, and you're saying there is somewhere I haven't seen that explains the reason for the price change?  Will it still be there for my old orders?  This would be interesting to review.

I've had a look and can't find any comment on any of my previous orders about price change (which I know did change.)
The new function is go live in May,Sorry the previous order will not show the reason.If you need,I will ask our sale explain to you the reason.

• Regular Contributor
  • Never stop learning
    • pcbway
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2017, 11:02:55 am »
One more related thing, how does pricing work when ordering more than qty 10?

From you front page I can now get qty 10, 100x100 boards for USD$5 (which is ridiculously cheap!) So $0.50ea, if I order qty 100 of the same board the price prior to your engineers looking at it is $127, so $1.27ea.  Over 2.5x the price.

Even if I put in qty 10,000 boards I still get about $0.80 each.

The pricing just doesn't make any sense to me.

10 quantity 100*100 is Special offer.usually the different large quantity is different unit price.

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2017, 06:53:21 pm »
please anser the question we know it a different price but why   if you can make 10 boarrds for $5, then 100 should be $50. 
On a quest to find increasingly complicated ways to blink things

The following users thanked this post: Kean

Offline SMdude

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2017, 07:55:05 am »
Well, my order showed up today, less than one week from order submission, to my front door!  :-+
Soldermask registration is pretty good too.
Will populate and test in the next few weeks.

Offline Harvs

• Super Contributor
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2017, 11:50:43 am »
please anser the question we know it a different price but why   if you can make 10 boarrds for $5, then 100 should be $50.

Precisely... It's worth noting that their price for 100 boards is significantly less competitive than others in the market.  Even with a $20 discount you're still around $10 off easyeda...

Offline noras

• Contributor
  • !
    • PCB star page
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2017, 09:13:31 am »
Precisely... It's worth noting that their price for 100 boards is significantly less competitive than others in the market.  Even with a $20 discount you're still around $10 off easyeda...

some PCB factories use conductive adhesives instead of copper.Please be careful
Conductive adhesive shortcomings [4-5,8]: ? low conductivity, the current conductivity of most conductive adhesive resistivity is still maintained at 10-3 ~ 10-4? · cm, and solder joints (l.5 × l0 -5? · cm) is still very different
from the volume resistivity, and the thermal conductivity is poor, which limits the use of conductive adhesive on the power components; ? poor contact resistance stability, in hot and humid environment, conductive adhesive
The contact resistance of the joint increases rapidly with time; (3) the mechanical properties of the bonding are poor; (4) the conductive filler (such as silver, silver, etc.) is easy to migrate. :)
for example :2 layers of board, come back to welding (soldering iron temperature of about 200 degrees Celsius), a little more hot will, the pad of a whole lost,
Batch or cautious, or on the SMT will be a big problem, or deformation of the board cracked,SMT Need reflow soldering
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 10:04:10 am by noras »

Offline noras

• Contributor
  • !
    • PCB star page
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2017, 09:31:22 am »
Excuse me, my english is poor.Do not want to see please skip,if your english is good,please help me:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 09:35:49 am by noras »

Offline noras

• Contributor
  • !
    • PCB star page
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2017, 09:49:37 am »
but some factory the Engineering fee cost 400yuan,and other factory 50yuan,but only PCB prototype

Offline noras

• Contributor
  • !
    • PCB star page
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2017, 10:06:38 am »
but some factory the Engineering fee cost 400yuan,and other factory 50yuan,but only PCB prototype

Pool service.
by the way,Some stencils are cheap
Some other stencils are expensive....
In fact, I am more concerned about the after-sales service, such as refund
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 10:09:00 am by noras »

Offline noras

• Contributor
  • !
    • PCB star page
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2017, 01:08:29 am »

Pool service.
by the way,Some stencils are cheap
Some other stencils are expensive....
In fact, I am more concerned about the after-sales service, such as refund

Talking the cheap side for small designs, OSHPark and OSHStencil offer ridiculously cheap services. Their quality are top notch.
i like use oshpark 4pcb pcbway  sunstone 7pcb and so on?Every company can not guarantee 100%
So I am more concerned about how the problem will be handled
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 02:33:18 am by noras »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf