Author Topic: Pick and Place Machine TVM802A / TVM802B  (Read 320935 times)

Offline ManuFerHi

• Contributor
Re: Pick and Place Machine TVM802A / TVM802B
« Reply #725 on: October 14, 2017, 07:14:43 am »
There are only two settings where to regulate the speed, individually to each component in the database and the master speed that is the bar that is just above the movement cursors, this bar can be hidden sometimes if the fonts of the system have been enlarged. The speed master is adjustable from 0-120% and can be modified during work.

Offline Darius

« Reply #726 on: October 18, 2017, 08:21:18 pm »
Please share screenshot where we can change master speed.

Offline ManuFerHi

• Contributor
« Reply #727 on: October 18, 2017, 11:48:05 pm »
If you have selected enlarged fonts in windows, this option can be hidden.

The following users thanked this post: harry4516

Offline frog

• Contributor
« Reply #728 on: October 20, 2017, 08:57:36 pm »
BTW, latest software is English802B-V2.36 - will update mine soon. SOT23 issue not fixed yet.

I updated to V2.36 and don't notice any difference. Is there a change log?

I'm replying to an old post here but hopefully it may be of use/interest.  I believe that this version was produced at my request, it adds a 'point with camera' option if you right-click on a specific component; essentially the camera shows you where it intends to place the part - a big confidence-booster without having to do a trial placement.  I asked about a 'show me where you're going to pick up from' but unfortunately the camera can't move as far as the pick-up location.  That's a pity since in my experience getting the pick-up position accurate is probably the most important single parameter.

Offline frog

• Contributor
« Reply #729 on: October 20, 2017, 09:00:54 pm »
Oh and my 2c on SOT23 is not to use vision.  Recommended pad sizes are typically quite big and so can accommodate a relatively significant offset or rotation, and this is typically squared up during reflow.  Essentially if the nozzle picks the part up accurately you're home and dry.

The following users thanked this post: Yellofriend

Offline harry4516

• Regular Contributor
    • www.dj0abr.de
« Reply #730 on: October 31, 2017, 12:03:23 am »
If you have selected enlarged fonts in windows, this option can be hidden.

Thanks so much !
I never have seen this slider before.

Offline Yellofriend

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #731 on: October 31, 2017, 03:43:59 am »
Oh and my 2c on SOT23 is not to use vision.  Recommended pad sizes are typically quite big and so can accommodate a relatively significant offset or rotation, and this is typically squared up during reflow.

Sometimes using less technology certainly helps ;-) Easy to miss the most obvious solution. Thanks.

--------------
TVM802C - now with OpenPnP
T962A

Offline harry4516

• Regular Contributor
    • www.dj0abr.de
« Reply #732 on: October 31, 2017, 01:51:18 pm »
I use vision for SOT23, works well.
Have problems with vision only with SO14 or SO16 chips.

@ManuFerHi: you are my hero !!!
Your hint with the speed regulator is the best of all :-)
Tested a board with 100% settings today, wowww, what a difference.
Placement is still ok with this high speed.

I never have seen this slider before until you gave us the information about font settings.

Offline harry4516

• Regular Contributor
    • www.dj0abr.de
« Reply #733 on: November 02, 2017, 06:55:26 pm »
I have updated today to 2.37 (thank you Kim for sending the software),
there are many new settings compared to my old 2.12 version.

Could somebody please explain what these functions are doing:

* Template Parameter. I think it has to do with the fiducial-Template. But what is this setting doing ?

* x/y offset threshold and angle offset threshold: I entered the default values, is there anything to do or should I simple go with the defaults ?

Harry

Offline astropower

« Reply #734 on: November 08, 2017, 12:20:43 pm »
I have huge problem with The Vision camera lag,  the FPS is so low, that it cannot position right on the make locations.
I change computer and it not computer problem.

anyone have some idea ?

Tamir

Offline ManuFerHi

• Contributor
« Reply #735 on: November 08, 2017, 12:38:06 pm »
that happens to me with a Dell XPS1530 laptop, the lower camera has lag, even formatting again and installing another operating system,  I had to change the computer to solve it.

The following users thanked this post: astropower

Offline mgrossm1@yahoo.com

• Contributor
« Reply #736 on: November 09, 2017, 01:02:49 am »
Hello, I am the new proud owner of a TVM802B. Please excuse my lack of knowledge.

So far, I have made some progress with the machine but apparently the TVM802B does not successfully recognize the Mark Point on the Test board.

I have read a few posts citing proper camera calibration as critical. Would one of you TVM802B experts be willing to describe the calibration process? Frankly, the manual leaves much to be desired.

Perhaps this is important, the OffsetW/H values dither between (533.33, -480.00) and (-1, 5.23) when a recognition is made. Stepping through the program, after what appears to be a successful recognition, the head moves slightly from the Mark Point.

Two screen captures are attached.

I am running the latest V2.37 software. Also, have there been any updates to the internal controller's firmware?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Offline ManuFerHi

• Contributor
« Reply #737 on: November 09, 2017, 07:09:16 am »
Exposure setting is critical for fiducial recognition, with automatic vision tag enable, Go up step by step until you see that recognize it.

The following users thanked this post: astropower

Offline astropower

« Reply #738 on: November 09, 2017, 05:08:34 pm »
Thank you, i will try change the exposure, if it will not help i will change computer, and update.
By the way, which operation system are you using ?

« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 05:10:53 pm by astropower »

• Contributor
« Reply #739 on: November 10, 2017, 02:33:35 am »
Does the Comp Threshold in the System Config->Camera tab setting affect the Mark Point recognition? In general, what range of values seem to work well?

• Contributor
« Reply #740 on: November 10, 2017, 06:35:31 pm »
I was able to get the TVM802B to successfully recognize the Mark Point by changing the System Config->Camera Distance/Pixel settings to (0.0351, 0.0351) on camera 1 and (0.0159, 0.0159) on camera 2. The original settings of the machine I bought were all set to 1. The Software Update log document also shows them as set to 1.0000. I wonder why?

Since I bought the machine second hand, I question all the default settings. Is there a description other than what is described in the videos that details what each setting does and its default value? Is the Chinese documentation better that the English version. I have a lot of friends at work who can help decipher it for me.

The next issue I have encountered is unreliable pickup on feeder 1 of the left stack. I guess I need to mess with the X,Y coordinates.

Thanks,
Mike

Offline ManuFerHi

• Contributor
« Reply #741 on: November 11, 2017, 06:33:35 pm »
Finally I have achieved that the IC pitch 0.5mm are well centered, the software has a lot of bugs and you have to learn to live with them.
For some strange reason, so that they are centered I have to put 1º of more in accuracy mode, if the component goes to 90º I have to put 91º and this way with all those that are in accuracy mode.

Offline harry4516

• Regular Contributor
    • www.dj0abr.de
« Reply #742 on: November 17, 2017, 01:16:02 am »
...changing the System Config->Camera Distance/Pixel settings to (0.0351, 0.0351) on camera 1 and (0.0159, 0.0159) on camera 2. The original settings of the machine I bought were all set to 1. The Software Update log document also shows them as set to 1.0000. ...

your setting is normal, same here. I don't know why all the documents show 1.000, but 1.000 does not work at all.
And there is no usable manual, no english and no chinese.
I'm using the TVM802B since 1 1/2 years now and I'm still learning.
But it is doing a good job. I have made about 2000 boards until now without any major problems.

The only big change I did was to replace the two tiny vacuum pumps with a powerful vac pump, that improved precision a lot. There is some discussion about this issue here in this thread.

Offline Yellofriend

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #743 on: November 17, 2017, 08:20:14 am »
the TVM802B does not successfully recognize the Mark Point on the Test board.

Do the upper LEDs work? For my machine they didn't work. Apparently they don't test the machines before shipping.
--------------
TVM802C - now with OpenPnP
T962A

Offline HHaase

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #744 on: November 19, 2017, 09:05:24 pm »
Well, I finally caved in, and ordered a TVM802A.    So the anxious wait on the shipment has begun.

In the meantime I need to sort out a bench/table for it.   Is a normal sized 48" x 24" bench sufficient?  Or are there any issues with depth, and overhang?

-Hans

Offline HHaase

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #745 on: December 02, 2017, 11:29:31 pm »
I'm so far pleasantly surprised by this machine.   It's not without its issues of course, but given the price, I'm impressed.
Very few complaints. A couple minor things I think would be easier with the software but still quite serviceable.

At this point the only real complaint I have is when it homes the machine, and just slams into the end stops/switches at operating speed.

Since I'm sure these are questions people will have,  my machine (TVM802A)  is equipped with the Juki nozzles and came with software v3.03
I wonder what the latest changes have been.

Some interesting changes on mine from previous discussion too.   The 12mm/16mm feed slots have been moved to the front, close to the camera. 
Also, mine has a knob under the head which adjusts the brightness of the down-facing LED's. 
There's also a switch on the left side near the front that I cannot figure out what it does.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 02:41:59 am by HHaase »

The following users thanked this post: tboicey

Offline danirebollo

« Reply #746 on: December 05, 2017, 07:15:40 pm »
Hi everyone!   :)
I have one of this TVM802 and I have one issue... After a offset calibration the nozzle and the camera goes to the same places, but when I introduce "mark1" and "mark2" on "PCB config" only the camera goes to the right place, the nozzle has an offset similar to the PCB desviation (I mean, if TVM802 has its 0,0 point, and my PCB start in 1,2 so my "local" 0,0 is 1,2 point, the offset is 1mm ,2mm) .
You know what is the problem?

Thanks

PD: This is the latest version (2.37) shared by the support email after_sale1@qihekj.com :
http://www.filedropper.com/english802b-v237nocheck

Offline danirebollo

« Reply #747 on: December 06, 2017, 05:55:09 pm »
Hi! I have new tests:

This is a coordenates map (escaled). Each color square means a mark in the PCB: left top, right top, left down and right down. And at the right there are the real measures with and without calibration (PCB fiducial mark1 and mark2):
-Black: Altium designer coordenates
-Pad name (PadULC means Pad Up Left Calibrated, PadULW means Pad Up Left Without calibration)
-Green: Coordenates measured with camera2 with calibration active on it.
-Blue: Coordenates measured with nozzle on it.
-Red: Coordenates measured with camera2 without calibration on it.

My conclusions are:
-Real points(altium coordenates) and coordenates with calibrated vision (camera2) are pretty accurate.
-When calibration is active only shifts vision, NOT nozzle. I expected to be move both vision and nozzle, but only vision is recalculated.

I'm lost...  :-[
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 05:57:34 pm by danirebollo »

Offline Darius

« Reply #748 on: December 07, 2017, 07:54:44 am »
Try to adjust X/Y Axis Scale (SYS CONFIG->Other tab)
For this I use top camera and vernier caliper placed instead PCB.

Offline HHaase

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #749 on: December 11, 2017, 03:08:58 am »
Well, this has become frustrating.   Trying to set up a Win10 mini-pc to run my 802a,  and the software absolutely refuses to open up and run.   I just get a generic "the software has stopped running" error,  and that's it.

I can run on my normal PC,  but that's across the room and I wanted a dedicated system.   This is a brand-new mini-pc,  currently loaded with Win10 Enterprise LTSB (also tried vanilla Win10 home),  completely fresh install.  So no extra software in there other than Win10.  I did try installing Java, as a random guess, but that had no effect.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf