Author Topic: Pick & Place MachineTVM920  (Read 163390 times)

Offline anfang

• Regular Contributor
  • !
Re: Pick & Place MachineTVM920
« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2016, 06:18:59 am »
I have some space cleared and a sturdy 15' work table. Feeder and parts storage additionally takes about 6' of wall space. Also ordered T960 oven and their 3040 stencil printer to complete the assembly line. Plus transition automation squeegee.

I'm going to weld up a table for my future TVM920. Can I trouble you to tell me the XY dims of the TVM920 feet envelope to make sure all 4 feet will make it into a table top? I'm assuming the monitor mounts on the side of the machine, and the keyboard could go on a holder arm that I bolt to the side of the table.

And thoughts on a table height that would be comfortable? With feeders on both sides, how do you stick your head in there to get the board out? Looks kind of tight.

Thanks very much for any insight.

Offline protoneer

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2016, 07:07:53 am »
7000 per hour seems awfully quick...how many heads does it work with?

4 heads...

Offline thommo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2016, 07:16:47 am »
Hi guys,

TVM920 Dimensions
These are the dimensions provided to us by QiHe which, on a 'quick check' appear to be correct.

This drawing was done for both our TVM920 and the Torch Reflow Oven [hence the dual set of dims]. The QiHe TVM920 dims are in BOLD RED, so you can ignore the other dims marked 'Torch'.

I hope this assists you in preparing for delivery.

Operating Height of Machine
Industry standard appears to be 900mm [in some cases +up to 50mm, so 950mm].
[I have opted to settle on 900mm however]

Monitor & Keyboard
TVM920 comes equipped with a Swivel Monitor Arm already mounted to the R/H side of the machine. It also has a Bolt-on 'shelf' designed to support a keyboard, but without sufficient space for a mouse to operate easily. I plan to use a roller 'chest of drawers' for Keyboard & Mouse, and to store accessories etc.

Access to Machine when Feeders are Loaded
This should not present an issue as approx half the feeder depth is positioned 'inside' the machine. This is also an industry standard approach it appears.

Good luck - Peter
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 07:28:21 am by thommo »

The following users thanked this post: cgroen, ar__systems, anfang, zszabo

Offline thommo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2016, 08:19:37 am »
Machine Leveling Feet

The TVM920 is fitted as standard with 4x 'leveling feet'.

In the attached pic the image shows the foot at its minimum height of ~45mm. The leveling feet have an M12 thread, however we have decided to remove these feet and sit the entire base perimeter onto a 10mm thick x 40mm wide neoprene gasket [eg - self adhesive strip] which we expect will compress to approx 4mm with the machine on top.

The frame we are constructing will be in SHS 75mm x 75mm x 2mm, and we are attaching swivel leveling feet to these legs. We've allowed 70mm height for these feet and so we decided to make our frame 515mm high for this reason.

275mm -  internal working platform
36mm  -  stand-up which are the PCB 'holders/supports'
4mm  - neoprene gasket
70mm  - swivel feet
515mm  -  frame

Therefore we expect to end up with a working PCB height of 900mm.

BTW - the panel on the R/H side [in the attached pic] shows the cable entry/exit for Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse, but I think we'll go wireless for Keyboard & Mouse however. And the 3 pairs of holes just to the right of it are the mounting holes for the 'shelf' which I referred to in a previous post, which QiHe includes for the Keyboard

Hope this info is of some use guys.

Cheers - Peter
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 08:25:00 am by thommo »

The following users thanked this post: cgroen, zszabo

Offline dtf

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2016, 04:11:11 pm »
7000 per hour seems awfully quick...how many heads does it work with?

Spec sheet shows 7000cph without vision or 4000cph with vision, it's 4 head, of course those are likely 'ideal' numbers.

Online IconicPCB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2016, 08:00:30 pm »
DTF,

I do not doubt that 7000 ( or 4000) CPH are correct. I simply did not kno how many heads the machine works with.

Offline protoneer

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2016, 08:50:10 pm »
Mmmm... my mistake. Single head with 4 pickup nozzles.

Offline dtf

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2016, 09:14:24 pm »
Mmmm... my mistake. Single head with 4 pickup nozzles.

Ah yes this is a better answer.

Offline zszabo

• Contributor
« Reply #108 on: October 17, 2016, 12:10:47 pm »
Hi new machine owners.

No one with news ? :)

How the machines works ?

How about the difficulties ?

And the software ? Is there any reason to move to open PnP or it can be used well ?

Thank You in advance for answers !
Zoltan
P.S. Just bought mine.

Offline dtf

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #109 on: October 17, 2016, 01:55:33 pm »
Congrats :)

No tracking from the forwarder yet after 1 week+. This was Fedex Express at almost $1900 cost. Been about a month since payment now, of course 1 week of that was Chinese holiday.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 01:59:19 pm by dtf »

Offline thommo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #110 on: October 17, 2016, 08:43:10 pm »
Have you tried to contact Fedex?

Sounds like the ball is in their cart, but unusual for tracking not to be available withing a day of pick-up.

Congrats :)

No tracking from the forwarder yet after 1 week+. This was Fedex Express at almost $1900 cost. Been about a month since payment now, of course 1 week of that was Chinese holiday.

Offline ar__systems

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #111 on: October 17, 2016, 08:56:46 pm »
I've seen several people bought those, but I don't remember seeing any actual usage reviews. Did I miss some?

Offline dtf

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #112 on: October 18, 2016, 02:50:54 am »
Hooray, got tracking, scheduled delivery next Tuesday.

Offline anfang

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2016, 02:33:51 pm »
I hope this assists you in preparing for delivery.

Indeed it does. Machine ordered.

Offline zszabo

• Contributor
« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2016, 04:36:38 pm »
Good to know that is a brother close to my machine.

Offline gameguru

« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2016, 05:11:36 pm »
The TVM920 seems very similar to BS281 from Autotronik, Germany, costing comes to around 42K USD with duty and shipment.

http://www.autotronik-smt.de/en/products/smt-pick-place-machine/smt-pick-place-machine-bs281.html

While TVM920 seems to give similar functionality at fraction of cost.

I was going to finalize BS281 but came across this thread and changed my mind.

I have been closely reading all threads including this and N4.
After reviewing all post here, I feel TVM920 is the ideal machine for small to medium assembly business.
The selling point for the machine is 4x Juki Nozzles and Yahama Feeders. Its worth the effort to have external compressor pump.

I am from India, Finally I am talking with Grea from qihekj.com to finalize order and payment in this week.

Regards,
Viral

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #116 on: October 20, 2016, 05:20:15 pm »
The TVM920 seems very similar to BS281 from Autotronik, Germany, costing comes to around 42K USD with duty and shipment.
No it does not.

Offline gameguru

« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2016, 06:01:18 pm »
Similar not in the sense of construction but in functionality to a small business,
BS281 is the entry model with single nozzle and reliable feeder.
Same can be replaced with TVM920 at lower cost easily.

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2016, 06:18:54 pm »
Similar not in the sense of construction but in functionality to a small business,
You cannot expect similar performance from TVM920, and qihe does not specify it. The only thing qihe is better at is max placement speed (4 heads). But it does not support 0201. BS281 optionally supports even 01005 which tells a LOT about precision of the construction. You cannot expect even closely similar placement reliability. And what you can expect is poor software.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 06:21:58 pm by wraper »

Offline JanL

• Contributor
« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2016, 06:42:06 pm »
Hi folks,

I'v been reading this thread frequently and as an early adopter to the TVM802A am very interested in the performance of the TVM920 when it comes to precission. What are the experiences with 0.5 , 0.65 SSOP?
When I look at the picture on their website (http://sc01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1iHhuLpXXXXaFaXXX760XFXXXj/225484283/HTB1iHhuLpXXXXaFaXXX760XFXXXj.png)
I can see the same problems that I have with my machine: the recognition on the lower pins is in the middle of the pin and not on the egde - ergo there will be an misplacement with half this distance.
On the right side you can see that the camera is not facing upwards at 90 degrees but at a slightly different angle. This normally results in some distortion in the reconition process and could be the source of the placement error mentioned before.
Looking forward to your feedback, because right now I am not sure whether to prefer the 920 over the Neoden4.

Jan

Offline gameguru

« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2016, 08:29:30 pm »
TVM920 fits my requirements because

1. My boards mostly have 0603, SOT223, SMA, MicroUSB, SOIC8, QFN, LQFP 0.5mm
2. More nozzles to cover above parts and to avoid changes of nozzles during operation
3. Quick Reel Changes due to Yahama CL feeders.
4. Easily change more width feeders in same slot.
5. External Air Compressor just like high end machines ensures proper feeders operation unlike push pin type or N4 electric type
6. Easily to Open and Repair
7. Responsive After sales support

Viral

Offline thommo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2016, 09:33:33 pm »
Hi JanL,

Though we have not yet commissioned our TVM920, one thing I can assure you is that both cameras ]top & bottom] are designed, and are practically placed, so as to be perpendicular to the PCB plane.

In my view, what you are looking at in the picture you've mentioned, is the result of the component being 'picked' slightly off-center from the nozzle. This has caused the 920's head to offset laterally in order to align the component in the middle of the camera's view of view, and make the compensation for accurate placement.

From what I am able to view, the camera is imaging the component square on, and in its center.

As I said, we have no practical experience with placing components with this machine yet, however I understand that the vision system in the 920 has been substantially enhanced [compared with that used in the 802 model]. Let's hope so huh?

Cheers - Peter

Hi folks,

I'v been reading this thread frequently and as an early adopter to the TVM802A am very interested in the performance of the TVM920 when it comes to precission. What are the experiences with 0.5 , 0.65 SSOP?

When I look at the picture on their website (http://sc01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1iHhuLpXXXXaFaXXX760XFXXXj/225484283/HTB1iHhuLpXXXXaFaXXX760XFXXXj.png)
I can see the same problems that I have with my machine: the recognition on the lower pins is in the middle of the pin and not on the egde - ergo there will be an misplacement with half this distance.
On the right side you can see that the camera is not facing upwards at 90 degrees but at a slightly different angle. This normally results in some distortion in the reconition process and could be the source of the placement error mentioned before.
Looking forward to your feedback, because right now I am not sure whether to prefer the 920 over the Neoden4.

Jan

Offline glenenglish

• Frequent Contributor
  • RF engineer. AI6UM / VK1XX . Aviation pilot. MTBr.
« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2016, 11:34:04 pm »
Hello all

Yesterday I placed an order for a TVM920 and full spare parts kit.

I'm pretty impressed with the build quality and this (Chinese) manufacturer has demonstrated themselves to be open to feedback and improvement on their software. Most are not.  Down the track it might get a OpenPNP conversion.

Spare parts kit is not cheap, but important if you are a pro and need not to be waiting around for a part to come in...

This might mean I sell my low hour (15kh) Yamaha YVL88-ii if anyone is interested, I have a bit of interest so far.

-Glen
Canberra, Australia

Offline thommo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2016, 12:38:00 am »
Hi glenenglish,

Congratulations on the TVM920 purchase - yet another one for Australia!

We're based in Melbourne so, if you find yourself in need of any of our spares kit [which we purchased 'extra bits' for also], just let's know - we'd be more than happy to help out and share with you to ensure continuity of workflow.

OpenPnP, or similar, could well be on the cards as an alternate Control App I reckon, especially if we end up with sufficient users who are willing to 'contribute' - I think even a small number [like 3] could make a big dent in things. There's another TVM920 owner [Rob in Canada] who we've already discussed this with, who is prepared to commit - so let's know if it has any interest for you once you get things up and running!

Good luck.

Can I ask how soon you expect to be getting delivery?

Cheers - Peter

Hello all

Yesterday I placed an order for a TVM920 and full spare parts kit.

I'm pretty impressed with the build quality and this (Chinese) manufacturer has demonstrated themselves to be open to feedback and improvement on their software. Most are not.  Down the track it might get a OpenPNP conversion.

Spare parts kit is not cheap, but important if you are a pro and need not to be waiting around for a part to come in...

This might mean I sell my low hour (15kh) Yamaha YVL88-ii if anyone is interested, I have a bit of interest so far.

-Glen
Canberra, Australia

Offline glenenglish

• Frequent Contributor
  • RF engineer. AI6UM / VK1XX . Aviation pilot. MTBr.
« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2016, 09:12:42 am »
2 weeks approx, give or take...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf