Author Topic: Pick & Place MachineTVM920  (Read 163117 times)

Offline gameguru

Re: Pick & Place MachineTVM920
« Reply #125 on: October 22, 2016, 02:03:06 pm »
Today I ordered TVM920. I got a air compressor with 70liter storage tank and 100psi pressure, which the Tvm920 needs.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 06:42:11 am by gameguru »

Offline gameguru

« Reply #126 on: October 23, 2016, 02:26:58 am »
Suitable feeders for TVM920 are which I ordered are

Yamaha CL 8*4mm Feeders KW1-M1100-000
Yamaha CL 12mm Feeders KW1-M2200-300
Yamaha CL 16mm Feeders KW1-M3200-10x
Yamaha CL 24mm Feeders KW1-M4500-015
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 06:42:49 am by gameguru »

Offline dtf

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #127 on: October 23, 2016, 03:24:59 am »
Don't forget 2mm pitch feeders if you plan on placing 0402, resistor arrays etc

Offline gameguru

« Reply #128 on: October 23, 2016, 05:34:54 am »
Any benefit of 0402 over 0603 except size?
Please share your views.

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #129 on: October 23, 2016, 07:56:32 am »
Please share your views.
lower inductance.

Offline glenenglish

• Frequent Contributor
  • RF engineer. AI6UM / VK1XX . Aviation pilot. MTBr.
« Reply #130 on: October 23, 2016, 08:46:34 am »
Viral
0402 v 0603

that is not a simple topic.
And not really a topic for this forum- best on another forum to avoid polluting this forum
-so I will answer quick

- more board density. lower inductance useful for some applications. some parts are not available in 0402 only 0603 etc

0402 sized parts come on 8mm tape and usually 2mm pitch. . 0603 and larger and common parts SOT-23 etc come on 8mm tape and 4mm pitch.

I would suggest, sticking with 0603 until you understand the difference yourself. There is alot to it. if you are buying 8mm tape feeders, and you do not know how many 0402 compared to 0603 you might use, I would suggest perhaps order 10%  (8mm x 2mm), and 90%  (8mm x 4mm pitch) - BUT ! as I said , if you need to ask this question, my guess is your experience is not sufficient to make use of them.

Anyway, this is not the place for this sort of discussion- you will find I think plenty on answers on this blog :
"Projects, Designs, and Technical Stuff"
or
"General PCB/EDA/CAD Discussions"

good luck :-)

Offline JanL

• Contributor
« Reply #131 on: October 26, 2016, 08:12:39 am »
So no one has tested placing SSOPs so far?
I was talking to the salesperson on Alibaba and she send me a picture of the requirements for the compressor: https://img.alicdn.com/L1/134/7478/ftssrvlk/9/26/42a151ce52dfdb75e186371854395056.png
This seems huge! What kind of compressors do you people use for this machine?

Jan

Offline thommo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #132 on: October 26, 2016, 09:22:57 am »
I have no idea how my 920 machine would use that volume of air.

We are using a small [and very quiet] Rolair 10ltr/2 gallon tiny machine.

Perhaps if you were loading LEDs with all 4 heads and running 100% non-stop, but that's not our usage - as soon as you add in an 'imaging' cycle, you start to drastically reduce the req volume. Even the small compressors will supply that pressure, so that's not an issue.

Cheers - Peter

So no one has tested placing SSOPs so far?
I was talking to the salesperson on Alibaba and she send me a picture of the requirements for the compressor: https://img.alicdn.com/L1/134/7478/ftssrvlk/9/26/42a151ce52dfdb75e186371854395056.png
This seems huge! What kind of compressors do you people use for this machine?

Jan

Offline JanL

• Contributor
« Reply #133 on: October 26, 2016, 09:48:46 am »
Peter,
thanks. I will go for a smaller one too.

Offline dtf

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #134 on: October 26, 2016, 05:09:44 pm »
I have this one which should be more than sufficient http://www.dewalt.ca/en-ca/products/gear-and-equipment/air-compressors/16-hp-continuous-200-psi-15-gallon-workshop-compressor/d55168

Metric push-connect hose and fittings are actually quite difficult to find in Canada so just connecting it was also a challenge, saved by online shopping.

My machine has arrived, it will be installed this week and hopefully I can start assembly asap. So that was ~6 weeks from payment to delivery.

Offline sparkswillfly

• Contributor
« Reply #135 on: October 28, 2016, 10:35:32 am »
My machine has arrived, it will be installed this week and hopefully I can start assembly asap. So that was ~6 weeks from payment to delivery.

Show & tell!

Offline ar__systems

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #136 on: October 28, 2016, 03:03:51 pm »
Why does not anybody reports about their experience with TVM920? Are you guys holding back?

Offline dtf

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #137 on: October 28, 2016, 06:12:01 pm »
Who else has received a machine recently besides thommo?

Offline dtf

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #138 on: October 28, 2016, 10:54:33 pm »
progress so far, just learning the software now etc. Waiting on the air line fittings to actually do any placement.

The interior light did not work, which was quickly diagnosed as a poor ground connection at the 24V power supply, likely a victim of shipping.

The following users thanked this post: thommo

Offline glenenglish

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #139 on: October 28, 2016, 11:15:59 pm »
Hi dtf

Any reason why the benches and support tables are low to the ground?

I would have the feeder interface plates about chest height so when I was peering into the machine, the PCB would be within my working eyes/ visor length....
My Yamaha YVL88 top cover is about nose height (~1650mm?). feeders plate is about waist height ..... i think that's a bit low hence reason to put the 920 feeder plate about chest height......

My 920 will ship sometime this coming week...

Offline dtf

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #140 on: October 28, 2016, 11:30:57 pm »
i actually took thommo's suggestion of 900mm PCB height and ended up with 905mm PCB height, which is about waist height for the PCB and feeders. I think I would like this better than chest height, where I would have to reach up and over to view a PCB, trays etc. This way I can work either seated or standing

Video is uploading now of running through the sample PCB's program without any nozzles or feeders, but I'm pretty sure if I had the air supply connected I could be placing large pitch / basic panels a short while from now. The software is quite easy to use.

Offline dtf

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2016, 11:34:26 pm »
To haul this thing up the stairs (what kind of idiot puts a machine shop on the 2nd floor? this guy) I had to remove the metal enclosure above the PCB deck. It was not difficult  except the right side Y axis stepper is directly connected to the stepper driver, which is all the way over on the left side, and its cables thread through a hole in the metal enclosure. So, it had to be disconnected and its cable un-threaded all the way through.

Additionally, several bolts had come loose including some securing the steppers to the frame. Of course a good once-over is standard on any new equipment so it was not a problem.

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
« Reply #142 on: October 29, 2016, 04:31:28 pm »
Today I ordered TVM920. I got a air compressor with 70liter storage tank and 100psi pressure, which the Tvm920 needs.

The working throughput of the compressor is also important ( l/min )...
On a quest to find increasingly complicated ways to blink things

Offline imanhp

« Reply #143 on: October 29, 2016, 09:19:07 pm »
Hi Guys,

My company is thinking about buying a TVM920. Has anyone in the thread started to use the machine yet?

It would be awesome to have a Google hangout session together with you guys and discuss where you are at and your ideas about an OpenPNP conversion. Any takers?

I have good relationships with employees/professors, at Chalmers University here in Sweden, than can help me out with setting up student projects to do an OpenPNP conversion for us and to do thorough documentation and make that public. I think it would be valuable to have your insights and ideas as you guys are the first to use the machines.

Offline anfang

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #144 on: October 30, 2016, 04:55:12 pm »
Metric push-connect hose and fittings are actually quite difficult to find in Canada so just connecting it was also a challenge, saved by online shopping.

Can you tell what type of connector adapters are needed? Most US compressors are 1/4" NPT. What does the TVM require?

Offline thommo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #145 on: October 30, 2016, 07:20:19 pm »
Hi imanhp,

Definitely interested.

I'll organise another couple of guys and get back to you.

Thanks for the initiative.

Cheers - Peter

Hi Guys,

My company is thinking about buying a TVM920. Has anyone in the thread started to use the machine yet?

It would be awesome to have a Google hangout session together with you guys and discuss where you are at and your ideas about an OpenPNP conversion. Any takers?

I have good relationships with employees/professors, at Chalmers University here in Sweden, than can help me out with setting up student projects to do an OpenPNP conversion for us and to do thorough documentation and make that public. I think it would be valuable to have your insights and ideas as you guys are the first to use the machines.

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
« Reply #146 on: October 30, 2016, 09:21:08 pm »
Please share your views.

less reel changes.
On a quest to find increasingly complicated ways to blink things

Offline dtf

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #147 on: October 30, 2016, 09:48:53 pm »

Can you tell what type of connector adapters are needed? Most US compressors are 1/4" NPT. What does the TVM require?

10mm push-connect

Offline glenenglish

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #148 on: October 30, 2016, 10:26:50 pm »
Hi  imanhp

I am definitely not interested in an Open PnP conversion by students...

BUT !
it would make an ideal student undergrad thesis project

As the conversion requires knowledge and learning of several disciplines.
- Reverse engineering
- steppers, mechatronix etc, mechanics, dynamics, understanding of dynamic systems and keeping the system closed loop
- microcontrollers and programming
- PC interfaces
- hardware interfacing in general

It would make an ideal undergrad thesis. They would really learn something.

best regards

Glen.

Offline dtf

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #149 on: October 31, 2016, 02:11:17 pm »
The air line parts arrived this morning and I got to placing, here are some thoughts

- The covers need to be down or ambient light will affect the up-vision. The vision system would always align on a reflection instead of the 0402 component when placing with the shades up.
- There is only one vision setting which appears to be luminosity threshold, and it is not set per component but per nozzle. This may cause problems down the road if picking different component types with the same nozzle, time will tell.
- The vacuum pumps are operated via the compressed air source. The unit has one vacuum pump per nozzle. So when you're not picking the unit uses no air. The part number is CKD VSY-L05-444S-F which leads to a Japanese manufacturer, the pumps are rated at 66kPa vacuum with 12L/min draw each. The break adjustment locknut is missing on one of the pumps, likely another victim of shipping.
- So far the software has crashed once (unhandled exception error) while stepping thru placement. The changes I made to system settings were not lost, but all the unchanged parameters from the placement file were gone - i.e. when the tutorial tells you to click save after every change, do it

The following users thanked this post: thommo, Smallsmt

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf