Author Topic: Pick & Place MachineTVM920  (Read 162513 times)

Offline ALEXRA

Re: Pick & Place MachineTVM920
« Reply #550 on: June 25, 2018, 07:46:58 am »
Finally found the TVM925 video!!
seems much better than TVM920 model
LQFP100 placing looks really impressive !

Offline ACE5582

« Reply #551 on: August 01, 2018, 02:51:49 pm »
Has there been any more progress with the open-pnp project on the TVM920? Are users happy with the TVM920? I've been lurking on this forum in hopes of getting some good vibes before I pull the trigger on one of these. I was fairly optimistic until the last few posts and it seems things have died down on this? Is there a better machine out there for around the same price? I'm also looking at the TVM925. It looks like it has 6 heads instead of 4. Any help would be appreciated! BTW I currently have the Neoden TM-240A and have been limping along with it for a while with my projects.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #552 on: August 01, 2018, 03:05:47 pm »
It takes about 20 seconds to look at the ic before placing it, what is it doing all that time ?  :-//

Offline harry4516Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • www.dj0abr.de
« Reply #553 on: September 05, 2018, 11:22:08 pm »
It takes about 20 seconds to look at the ic before placing it, what is it doing all that time ?  :-//

like with the TVM820 and others, the QiHE software has a serious problem with the camera. If I set vision to "accurate" (TVM820) then the adjustment takes a very long time, and is still not perfect. So I am using the quick-mode only, which is much faster and has almost the same accuracy as the accurate-mode.

Offline zszabo

• Contributor
« Reply #554 on: January 21, 2019, 10:03:17 pm »
Hello,

Which version is Your software ?

THX.
Zoltan

Offline zszabo

• Contributor
« Reply #555 on: January 21, 2019, 10:04:35 pm »
Hi again,

Where can be fount the new nozzle holder ?

THX.
Z.

Offline jmelson

• Super Contributor
« Reply #556 on: January 21, 2019, 11:12:16 pm »

Well, the placement rate for the small passives was a LOT better than many of the other low-cost machines!  That was really nice to see!  The camera alignment cycle on the LQFP was pretty slow, however.  But, the placement looked really accurate.  Better than my mechanical alignment machine does them!

This shows some REAL promise.

Jon

Offline MR

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #557 on: May 23, 2019, 11:21:10 pm »
A machine whihc feels like a real machine...performs like a real machine ... and has no softare issues...

http://www.mechatronika.com.pl/content/view/21/4/lang,en/

very late answer.

Yes Mechatronika has no software issues because their software is rubbish and incomplete and doesn't support any good features.

Are you able to store the component pitch to the actual component in the component database? Let me answer it: no, it needs to be done every time the pitch in a feeder slot changes.
Component alignment heavily depends on the temperature, and needs to be set up again and again after time (maybe this is just a problem of their biggest machine). Put that machine into an office and don't heat it over night - that won't work due to the mechanical misalignment of the entire build.

The optical recognition of components is not reliable (we gave up after a few hours trying to train TSSOPs from OnSemi, while other ones worked fine. It's not funny if the machine fails to optically detect 3-4 parts out of 10 and throws them into the bin).

Now we have changed that stuff to our own application using opencv and it's okay but the time we have spent on that is nothing that Mechatronika would refund to us. They said they have tested OpenCV and it's too slow, that's not our/my experience. The optical recognition library they are using was licensed from a Belgium company (who knows if they have implemented it correctly..). Basically everything that needs a bit detailed knowledge is bought from external companies.

Everytime you contact that company you'll get a response of one of the bosses directly (it's a tiny company), and the bosses wrote the crap application by themselves.

We have sent a lot emails to them, and I'm by far not interested in a reply like: yes can be done... practically absolutely nothing was done during all the years (asked for multiselect to decrease the extreme amount of clicks that have to be made if someone wants to place a single component, or enable / disable PCBs in a panel). it needs 5 clicks to place a single component manually from a pick and place list, and if you need to place 10 you'll end up with 50 mouse clicks.

Instead of fixing bugs they prefer to teach workarounds to their customers, again most workarounds are not needed.
Such a machine can be operated by a novice if the software guides the operator what can and what has to be done and what has to be taken care about. But this machine lets the operator run straight into the knife if there's a problem the machine cannot handle properly, the software will just run over it blindly and absolutely dumb.

So yes their software does not have any bugs because it just moves components in a cartesian coordinate system without any smartness. If smartness is required it will fail.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 11:24:17 pm by MR »

Offline Jack Lei

« Reply #558 on: August 21, 2019, 07:43:09 am »
KAYO SMT engineer is online, our full automatic screen printer had come out, if any inquiry or technology problem can send messages.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf