Author Topic: Pick & Place MachineTVM920  (Read 163431 times)

Online mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
Re: Pick & Place MachineTVM920
« Reply #250 on: December 08, 2016, 11:50:01 pm »
Its not that I want to modify the machine, but considering the exceptional build quality, this machine begs to do more than it's software is capable of. I know it pretty much works out of the box, but there are some things that could really benefit the machine (and the user)...

1) Vacuum sensing of components at each of the four heads
2) Brightness / Color / Exposure control of the up vision LED's
3) Auto nozzle changer
4) Multiple cameras and or zoom control

Those are my big wants... All of which could be easily added to a new control board, and most are already featured in openPNP. Yes, it could be done with a bunch of tiny-G or other, but the 9 steppers on the 920 make if difficult to use a single motion unit. A custom one would be ideal, as you could likley port much of the motion code necessary from one of the open source variants, but having the ability to switch axis within a single controller just makes things simpler.

My $0.02 worth.

R.

It really has no vacuum sensing on each head?
How does it know a part was picked up?
Vision presumably
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline dtf

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #251 on: December 09, 2016, 12:35:25 am »
Its not that I want to modify the machine, but considering the exceptional build quality, this machine begs to do more than it's software is capable of. I know it pretty much works out of the box, but there are some things that could really benefit the machine (and the user)...

1) Vacuum sensing of components at each of the four heads
2) Brightness / Color / Exposure control of the up vision LED's
3) Auto nozzle changer
4) Multiple cameras and or zoom control

Those are my big wants... All of which could be easily added to a new control board, and most are already featured in openPNP. Yes, it could be done with a bunch of tiny-G or other, but the 9 steppers on the 920 make if difficult to use a single motion unit. A custom one would be ideal, as you could likley port much of the motion code necessary from one of the open source variants, but having the ability to switch axis within a single controller just makes things simpler.

My $0.02 worth.

R.

It really has no vacuum sensing on each head?
How does it know a part was picked up?

Vision, you can choose per feeder whether you want to check for component mispick. If it falls off between camera and placement, this won't be detected.

Online mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #252 on: December 09, 2016, 12:51:47 am »
Vision, you can choose per feeder whether you want to check for component mispick. If it falls off between camera and placement, this won't be detected.
In the same way as if a part moves after the camera it will be mis-placed.
If it's made it to the camera, chances are it's fine from there on - if not something is probaly marginal and needs fixing
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline Smallsmt

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #253 on: December 09, 2016, 10:04:01 am »
Our machines check the vacuum value before placement again so it know the part was placed or not.

Offline zszabo

• Contributor
« Reply #254 on: December 09, 2016, 01:18:52 pm »
My feeder plate is also 17.2mm instead of 16mm :( No one feeder can be installed.

Offline zszabo

• Contributor
« Reply #255 on: December 09, 2016, 02:32:14 pm »
Daisy from Qihe promised that will send replacement for the feeder plates, once they have tested.

Daisy says that the feeder can be forced, to clamp well, but for me the needed force and 1.2mm difference is to high, and Im affraid that something will bend or break.

No one have found this issue except Glen ? For others the feeders fits well ?

Offline RobK_NL

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #256 on: December 09, 2016, 07:18:33 pm »
@zszabo

The issue seems to be with original Yamaha feeders only. I checked with a 24mm, an 8mm and a vibration feeder, all Chinese clones ordered with the machine. The 24mm and the vibration feeder lock perfectly well with a nice 'click'. The 8mm does not have the same click and it does feel a bit like I have to force something, However, it registers well and sits very stable, so I don't expect any problems.
Tell us what problem you want to solve, not what solution you're having problems with

Offline Smallsmt

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #257 on: December 09, 2016, 07:27:19 pm »
@zszabo

The issue seems to be with original Yamaha feeders only. I checked with a 24mm, an 8mm and a vibration feeder, all Chinese clones ordered with the machine. The 24mm and the vibration feeder lock perfectly well with a nice 'click'. The 8mm does not have the same click and it does feel a bit like I have to force something, However, it registers well and sits very stable, so I don't expect any problems.

Rob can you please show us a picture of the vibration feeder?
Thanks

Offline thommo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #258 on: December 09, 2016, 07:41:34 pm »
Hi,

My Feeder Plates are also oversized and are being replaced.
You're not alone zszabo 😜

Daisy from Qihe promised that will send replacement for the feeder plates, once they have tested.

Daisy says that the feeder can be forced, to clamp well, but for me the needed force and 1.2mm difference is to high, and Im affraid that something will bend or break.

No one have found this issue except Glen ? For others the feeders fits well ?

Offline zszabo

• Contributor
« Reply #259 on: December 09, 2016, 07:49:25 pm »
Thanks for feedbacks.

RobK_NL@
My feeders came with machine, so they are not original Yamaha feeders, but they clam is 16mm width too like original ones.
I tried just the 8mm one yet, but will check others too.

Offline zszabo

• Contributor
« Reply #260 on: December 09, 2016, 07:51:52 pm »
Peter@

Yours have been replaced with new plates from Qihe or You have made new plates ?

Offline RobK_NL

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #261 on: December 09, 2016, 08:05:49 pm »
Rob can you please show us a picture of the vibration feeder?
Thanks
They are these:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/yamaha-YV-series-smt-stick-vibrating_60502590105.html

Don't know if they are from this same source, but that's exactly what they look like. I have a 3-lane and a 5-lane version.
Tell us what problem you want to solve, not what solution you're having problems with

The following users thanked this post: Smallsmt

Offline thommo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #262 on: December 10, 2016, 10:14:00 am »
Replacement Plates are on the way next week I hope!

Peter@

Yours have been replaced with new plates from Qihe or You have made new plates ?

Offline dtf

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #263 on: December 10, 2016, 05:34:16 pm »
Found another software bug, when manually locating fiducials before placement, the machine is in 'fast' jog mode instead of 'slow' so precisely locating them is pretty difficult... in fact the fast/slow jog mode button is missing entirely from the Run screen. Notified them

The following users thanked this post: ttsthermaltech

Offline glenenglish

• Frequent Contributor
  • RF engineer. AI6UM / VK1XX . Aviation pilot. MTBr.
TVM920 UP LED current !
« Reply #264 on: December 11, 2016, 03:36:59 am »
Suggested mod:
Do it : before further use.
Why : UP LED current is uncontrolled and could lead to failure of the up LED array (individual LEDS) . There is no current limit resistor...Thermal runaway occurs.

Fix : insert 2.2 ohm , 1/4 W resistor in series with the UP LED power wiring.
Mod : reduces maximum LED current, instead of the Rds ON of the MOSFET  switch being the limiting factor...
Current before : ~ 500-600mA
Expected current post mod- ~ 300mA. It's not critical. As long as it is a bit less.
Determined: Using Thermal camera, voltmeter, lightmeter, with assembly removed from machine.
Result : LEDs run cooler, less likely to blow up. reduced variation between LEDs. Plenty of light range for the camera.

How to:
There are a pair of wires that run from the microcontroller PCB on the LHS of the machine to the UP led  block. There is a 3 pin connector onto the microcontroller PCB.  (two wires used).

You can access this cable by removing the UP light assembly (2 x HEX key bolts) (after 4 cross head screws for the cover) , and dragging up the wiring a little. Or you can access on the LHS compartment, it is labelled UP-LIGHT. Top of the Microcontroller PCB .

Things are well labelled in there, actually. Good on QiHe for that.

Down LED light to TBD.. Most likely same, needs some series R...

Easy mod, and QiHe to fix.
Glen.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 08:48:10 am by glenenglish »

Offline glenenglish

• Frequent Contributor
hacking the TVM920 protocol (toward OpenPNP)
« Reply #265 on: December 12, 2016, 10:44:45 am »
Spent an hour on this  tonight... got wireshark running on the Atom PC (internal)
First, before you start :
disc microcontroller ethernet  and plug into internet
set adaptor dhcp
download drivers for usb network adaptor, plug it in
get that working
set board eth adaptor back to what it was 192.168.0.10 and set new USB network adaptor (plug in the internet) to dhcp , plug into inet
enable remote desktop
create QIHe user password 
share drives,  set everyone sharing priv full ctl
ctlpanel system- performance - turn off visual effects (set for max performance)
copy c:\users\qihe to safe local on another pc
ctl panel , region and language set to english *or whatever)
set keyboard to english etc
install wireshark 32 bit ( I downloaded installer from another machine)

Voila! -I do all the work via remote desktop on the USB network adaptor.

Fairly simple protocol.
regular tick also handles vacuum events  and other things..
like the 5th byte is the vaccum control 

feeder ctl pretty easy, just bit-wise on 05xxx packets (12 bytes)

simple so far

motion obvious, also.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 08:09:45 pm by glenenglish »

The following users thanked this post: zszabo

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
« Reply #266 on: December 12, 2016, 08:28:23 pm »
Can you post a pcap file?
On a quest to find increasingly complicated ways to blink things

Offline anfang

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #267 on: December 13, 2016, 04:20:23 am »
As follow-up to previous post, I got some more feeders and nozzles (including the 502 nozzles for 0402) and I'll note the 502 nozzles will be a welcome addition to anyone's setup. These were from KingSun. Fit was fine. O-rings not included. Runout was fine. The 0402 nozzle opening is a bit hard to see on the camera (not enough pixels), but you can make it out.

What a difference it makes on pickup. Recall 0402 tending to get picked up sideways with the 503 nozzle. Rock solid with 502.

The Kingsun feeders look absolutely identical to what I ordered from QiHe, and were about 10% cheaper. their sales person watched the transaction all the way through (including a mail to ask if I was happy), they were shipped DHL (about $250 for 15 feeders). They have the same issue on completely locking down--I also have a thick feeder plate. But they seem to hang on fine.

$10/nozzle. They required wire transfer.

Offline anfang

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #268 on: December 13, 2016, 04:21:42 am »
There was a small tub of some kind of lubricant in my TVM920 kit. What is that for? Rails or pneumatics? Was this covered in docs anyplace? Thanks

Offline thommo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #269 on: December 13, 2016, 05:23:31 am »
Rails

There was a small tub of some kind of lubricant in my TVM920 kit. What is that for? Rails or pneumatics? Was this covered in docs anyplace? Thanks

Offline glenenglish

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #270 on: December 13, 2016, 08:54:07 am »
"There was a small tub of some kind of lubricant in my TVM920 kit. What is that for? Rails or pneumatics? Was this covered in docs anyplace? Thanks"

it is for when you are bored and single
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 08:59:17 am by glenenglish »

Offline glenenglish

• Frequent Contributor
502 and 0402 nozzle
« Reply #271 on: December 13, 2016, 08:56:17 am »
Hi Anfang
Good you got the 0402s placing well !

All my new feeders and associated stuff is all from Kingsun. Also spares for my Yamaha....

They are a good company. QiHe feeders a little more money, but one lot of freight clearing cost....

I will spend more time tonight on the protocol reverse engineering.

g

« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 09:07:06 am by glenenglish »

Offline thommo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #272 on: December 13, 2016, 09:24:26 am »
Great news Anfang, and a simple fix too.

Please attach some of your successful 0402 placements in a pic if you get a chance.

Cheers - Pete

As follow-up to previous post, I got some more feeders and nozzles (including the 502 nozzles for 0402) and I'll note the 502 nozzles will be a welcome addition to anyone's setup. These were from KingSun. Fit was fine. O-rings not included. Runout was fine. The 0402 nozzle opening is a bit hard to see on the camera (not enough pixels), but you can make it out.

What a difference it makes on pickup. Recall 0402 tending to get picked up sideways with the 503 nozzle. Rock solid with 502.

The Kingsun feeders look absolutely identical to what I ordered from QiHe, and were about 10% cheaper. their sales person watched the transaction all the way through (including a mail to ask if I was happy), they were shipped DHL (about $250 for 15 feeders). They have the same issue on completely locking down--I also have a thick feeder plate. But they seem to hang on fine.

$10/nozzle. They required wire transfer.

Offline 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
« Reply #273 on: December 13, 2016, 10:57:31 am »
$250 for 15 feeders
That comes out to around $17 per piece? I thought they are at least $50 per piece.
If they are really around that price, I don't think there's any reason to choose a pick and place with the fixed feeder.  :D

Offline RobK_NL

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #274 on: December 13, 2016, 12:28:35 pm »
I think that $250 was the DHL shipping cost.

Paid $60 for my 8mm feeders (45 of them).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf