Author Topic: ReflowR not delivered after 3 months??  (Read 9540 times)

Offline qnoTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: ReflowR not delivered after 3 months??
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2017, 10:16:53 am »
Success,

I have received my ReflowR last week 11-10-2017.

Works great.
Why spend money I don't have on things I don't need to impress people I don't like?

The following users thanked this post: L1L1

Offline Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2017, 10:17:46 am »
Very glad to hear that  :-+
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 02:31:20 am by Kean »

Offline ArdRhi

• Contributor
    • Jenny Everywhere's Infinite: Quark Time
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2018, 08:27:35 pm »
I ordered my ReflowR in December of 2016.

Still nothing delivered.

I've sent emails and polite requests to Lafras. ZILCH.

:-//
Gwen, NG3P                   Author, Cartoonist, Hobbyist
Valley Forge, PA area

Offline Kean

• Supporter
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2018, 02:31:08 am »
That sucks!  Is that one of the ones he was saying got "lost in the post"?  :-//

His earlier campaign is also in a sorry state - and many backers there pledged $1000 or more.   :palm:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/go-from-3d-printing-to-desktop-injection-moulding-diy-entrepreneur#/

Offline 8bitgasm

• Contributor
    • 8bitgasm
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2018, 11:07:29 pm »
Surprised to see this thread, I ordered a ReflowR in November and it came in ~2 weeks to Canada.  Disappointed to see so many people with issues - I wonder what set me apart.

Offline Kean

• Supporter
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2018, 04:23:05 am »
I wonder what set me apart.

Seems to be luck of the draw.  But in reality it was probably based on where you bought it, when, and the chosen shipping method.
I'm guessing if you bought it in November that was via Tindie?

Offline 8bitgasm

• Contributor
    • 8bitgasm
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2018, 04:31:08 pm »
I wonder what set me apart.

Seems to be luck of the draw.  But in reality it was probably based on where you bought it, when, and the chosen shipping method.
I'm guessing if you bought it in November that was via Tindie?

Yep via Tindie.  I even negotiated free shipping with him.... (to buy the large ReflowR)

Offline Kean

• Supporter
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2018, 01:15:11 am »
Yeah, Tindie customers are getting special treatment over his Indiegogo backers.  Just read his latest update (posted by Lafras the day after your earlier post).
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/modern-electronics-reflowr-stem-inspiration-kit-technology#/updates/all

The Reflowr products are OK, and he seems to have good intentions, but his handling of problems has been pretty pathetic and this has unfortunately ruined his reputation.

His other Indiegogo project (Many Maker) is in even worse shape.  In the comments for Many Maker he basically says he needs to sell 120 more Reflowr units on Tindie to earn enough to send out the outstanding Indiegogo Reflowr units.  And if he is doing free shipping deals, then even that isn't going to happen.

He doesn't really explain his plan or timeline to fulfil the Many Maker pledges other than...
Ultimately once I have a full working, fully reliable machine I have no doubt I will be able to raise the funds to deliver your perk.
He was estimating to ship those in mid 2016, and he still doesn't have a properly working prototype.  Glad I was only a minor backer.

Offline 8bitgasm

• Contributor
    • 8bitgasm
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2018, 05:45:53 pm »
After reading is reply, he sounds sincere and genuinely regretful things have spiraled the way they did.  I don't get it though - is there not a UPS or DHL where he is?  I didn't even know what EMS was until this order - my bit of research it looks to be some consortium of random shipping companies.  The EMS website was also disastrously dysfunctional.  I would never trust actual Parcel mail with anyone other than UPS/FedEx/DHL, especially when the majority of his orders were likely not within his native South Africa.

Offline NorthGuy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2018, 07:39:22 pm »
I would never trust actual Parcel mail with anyone other than UPS/FedEx/DHL, especially when the majority of his orders were likely not within his native South Africa.

I don't know what are prices in South Africa, but here, in Canada, shipping a small parcel with FedEx overseas costs about $200 CAD ($150 USD), and UPS is only slightly cheaper. So, for most normal people it is immaterial whether you can trust other shippers or not.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf