Author Topic: Sending parts to China for PCB assembly  (Read 2508 times)

Offline mmarkTopic starter

• Contributor
Sending parts to China for PCB assembly
« on: January 12, 2018, 04:43:24 am »
Hi,

I have a small side business and make a few PCBs for a friend of mine. Normally the assembly house sources all the parts for me (i.e turn key assembly). The boards are simple (small ARM micro controller, a integrated motor driver, and a few jelly bean components). But this time one of the key components was out of stock everywhere and the factory lead time was 26 weeks . |O
I was able to source the parts in the UK and have them now on my desk in the US. Now I need to ship them to my assembler in China...

I looked into FedEx and UPS but am a bit lost with all the details they request, like commercial invoice, certificate of origin etc. Where do I get the certificate of origin from? Do I write it myself? What about tax / custom fees. Do I get an invoice from the shipping company for it or do I have to handle this with the Chinese Customs Office myself? Total value is ~700 US$. My contact recommended to declare less, than 200 US$ to avoid custom troubles, if this good advise?

Any tips are appreciated!

Thanks,

Mark

Offline NorthGuy

• Super Contributor
Re: Sending parts to China for PCB assembly
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 04:59:49 am »
Since you don't sell the parts, there couldn't be any invoice. As to the country of origin and other custom stuff such as HS codes, simply copy them from documents supplied by the company which sold you the parts.

It would be easier if you instructed your supplier to ship directly to your manufacturer.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf