Author Topic: SMD Bus Bars  (Read 7662 times)

Offline MarchelloTopic starter

• Contributor
SMD Bus Bars
« on: March 14, 2018, 08:53:57 am »
Hello!

Does anyone know where to find similar SMD BusBars for PCB power lines? (preferably several different sizes)

BR
Mark

Offline ar__systems

• Frequent Contributor
Re: SMD Bus Bars
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 03:32:02 pm »
I doubt these huge chunks of metal will be able to get hot enough in the time normal reflow process takes.

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 04:41:58 pm »
I made several custom copper buses with dimensions of 20x4x1mm. and soldered them with our standard thermoprofiles absolutely without any problems.
It remains to find something similar from component manufacturers.

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 08:41:54 am »
Someone, please! :'(

Offline max_torque

• Super Contributor
    • bitdynamics
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 06:36:13 pm »
I just get Laser or waterjet cut "profiles" taken out of copper sheets of the correct thickness.  Watch out for the differing thermal expansion on long lengths, you might want to include some basic forming (bent sections) to absorb that expansion without resulting in the soldering failing or the pcb cracking eventually

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 10:47:41 am »
I just get Laser or waterjet cut "profiles" taken out of copper sheets of the correct thickness.  Watch out for the differing thermal expansion on long lengths, you might want to include some basic forming (bent sections) to absorb that expansion without resulting in the soldering failing or the pcb cracking eventually

Thanks for answer!
I thinking about waterjet cut, but also about one problem - finish soldering coating.

BR
Mark

Online langwadt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2018, 11:13:58 am »

Thanks for answer!
I thinking about waterjet cut, but also about one problem - finish soldering coating.

BR
Mark

custom rf shielding cans and such are usually make with photo etch

Online thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 07:40:41 pm »
There are a few varieties here, but its not cheap: http://uk.farnell.com/c/connectors/connector-tools-accessories/jumpers-shunts

If you also google "tin plated copper bar" you will find some bus bar or metal suppliers, then you will need to have it cut to length (could be done with a bandsaw or similar).
These are just a bit too big: http://www.elektronordic.eu/copper-busbars.html 12 x 5 mm, but smaller ones should exist.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline daqq

• Super Contributor
    • My site
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 04:57:15 pm »
Could you have it cut out of a tin plated sheet? The sides might be a bit of a problem, but with proper flux they should solder quite nicely, even if they are raw copper.
Believe it or not, pointy haired people do exist!
+++Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Online tszaboo

• Super Contributor
  • Current job: ATEX product design
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 05:09:26 pm »
The last time I had to use busbars, they were custom designed, and manufactured to our spec.
If you want just a little more current in your PCB, Harwin has these, but these are small.
https://www.harwin.com/filter/?level=3&code=HLF&tlcode=H

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf