Author Topic: Some China PCB manufacturer recommend  (Read 64704 times)

Offline anishkgt

• Frequent Contributor
    • George Hobby
Re: Some China PCB manufacturer recommend
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2017, 04:37:39 am »
Just here to share my experience with www.allpcb.com , In short excellent service and built quality. My sales representative was Kevin. I should say he is great at what he does. PCB test passed very quickly and completed the payment latter. My PCB for a SPOT welder i had designed was completed in the promised time of 3 days for fabrication and shipped the next day via DHL. 100pcs for USD:162/- including shipping to middle east.

I had to chase kevin the last minute too (sorry about that kevin) and he managed to replace my Gerber file with the last minute design change. I wish they had status update like PCBWAY.com does where each phase of the fabrication is updated online.

which fab did you select at Allpcb?    I'm Just about to order some more boards and a new one has popped up..  Its 30% cheaper than the others...
I chose the cheapest it was shunyijie technology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ElectronicCat

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2017, 05:39:04 pm »
I recently ordered with ALLPCB as well, specifically the KJPCB fab. I ordered five of two designs in one file for a nixie tube clock (which may or may not have been inspired by Dave's nixie project ::)) standard 1oz copper, 1.6mm FR4 and green soldermask and received 6. I did pay extra for ENIG over HASL as I had been spoiled by OSHPark and I think it really helps with fine pitch parts (and looks good too ;)). It wasn't much extra either unlike most other manufacturers. I paid just under $50 in total, including express delivery by TNT. This was very quick, and overall from ordering to having the boards in my hand was 5 days! OSHPark would have been slightly cheaper, but taken several weeks longer and I was looking to try another company. If I hadn't gone for express delivery or ENIG it probably would've been cheaper. It also looks like the pricing would've scaled better for larger boards and multiple designs. Most of my boards are as compact as possible as I've gotten used to optimising for cheapest price on the PCBs over anything else.

The website is generally pretty good, however a few things I noticed is that I couldn't find a list of naming conventions for Gerber files, only the format. I had to try several attempts to get it to accept my drills file (apparently .txt worked, even though the file with the exact same contents with other extensions was rejected). The order status indicator could also be better, maybe indicating which stage of the process it was at during manufacturing but even just kept up to date would be nice. I contacted customer service after a few days when it still said 'awaiting manufacturing' and they quickly responded to my query that they had been manufactured and were waiting shipment. The login page could also be improved, as it doesn't use SSL/TLS (password being transmitted over plain text) nor is there any option to remember the password, and you must type in a capcha each time.

Overall I am pleased with the quality of the boards. Good quality and service, I'd recommend them and use them again. I haven't assembled them but they look like they're fine electrically. The copper and finish also looks fine and all within spec. Soldermask is also a decent job, though the areas without soldermask are a bit inconsistent (see the rings around vias at the bottom). Nothing that looks like it'll be a major concern though. I did use a mixture of tented and untented vias of differing sizes and selected the 'tented vias' process whilst noting that the design contains some which are tented and some which are not. I did intend to have almost all of them tented except the thermal vias and a few for important signals which I might need to probe or solder mod wires to. However, the boards I received seem to have fairly random tenting applied. The majority of them are ok, but some of the ones I wanted tented are untented and vice versa. Not a huge problem though, I can live with it. The final point is the silkscreen. This is probably the most disappointing part of the process, as it's quite inconsistent, varying in thickness and readability with not enough ink in places and big blobs in some. The bottom of design 'B' also all came with it offset by a couple of millimetres in each direction which whilst isn't a massive issue with my design, doesn't look great and it's actually printed over one of the pads. I couldn't find any manufacturing specifications for the silkscreen but I'm used to OSHPark being nice and crisp so I assumed it would be fine (I actually used a larger font than I usually use). Nevertheless, it does it's job adequately enough and isn't a massive issue.

Whilst writing this review I was inspecting one of the boards and actually noticed something stuck to one of the traces (bottom photo). I'm not entirely sure what it is, it almost looks like a trace pulled from another board, but it appears to be gold plated and it's well adhered to the board. Doesn't look like a short from a visual inspection so it probably passed the e-test (I don't have a multimeter with me at the moment to test), but I probably won't use the board anyway as it's carrying a moderately high voltage. They sent an extra anyway as mentioned, so I can't complain too much.

The positives:
  • Cheap
  • Received one additional board than I ordered
  • Very fast service
  • Edges are all cleanly routed - no v-grooves or mouse bites
  • Looks good quality and up to spec
  • Good customer service

The negatives:
  • Silkscreen not the best quality
  • Hidden payment charge at checkout
  • Solder mask edges aren't particularly consistent around unmasked areas
  • ALLPCB website could be better

Offline JPortici

• Super Contributor
« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2017, 06:01:10 pm »
ouch. that silkscreen on board four was really bad. i usually receive boards from them with about 0.1 to 0.5 swell.. that's too much, man!

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2017, 09:12:05 am »
Yes,you are so professional!  :-+     It must be OSP,not LF-HAL.We are also a PCB manufactory,If you have any question or demand,please feel free to contact me,email address  f.leopcb@hotmail.com  and  sales9@multech-pcb.com are both available. Thank you!

Wheres your online quoting system. 
On a quest to find increasingly complicated ways to blink things

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2017, 03:00:10 am »
I am sorry we used to have an on-line quotation system,but our customer feedback the price is a bit high by on-line quote,so now we canceled this function,and trying to improve it.
The on-line quotation system is convenience for customer,but the expense is high costs.Because in the origin design of the tool,it was considered every case,so the default will be the peak price to cover all of the cases.It seems very useful,but actually,it did the opposite,so our on-line quotation was temporarily unavailable.
Usually,we quote case by case,considering hole size,hole density,track width,clearance,board thickness,surface finish and many more,to calculate a precise and equitable price for our customer to save their costs.In normal conditions,we can offer the price within Two Hours.
If you have any project for quoting,please feel free to contact me,my email address is  sales9@multech-pcb.com  or   f.leopcb@hotmail.com
By the way,we can do both PCB and PCBA.
Thank you very much!
Sincerely,
Leo
If you cant' provide accurate and timely quotes online then you're not going to get our business.  I can get the prices of over 25 differnet fabs in less than 2 minutes online.    2 hours is like 2 years in this game.   PCB's are so cheap now that saving a few dollars is not really interesting.. Much more interested in getting the answers i need right now.

Offline Erin.KOU

• !
  • ALLPCB, Sales manager, erin.kou@allpcb.com
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2017, 03:59:07 am »
      So thanks for your detail feedback about the quality and website. This is Erin, sales manager in ALLPCB.
      We set our new fab on May, 2017, and we keep to improve our quality in soldermask and silkcreen, and holes.

and the negatives you mentioned, it is the quality in May, during the latest 2 month, we keep to impove our quality in soldermask and silkcreen, and holes, and other all places that need to improved.
      For the Matreril, we choose KB6160 Grade A, 
      For the soldermask, we choose Taiyo Ink;
      For the silkcreen, it has improved much (each screen, max used 5times)
      For the delivery time, we now offer free expedite, this should also be a good way to help customers to save time and money.

also we are keep to improve our website,  for your mentioned:
      • show each manufacturing process
           Reply: For this, it will be surely shown in our site. now our techincal engineering has working for it. It will be updated in the near future, now it has finished, and wait update for the website. Pls be noticed.
      • For login page, save passward and not type the Capcha each time
           Reply: For save passward, it is OK to use the browser to save the passward. For the capcha I consult our technical engineering, it is a considerate of safe. It need to type the capcha.
      • Silkcreen not the best quality
           Reply: we have improved the silkcreen, and each screen used max 5times, to confirm the silkcreen's quality.
      • Hidden payment charge at checkout
           Reply: we have improved our online quote system, once you submit correct as Gerber design, the price will fewly changed.
      • incosistent soldermask
           Reply: for the soldermask, we have improved by change the material to be Taiyo ink, and for the screen, its tension is 43T, which can be a confirm for the quality.
      • ALLPCB website could be better
           Reply: Yes, it always need to improving to offer customer a better order experience. We are keeping and working for it.[/li]

It is realy very appreciated that you gave us so many good suggestions.Thanks again for it.
    If any other questions, just feel free to contact me.

Best regards,

Erin
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 01:35:02 am by Erin.KOU »
I am a spammer that wont leave this forum alone

Offline SMdude

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2017, 09:33:25 am »
Hi Erin,

You have been carefully listening to our needs in the background and now your website quote form looks really good.
Specifically you have a feature to work out panellised boards, so unless there is something odd I should not really expect the price to jump much once I have submitted the quote.
You should probably add a selection for the panel route process.

I will give your service a try soon.

The following users thanked this post: Erin.KOU

Offline SVFeingold

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2017, 09:44:06 pm »
Hey all,

I can recommend HQPCB.com, which just launched an English website that will ship via DHL internationally. Before HQPCB would only ship to China so you'd need an agent there. HQPCB still comes out a little cheaper if you DO have someone in China. I've been using them for years and been very happy. The prices are obscenely low and I have never had a quality issue. Silkscreen is not great but plenty enough for my purposes. Seems a little better with standard silkscreen & soldermark. Inner hole barrels are not super smooth but I feel as that's often the case. I've had them do microBGA which worked well.

I just placed an order for an 8 layer PCB from them, controlled impedance, 4/4 space/trace, .2mm drill, blue mask, about 6" x 4" size, 9-10 day turn. Total cost: $580. Advanced Circuits quoted me that price for EACH board!
Most of my orders are under $100. They can expedite 4-layer in 48 hours for like $40, 24 hour turn on 2-layer also cheap. They offer a PCBA service but I've never used it, still in beta.

Anyway, if I remember I can take some more pics later but here are a few: http://imgur.com/a/VWFWO

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2017, 10:09:27 pm »
Is http://www.3pcb.com/ the same as https://www.pcbway.com/ ?
pcbway, 3pcb and pcbgogo are one and the same (JDB PCB).

Offline SVFeingold

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2017, 10:19:39 pm »
Sorry guys forgot to add that the English version of HQPCB is NextPCB.com

The following users thanked this post: evb149

Offline TomS_

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2017, 08:33:20 am »
pcbway, 3pcb and pcbgogo are one and the same (JDB PCB).

Ive just been working on some quotes and was about to submit some boards to PCBGOGO after having submitted some to PCBway, and I started to get really suspicious about the fact they seem to have VERY similar websites. I was thinking either they are ripping each others websites off or they are the same company.

Guess I will have to find a second source - I was looking for a couple to try and see what the quality differences were like for a similar batch of PCBs, and who I might prefer to use in the future. I suppose the PCBs will come out of the same factory, so retail front end means nothing.

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2017, 10:13:24 am »
I found out whats happend with the web sites.. Yes there are multiple web sites that look the same.   Some clever guy at one of the companys, wrote the web site applicaiton for pcb fab..  then he stole it from his boss, and started a new business, and sold it to everyone who wanted it..

Offline TomS_

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2017, 11:54:21 am »
The sales person I was speaking to at PCBGOGO was very open (when asked) about the fact that they and PCBWay are related companies and use the same factory.

Offline ddavidebor

• Super Contributor
    • Smartbox AT
« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2017, 11:25:29 pm »
The sales person I was speaking to at PCBGOGO was very open (when asked) about the fact that they and PCBWay are related companies and use the same factory.

I bet 10 bucks it's not true
David - Professional Engineer - Medical Devices and Tablet Computers at Smartbox AT
Side businesses: Altium Industry Expert writer, http://fermium.ltd.uk (Scientific Equiment), http://chinesecleavers.co.uk (Cutlery),

Offline anishkgt

• Frequent Contributor
    • George Hobby
« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2017, 08:24:02 am »
going to make another order with Allpcb.com since my last order was good.

The following users thanked this post: Erin.KOU

Offline TomS_

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2017, 08:33:46 am »

Why do you say that?

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2017, 08:54:33 am »
what currency are your bucks.

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2017, 09:58:08 am »

I'm waiting those 10 bucks then. I ordered from PCBGOGO, the same package as PCBway but with PCBGOGO logo on it, exactly the same label stickers used. On top of that I ordered some free proto boards which they give away. Guess what? Those boards have www.pcbway.com written on them. Also in the past most of the photos on PCBway website had JDBpcb logo on them. Find the diference between those photos and prices:

« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 10:03:20 am by wraper »

Offline dnotq

• Contributor
« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2017, 07:11:16 am »
Does anyone have experience with these companies on PCB assembly jobs?  I'm looking for a full turn-key (PCB, sourcing parts, assembly) company, plus possibly layout services.  I have used iTead before, as well as four U.S. companies (RushPCB, Imagineering, Advanced PCB, Accutrace) and had good results from all.  The PCB quality of the U.S. companies was somewhat better than iTead, but the U.S. prices were always about $1000 more when it was all said and done.

It would also be nice to find a PCB company that is willing to work with me (answering questions mostly, and maybe pointing out certain changes) to make designs that are easier and cheaper to manufacturer.  However, maybe that is too much to expect at a hobby (100 pieces is my typical order) level?

Offline ZayneTech

• Contributor
« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2019, 02:20:55 am »
JLCPCB is also great for quick and easy PCB's. 10 Boards for $2! They also include a 24HR turnaround. Personally, I'd recommend them over any other manufacturer in China. Check them out at www.jlcpcb.com
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Offline loki42

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2019, 01:01:50 pm »
Finding prices and reviews for assembly (PCBA) is much harder than PCBs.

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2019, 03:54:07 am »
New PCB prototype
https://www.pcbonline.com
single size: 35*35mm
Material : Carbon Nanotube
Finish Thickness: 1.6mm
Layers : 2 Layer
Copper Thickness: see Stack Up
Surface Finish : Immersion Gold 2u"

Stack Up:

L1 ----> The copper thickness of the second step:0.6mm(17 OZ)
-----> The copper thickness of the first step:0.4mm (11.5 OZ)

CCL 0.2MM aluminium nitride ceramics

L2 ----------------------------------- copper thickness:0.4mm(11.5 OZ)

The finish thickness: 1.6mm

Be very careful Edwiin. The tolerance for PCB fab spam in this forum is well, very close to zero.

Offline OwO

• Super Contributor
  • RF Engineer.
« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2019, 04:17:00 am »
I wonder why there are still people trying to get into the PCB manufacturing business, the market is way saturated and margins are already razor-thin. There are so many lower hanging fruit to tackle, like the super lucrative test equipment market where shit is still way overpriced and margins are easily 5x even at the low end.
Email: OwOwOwOwO123@outlook.com

Offline ddavidebor

• Super Contributor
    • Smartbox AT
« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2019, 06:19:52 pm »

I'm waiting those 10 bucks then. I ordered from PCBGOGO, the same package as PCBway but with PCBGOGO logo on it, exactly the same label stickers used. On top of that I ordered some free proto boards which they give away. Guess what? Those boards have www.pcbway.com written on them. Also in the past most of the photos on PCBway website had JDBpcb logo on them. Find the diference between those photos and prices:

PCBGOGO:
15 Zhong Xing Lu
15 Zhong Xing Lu, BuJiZhen, Longgang Qu, Shenzhen Shi, Guangdong Sheng, Cina, 518112

PCBWAY:
HK Weiku information & Technology Co., Ltd
No.2, Industry 3rd Road, Jinsha Village, Kengzi Street, Pingshan New Disctrict Shenzhen China

Hangzhou Weiku information & Technology Co.,Ltd
Room 1105-1108, No.2 Building, Est Mall Business Center, No.698 Changbang Road, Xiacheng District, 310004, Hangzhou, China

Different companies. Only brands of HK Weiku i know of are 3PCB and PCBWAY. They're policy is more oriented towards building their main brand (PCBWAY).
Their website got ripped by employees more than one. China is not the US or Europe. If two companies have the same website, it does not mean it's the same company. Doesn't even mean the same guy made the website. First, they copy the masters, then innovate.

David - Professional Engineer - Medical Devices and Tablet Computers at Smartbox AT
Side businesses: Altium Industry Expert writer, http://fermium.ltd.uk (Scientific Equiment), http://chinesecleavers.co.uk (Cutlery),

Offline ddavidebor

• Super Contributor
    • Smartbox AT
« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2019, 06:25:33 pm »
Finding prices and reviews for assembly (PCBA) is much harder than PCBs.

I made 6 production runs (10-200pcs, i make scientific equipment) on PCBWAY. They never got a single thing on the mounting. One time they screwed up packing tough...

That being sad, you must write your requirements very well, and provide accurate design drawings if you have anything other than smd components.
Be also very careful to specify if components cannot be washed or reflowed, because production for small quantity is never as flexible.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf