Author Topic: Stencil printer project  (Read 1859 times)

Offline PartialDischargeTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Stencil printer project
« on: September 23, 2018, 11:24:08 am »
So last month I decided to build my own tensioned stencil printer. My constraints were to build it with the materials I have around+work from my lathe/mill. The weirdest boards I have are around 5cmx38cm so I aimed for a rectangular area. I got some design ideas from a stencil printer I saw in another post too.

I took a plastic sheet (I believe it is delrin) and added some handles, feet and attached a aluminum plate:

« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 10:48:11 am by MasterTech »

Offline Pinkus

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Stencil printer project
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 12:03:01 pm »
Interesting and nice use of scrap parts. I wish I would have such a XY table laying around.
Side note: If somebody wants to sell one, please PM me.

Please keep us informed about how it finally works.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 12:11:27 pm »
Interesting and nice use of scrap parts. I wish I would have such a XY table laying around.
Side note: If somebody wants to sell one, please PM me.

Please keep us informed about how it finally works.

Thanks, I believe profile projectors are not used much today and u may find an old one for a decent price. The nice thing about these tables is that they use ball bearing guides and they have absolutely no play.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 09:08:31 am »
An update. Basically I noted that the front side of the tensioner was a bit flimsy, so I made a couple of improvements. I moved both frontal supports to the front side (they were a bit behind before) made them stiff and with a brass gear as height adjustment.
But most importantly I made a couple of guides for the lateral bars so that the stencil always falls in the same place, which was the main drawback I saw before. Now the repeatability is excellent
I've tested it only with simple boards, my final test with a small QFN is coming in a few weeks.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf