Author Topic: Test rig - original vendor?  (Read 1252 times)

Offline Martin FTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Test rig - original vendor?
« on: January 06, 2019, 11:52:02 am »
Hi all,

We're looking to purchase a test rig, along the lines of below:
https://buy.macaos.com/products/test-jig-120x80mm-board

We've seen many use similar test rigs online, but we've been unable to find the original manufacturer of this. While we could buy it via the above link, we're hoping to find the original manufacturer as we'll need quite a few of these.

Any of you have an idea of where this might come from or be available?
If you know similar test rigs at lower cost, we'd also be interested.

Best,
Martin

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
Re: Test rig - original vendor?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 12:22:05 pm »
Find a local CNC capable plastic fabricator and get them made to suit your design or needs. Best if you can in that instance YOU do a lot of the design as you know what tolerances are needed for the pogo pins and test fixtures.

The clamps are nothing special (modified toggle clamp with maybe a sleeve bearing on the shaft for accuracy) and the frame is a simple Laser or CNC routing job. Base frame could be good quality Ply (what I think the link shows for the base frame) or Plastics.

If you buy 10 from my I bid 749 euros each and I will have a European holiday personally deliver them  >:D

edit added link for the clamp https://www.banggood.com/GH305C-Toggle-Clamp-BRH-500-Lbs-32mm-Plunger-227Kg-Holding-Capacity-Push-Pull-p-1392937.html?gmcCountry=AU&currency=AUD&createTmp=1&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cpc_elc&utm_content=frank&utm_campaign=pla-brand-elc2-au-pc-0517&gclid=Cj0KCQiA68bhBRCKARIsABYUGic52zcUCRISZyeZtuJfCdo2h5jSDfAlsPiAZ9qvOwXtIUBdC1Q1QGAaAtAEEALw_wcB&cur_warehouse=CN

« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 12:26:38 pm by beanflying »
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline Gribo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 03:05:39 pm »
What is the purpose of your jig? There are many test jig vendors out there, with price range of few 100Euro to tens of thousands Euro.
I am available for freelance work.

Offline SWR

• Regular Contributor
  • Without engineering science is just philosophy.
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 08:49:04 pm »
I bought this one to play around with:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/PCBA-Test-Tooling-PCB-Test-Rack-Universal-Embryo-Rack-Universal-Test-Rack-Empty-Rack-Jig/32919411165.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dyaOobv

It's propably not the original vendor but it's quite cheap and they do custom sizes.
I'm planning to 3D print the needle and pressure plates and build DPS5005 PSUs, DMMs, load resistors and J-link programmers into the bottom tray.
You should never go down on equipment!

Offline Martin FTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 07:49:52 am »
Thanks all!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf